Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pipsxlch's Finds

Go down 
+17
sunny
George
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Tiermann
halichoeres
landrover
costicuba
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Roger
Advicot
rogerpgvg
widukind
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 3:36 am

I'll start pulling them out- she was a preschooler when G3 came out, and I dumped all my collector drives on it for her. She had all the releases for a couple years, even outside the US ones... living near Disney was a boon in trading. We got quite a few G1s also, she really wanted there to be boy ponies. I think there are only a handful of G2s. I remember Silverswirl.
I found the singing Minty doll this past Christmas in my stuff. Nothing embarrasses a 21 year old like a pony singing about socks!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 3:45 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Nothing embarrasses a 21 year old like a pony singing about socks!
Laughing Laughing

Sounds like a great collection, exited to see what appears! bounce No rush though, of course!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 8:59 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Thank you all!

I had a good day today, the Safari scutosaurus from a trade arrived, thank you so much Valerie- love it! And while out, not even looking or expecting to find models, I came across the AAA cuttlefish. I've been wanting this model since I found out about it, and have been eyeballing one online for almost $30- more than I'm comfortable spending. I'd almost talked myself into it when I stumbled across this one locally for $1!

Sorry can't post photos at this time, my computer is in the hospital. I don't know how to do photos on this tablet.

pipsxlch wrote:
Here's the link to the online lot- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The cuttlefish I found is just like the one here. I would have bought the lot for just the 1 model, so it would have been roughly $28 for it and some models I'd probably have given away. Yes, quite the rush! My husband and the saleslady looked at me rather oddly when I exclaimed "Oh my God, it's the cuttlefish!" lol

lol! I love it! :) We can wait for the return of your computer or you can e-mail me the picture and I post it here for you. We're also missing it on TAW.
Congratulations, finding such a wanted model for such a little money is really great. Very Happy

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 9:28 am

How wonderful- finding something so rare for such a little amount! cheers cheers cheers
This is why I love collecting, there is always that sense of achievement and joy when you find something that you have wanted for ages for a bargain price! Very Happy I can't wait to see photos! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 1:30 am

Thank you everyone. Hopefully the computer is back soon and not too painfully, the problem is I don't know how to get photos off my camera onto this tablet. I use a USB memory card drive with the computer, but there is no port on this. I have already taken a picture of it with the Lego brick, Rogerio, along with a Funrise llama I found a couple weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Thank you everyone. Hopefully the computer is back soon and not too painfully, the problem is I don't know how to get photos off my camera onto this tablet. I use a USB memory card drive with the computer, but there is no port on this. I have already taken a picture of it with the Lego brick, Rogerio, along with a Funrise llama I found a couple weeks ago.

No hurries, it will be much easier when you have your computer back. Exciting that you've found the llama.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 1:09 am

Here they are! Feel free to use the photos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Funrise llama 1989

AAA cuttlefish I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 1:16 am

Just beautiful Kelly! Big congratulations again. cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 1:24 am

Oh, I like how they did the paint on that cuttlefish, like the drip paint. They are both great, very full of personality. I think I'd name the llama Ramen, thanks to the texture of his coat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 3:36 am

Is the llama AAA too?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 8:47 am

I used your pictures on TAW, Kelly! It is also interesting that the llama is marked 1989 instead of 1988. It is only the 2nd figure on TAW of the latter Zoo set. I also used your picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - isn't it incredible that this illusive Funrise set exists and with so many wolf collectors nobody got this one yet. Collecting is an adventure.
I love the cuttlefish. I have no idea about the species, maybe a common cuttlefish, if someone knows, please let me know.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 8:56 pm

I wish I could find that many wonders in the occasion of MY birthday...
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Wow, such wonderful and unusual models! cheers
That cuttlefish is amazing, so realistic and with so much detail in the sculpt! cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 7:40 pm

The Llama is wonderful!!!

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 1:50 am

Just a couple finds today, they didn't have what I went back for. Neutral  But I did get this intact Innovative Kids Bugs toob, I haven't pulled them out yet but it looks like some pretty interesting figures. Now if I could find the Gone Extinct toob!
Only other find was this weird old shark. Size and material/weight are comparable to modern major manufacturer sharks.

And got these a couple weeks ago, haven't seen a betta model before:

I also have a question- I bought some AAA models on eBay. They are in like new/unplayed with condition to look at them, though they were not on cards. But they're sticky. I have a few other models from the same series, they were definitely preloved but don't have any tackiness. Does anyone have any ideas what to do about them? Should I wash them in dish soap or something?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 8:04 am

So many wonderful and interesting finds! cheers
That bugs toob looks really interesting, I'm sure when you open it you'll discover many treasures! sunny
Fantastic shark as well, definitely fits well with major brand ones! That Betta is beautiful too, I'm sure Paige will love to see it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Another mistery! I've never seen a figure marked like your shark and it look really cool.
AAA figures get easily sticky, they use a lot of plasticizer in some of their models.
Maybe you can find useful information in this link but better to start with the figure of lesser importance to you.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 1:23 pm

Nice finds!congrats

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Congrats on the insects tube! That in itself is a rare find.

The shark almost looks prehistoric in head shape, add a few weird antennae like bits to it and it would like a dinosaur era species.

And of course that betta is awesome, what a great figure! I wish someone would make more models of these fantastic little fish.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 1:23 am

Thank you, everyone! Very Happy

Thanks for the link, Rogerio! I shall try what it says. The figure is the hatchetfish I just submitted a photo for, love the deep sea fish but the figure is a somewhat rubbery one and maybe the glow-in-the-dark translucent plastic doesn't help. The seller had a bunch of them and mine was in a heat-sealed baggy, for who knows how long.

Would you like a Lego brick photo of it for TAI?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 6:14 am

Please let additions. Innovative kids are very interesting but the shark is my special highlight. It is exactly what i lve and hate - a very good looking figure but from a vintage mystery brand.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 6:58 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Thank you, everyone! Very Happy

Thanks for the link, Rogerio! I shall try what it says. The figure is the hatchetfish I just submitted a photo for, love the deep sea fish but the figure is a somewhat rubbery one and maybe the glow-in-the-dark translucent plastic doesn't help. The seller had a bunch of them and mine was in a heat-sealed baggy, for who knows how long.

Would you like a Lego brick photo of it for TAI?

Probably your hatchetfish was not breathing for 30 years. Let us know if it works if you ever try it.

About your shark, if you take a picture with a Lego block I can put it on TAW under Unknown Hong Kong Maker. Seeing the position of its eyes, I'd say it is not very confortable with human presence. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 7:41 pm

So cool!! I really like that betta! It is strange that there aren't more models of them, they are such beautiful fish.

Congrats on that mystery shark. I love a good mystery creature. Very Happy Is F-P possibly Fisher Price Toys? They hyphenate their name, I think. Fisher-Price.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 1:27 am

Laughing I'm not so comfortable with human presence either, so we should get along! I am putting a Lego pic up on the Additions for TAI thread when I leave here. Feel free to use any of my pics you like.
Jill, that is a good sounding possibility. Certainly Fisher-Price was active in the Hong Kong days; perhaps this fellow was part of one of their playsets.

A set of betta breeds would be a lovely idea for one of the Japanese firms! One like the Yujin goldfish breeds.

Even before being washed, the hatchetfish already feels less tacky. Maybe just being able to 'breathe' after being who knows how long in an airtight sack, as you say Rogerio.

Here is a pic of the shark with a major manufacturer one, the Safari Monterrey Bay tiger shark.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 1:35 am

This is the Fisher-Price Marine Biologist set from 1982. Might be your guy? (This ad has some of the most confusing typography. scratch )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pipsxlch's Finds
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next