Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands

Go down 
+17
rogerpgvg
spacelab
Duck-Anch-Amun
Saarlooswolfhound
Pepi
Bonnie
lucky luke
Kikimalou
SerAndrew
costicuba
Pardofelis
Advicot
bmathison1972
Steve170
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
Roger
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 10:02 am

What wonderful comparison pics, and your photos make all the models look even better than they already are! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 3:48 pm

My pleasure Adam Very Happy

Thank you Lillias, my photos show the models exactly as I see them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
My pleasure Adam Very Happy

Thank you Lillias, my photos show the models exactly as I see them Very Happy
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 8:09 pm

Hi!
Would anyone be so kind to include a comparison between the CollectA and Safari ringtail lemur??

I want to customize the Safari one as a crowned lemur, but I shall be smaller than CollectA ringtail to do that...

Thanks! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 8:16 pm

WONDERFUL, Christophe !!!!!

So great that you got this topic going again, - it really deserves it Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 8:32 pm

The new safari and papo mandrill are great. Besides size difference, but the detailing is magnificent on both.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 9:37 pm

Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 9:39 pm

I've yet to do this Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 10:32 am

Hello
Is there anyone who as perhaps a comparison pic of the Safari Coyote with a wolf from one of the major brands? Ideal would be a comparison with a Schleich Wolf...the Schleich wolf in my collection is the old model 14223.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Is there anyone who as perhaps a comparison pic of the Safari Coyote with a wolf from one of the major brands? Ideal would be a comparison with a Schleich Wolf...the Schleich wolf in my collection is the old model 14223.
Thank you

I have another Schleich wolf, I hope this helps.. They are about the same size but the wolf is stockier. The coyote scales much better with the wolves of all the other brands that are a bit larger. Pics:

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 pm

I didn't know you had the Coyote from Safari !!!

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 10:49 am

Thanks for comparison! I don't have the small Schleich wolves but that's a comparison that doesn't look unpleasant to me. OK, coyote should be a little smaller or the wolf larger but they are pieces that work acceptably together. We can't say the same about the Safari maned wolf.

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Thank you for all the help :) Yes, it doesn´t look very weird, but it seems that my Wolf is even a little smaller (when I compare it next to the sign on TAW). But maybe I should buy another wolf and so I can use my old Schleich still as another subspecies.

I have to look, but thank you for your thoughs and the images!
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:46 pm

Yes, I also give this comparison a green light to, that coyote will be bought in the next Safari purchase (which can be in six months considering the still huge Japanese wishlist Razz )

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 8:00 pm

Since it is on the small size your Schleich could pass for an Eastern gray wolf or even better a plains wolf (North American subspecies).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 6:32 pm

To celebrate the return of my collection after 4 years far from me, here goes a comparison picture of two African wild canids, both released in 2005 and curiously the other company never made the other species if you know what I mean. Laughing
This was this hobby in 2005!
Safari African wild dog and Schleich black-backed jackal

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 9:37 pm

It's definitely worth celebrating being back with your collection after so many years! The jackal's legs are rather short, but the African wild dog looks great.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 9:48 pm

What a wonderful pair and how wonderful that you are back with your collection- it must have been such an amazing feeling being reunited with so many much-loved models! cheers I'm sure your foxes loved seeing you again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 12:03 am

A great comparison photo! And it is even pretty good scale wise. So glad you are reunited with your collection my friend!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 9:58 am

Thanks everyone, one more comparison, this time two figures with 10 years difference. Schleich 2004 wild boar and Safari 2014 collared peccary

rogerpgvg wrote:
It's definitely worth celebrating being back with your collection after so many years! The jackal's legs are rather short, but the African wild dog looks great.

That represents what was the design of these brands at the time. Even if the jackal looks like a Welsh Corgi, it was much more appreciated then. I think our collecting tastes are reedducated now and it is obvious the jackal aged much more than the African wild dog that continues being a very realistic piece.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 10:31 pm

Roger wrote:
To celebrate the return of my collection after 4 years far from me,
I bet that's wonderful, to see them all again! cheers Congrats! (I love the painted dog!)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 8:52 am

Another wonderful pair- I love these boars, the Schleich model is so realistic with the fur and general shape being very much like this species! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 10:51 am

Thanks everyone, it is surely a joy to see all my collection reunited and now I am enjoying slowly each figure as it was the first time with them in my hands.
today's comparison picture is the Safari polar bear, sculpted by Doug Watson in 2009 and that after all these years, continue as one of the nicest polar bear figures around. I don't have a Schleich to compare so here goes with the mighty Papo standing model. Safari's weighs 114 g while Papo's is more massive weighing 150 g.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 3:00 pm

I love that Safari model, I had never seen it before but it definitely is one of the most beautiful plastic polar bears I have seen! Very Happy And the Papo model is amazing too, with a fantastic pose! cheers
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2021 9:46 am

Glad to know you are reunited with your collection, I hope the transportation was fine and nothing was damaged.

I have had the opportunity to get that Schleich jackal once, but rejected it because I already had the better CollectA. Now I regret that choice because despite those bad proportions, I think they would have formed a pretty nice pair together.

However, I currently do have the opportunity to get the Safari wild dog, it's certainly better than my Mojo and yours is brilliantly painted but I would need to know if it's a male or a female so I would be grateful if you could have a look between its legs for me Laughing I also don't remember the gender of my Mojo if anyone has it.

That Schleich boar remained the best from the German brand IMO and despite a little oversizing, the peccari is a too important species to be missed.

I missed the Papo standing polar bear because I already had too many Schleich and don't want to end up with a pack of this solitary animal. I would need to get rid of a Schleich, but my least favourite is the newest one which is yet the most compatible aesthetically with the Papo... So I quite don't know scratch

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next