Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pipsxlch's Finds

Go down 
+17
sunny
George
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Tiermann
halichoeres
landrover
costicuba
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Roger
Advicot
rogerpgvg
widukind
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 2:27 am

That nautilus is really cool! I have been trying to find the 4D famemaster one for years. The arowana is really cool too. Great finds all together and congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 3:21 am

Thanks Paige! The shell and operculum are hard plastic, the body and tentacles are rubbery. I don't care for rubber figures, but in this case it's unobtrusive and hopefully will prove durable. I've also been on nautilus quest. The 2 fish I thought might be bubble containers, with the rings being the handles of the wands... but no. They're just rings in the mouths. Maybe they came from a fishing game? With the rings removed and repaints, they may be nice- the arowana especially is not bad.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 3:34 am

Marvellous nautilus of course... cheers cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 8:53 am

A cool nautilus.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 9:02 am

Another impressed with the nautilus, what a great find!

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:21 am

So many interesting discoveries and wonderful models- it must be so fun to drive into a thrift store and each time come out with so many treasures! Very Happy The Nautilus is so realistic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 5:53 pm

I wonder if it's regional or local luck - I've never found model animals in charity shops, which are our version of thrift stores. And pre-covid I was in them regularly, for books and dvds and check work shirts, and always had a hopeful scan of the toys and collectables kinds of areas just in case. Lots of china shire horses, and occasional really bad plastic dinosaurs, but never a single thing of 'our' kind of brands!

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 2:40 am

I think luck has a fair bit to do with it, in if the shops in your area even bother selling toys. Until recently, the chain thrift Goodwill which are the most common thrift shops around discarded their toys except for plushes and larger items. Fortunately that's changed! A couple small charity run shops and flea markets are where I get most of my items.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Wonderful new figures Kelly, the nautilus is just splendid!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Great additions,congrats!
With regard to the charity shops in the UK,they are very hit and miss and also would agree that it can be vary regional or even vary from town to town.I have found quite a lot of models in charity shops but I think there are less of them, it would seem,than in USA thrift shops.I also find that certain chains of charity shops are better than others.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 4:02 am

I found a handful more things, didn't photograph everything yet though- most of it common or probably not of real interest here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chinamal Corgi, the horse is also unmarked but looks like the Funrise models Jill likes, I really want to like the catfish- cool model!- but it's made of rubber and I really DON'T like rubber models. I have a big black AAA lioness too, and a rather cute unmarksd polar bear cub.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This neat K&M African bullfrog too- unfortunately it's also rubber sigh. You can see some peeling paint on the face.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 6:46 am

Great models! Too bad the rubber ones are of that material. That catfish is quite neat otherwise.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:29 am

I especially like the frog

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Nice finds-I especially like the Corgi and the African bullfrog.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 4:42 pm

That frog is really cool, a shame it's a material you don't like. I can't blame you there, though.

That horse looks like a combination of both the Funrise and the little Play Visions/Club Earth/Papo minis I love, ha! Very cute!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 3:15 am

what a beautiful detailed arowana !

and the goby (mudskipper ?) above is so cute. And the custom of your dog is really very nice !
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 9:35 am

I wish I could find an African bullfrog like yours and if it was one of these rubbery salamanders, it would even be better. Wink
Though, from all your last additions I missed, Paige's portrait of your dog is the absolute star! cheers Paige is surely one of the fairies of this forum. Our blue fairy with magical powers. flower

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm

So many wonderful new additions, especially that lovely Corgi! Very Happy I had never seen this Chinamal before, he's very sweet with those bat ears they have and little legs! sunny I also love the sculpting of the fur on his chest, such a sweet dog! I love you That Bullfrog is very realistic too!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 3:49 am

Thank you all!

I had a good day today, the Safari scutosaurus from a trade arrived, thank you so much Valerie- love it! And while out, not even looking or expecting to find models, I came across the AAA cuttlefish. I've been wanting this model since I found out about it, and have been eyeballing one online for almost $30- more than I'm comfortable spending. I'd almost talked myself into it when I stumbled across this one locally for $1!

Sorry can't post photos at this time, my computer is in the hospital. I don't know how to do photos on this tablet.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 3:58 am

Oh wow! BIG congrats kelly! What a good day for you. Hope your computers gets well soon so we can see them!

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 4:22 am

Congrats!! What an awesome series of events. That kind of find is always an adrenaline rush! Very Happy So glad you hadn't spent the $30 yet, that's a different kind of rush when you find it for a $1 later, haha.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:02 am

Here's the link to the online lot- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The cuttlefish I found is just like the one here. I would have bought the lot for just the 1 model, so it would have been roughly $28 for it and some models I'd probably have given away. Yes, quite the rush! My husband and the saleslady looked at me rather oddly when I exclaimed "Oh my God, it's the cuttlefish!" lol
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:15 am

That's exactly how I do math with lots, haha. If I only want one of them, really, then the cost of the lot is the cost of that single figure . . .

That cuttlefish is really cool!! Love the colors on it!

(My mom still talks about the way I reacted to finding some old My Little Pony at a yard sale, how she thought the person running it was kind of afraid of how excited I was. Laughing Same energy.)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:25 am

He really is neat! I'm very happy to have him, he's on my bedstand for the night lol.

Are you still into MLP? My daughter doesn't want her old G1/3 models, one more thing for me to dig up and sell or give away before maybe moving. She had dozens.

The avatar switch worked- high five!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:27 am

pipsxlch wrote:

Are you still into MLP? My daughter doesn't want her old G1/3 models, one more thing for me to dig up and sell or give away before maybe moving. She had dozens.
Shocked I definitely am! I collect the G1 (and 2)! Please let me know if you decide to sell them, I'd gladly take a look and if all else fails, I may be able to help you find some buyers!

EDIT: Yes I am still failing to recognize myself!! Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pipsxlch's Finds
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next