Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pipsxlch's Finds

Go down 
+17
sunny
George
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Tiermann
halichoeres
landrover
costicuba
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Roger
Advicot
rogerpgvg
widukind
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 3:41 am

I went to a huge flea market in my hometown of Fort Lauderdale for my birthday, hitting a few thrift stores in the bargain. I got a pretty good haul. It included a bunch of Safari Monterrey Bay sharks (along with a Schleich/Maia & Borges one I think, it's from Portugal) and a couple Safari Carnegie dinosaurs. Most of it is Safari, sort of makes sense since Ft. Lauderdale is only a short distance from Miami where Safari is headquartered.

Some of it I'm definitely keeping, some I'd be willing to part with but am happy to keep, some I'd like to rehome. Let me know if you'd like more info on something.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I love the huge cartoony Chap Mei plesiosaur. It's now part of my home décor. This is the lot minus the M.B. sharks and the dinosaurs- other than Stan the Chap Mei.

Dinosaurs minus the Carnegies. The grey Parasaurolophus is ROM.

Special sharks and dinos, the Maia & Borges(?) shark and the Safari sawfish which isn't a Monterrey Bay are included here.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 8:05 am

That surely was a haul for a birthday cheers
What better birthday present than finding so many pearls on a flea market ?
Well, it also takes a talented collector to sort the pearls from the gravel Wink

That plesiosaur is indeed fabulous !!! Chap Mei at it's best Applause
Other Cap Meis also, aren't there ?

And Wanishing Wild models also, - wonderful sharks ! And that purple crab is beautyful Very Happy

Amazing all the treasures you found.
Was it from the same seller ? A collector selling out, perhaps ?

CONGRATULATIONS  flower  flower  flower

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 10:04 am

Really nice haul with rare catches.

What brand is the coconut crab?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 11:11 am

Amazing that you can find so many figures in thrift stores. I never find anything here. Happy belated birthday! What is the blue crab? Is it under its own shell or is it "borrowed"?

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Lovely finds. Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 3:29 pm

The Chap Mei plesiosaur is a figure that demonstrates very well the Chap Mei concept. Those are action figures made to look scary in an atempt to approach what our subconscious fears. They cover it with a somewhat humouristic cartoon touch that reminds us that they are just toys. Chap Mei is very special.
I see loads of other interesting figures. Congratulations for all your new birthday finds.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 5:53 pm

Great lot of models.i should have visited that flea market when I was on holidays in Fort Lauderdale!

pipsxlch

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 2:11 am

The coconut crab is only marked 'Disney' and 'Vietnam'. (Figures from a country other than China wow! lol) I believe the shell is supposed to be borrowed not home grown.

I unexpectedly went to a town on the other side of a large lake today, not far as the crow flies but it is to drive. We stopped at a couple thrift stores. I scored an older Schleich Indian elephant, an unopened Safari Rainforest toob, and one of the stores had just received a big donation from Disney (it's only a short distance away, I've noticed they donate to several local charities). I got 4 unopened toobs of Avatar/Pandora creatures. Any interest in a toob of aliens?

Thanks for the comments folks! Very Happy

Taylor, yes too bad you didn't! It's the outside part that has the cool old things, inside is just new cheap trash. There is a good farmer's market. It's in the rougher part of town, and it's helpful to speak some Spanish or, anymore, Creole. There's a pretty good thrift store only a few miles away, named Thrift City.

I grew up only a few miles up the road from there. Crocodile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 am

Gosh ! Kelly, it seems you live in a very exotic place cheers
How I would love to come and follow you around some day drunken

widukind

widukind

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:26 am

Trying out a new photo hosting site, with a couple new or newish finds.

Blip Toys buckskin horse, just tagged horse. Looks like Blip Toys is replacing Terra by Battat at Targets department stores. Next photo is with older Safari buckskin for comparison. Photos can be used for TAI.

Old new store stock '97 Safari donkey I found today, and a cartoony unmarked Border collie. Is Karin/Night Lioness still around? Laughing

Shark set from Walgreens Drugstore, apparently these are the same as those sold as Animal Planet Shark Week at Walmarts a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 8:04 am

That shark set has some amazing figures, I am very jealous

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:12 am

Nice Buckskin horse.I haven't heard of Blip toys.The old Safari Donkey looks really nice as well and completely different colour to the one I have ! Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Lovely horse ! I really like him Very Happy
Good idea to show him with hs old friend from Safari Applause

And the old Donkey ! Even with the old tag Shocked
What a precious find Very Happy

Those sharks are a great find also !!!
As Adam says, - some amazing species among them cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Isn't it wonderful to find mint new with tag a figure that was retired 10 years ago?
I'd get crazy if it was with me. Love your Safari donkey, he is a special friend, he waited all these years making ugly faces to all children hoping someday you would find him. No Blip Toys wild animals?

pipsxlch

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Roger, they did have wild animals and dinosaurs- I only had the money for 1 figure the day I bought the horse, and it's the one that most caught my eye. If I remember right, there weren't any really exciting species.

Adam, if you like I can get you a shark set. It costs $10.70.

The donkey did surprise me! I found a little hole in the wall shop, sadly closing in a couple weeks. The current owner inherited some store stock from the previous incarnation as a doll shop, guess the donkey's been there all that time. So he really is 'new'. Poor guy! I didn't see anything else old, but will try to get back before they shut down.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Interesting, Kelly! I'd ask you to see if there is a rattlesnake
forgoten among these dolls but, even if you find it, overseas kills everything.

widukind

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Roger wrote:

Do you know the size of that snake?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Nice additions again, especially the shark set :)

Congratulations :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 8:04 pm

I tried to look for that shark set but my walgreens never got that set in stock! Lovely additions, all.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyMon May 18, 2020 9:14 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

No, but surely too small for your Bullyland grey rat baby! Laughing

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyTue May 19, 2020 12:02 am

Congratulations Kelly cheers
The Blip Toys horse looks very nice , with own charm ... I like this different tail :)
I am also a happy owner of this so lovely Safari donkey and it is especially precious to me, because it is a gift from Susanne sunny
The Shark set look`s very nice too. Isn`t it the Basking shark exactly the same as the Safari one ?
I think yes... now I am holding my Safari model and it looks the same.
But the others are very interesting looking :)

widukind

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptyTue May 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

No, but surely too small for your Bullyland grey rat baby! Laughing

Could be good :)

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:21 am

How big is the one you'd like? I found one today, but it is toob sized, perhaps 7-8 cm? It looked like that photo otherwise, but Safari's toob figures are often miniatures of their larger figures. The seller had some other small Safari snakes in the lot. If it's the right one, I'll go back next week and get it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds EmptySun May 31, 2020 5:16 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
How big is the one you'd like? I found one today, but it is toob sized, perhaps 7-8 cm? It looked like that photo otherwise, but Safari's toob figures are often miniatures of their larger figures. The seller had some other small Safari snakes in the lot. If it's the right one, I'll go back next week and get it.

I can't find the size anywhere. Though, it is a Wild Safari Wildlife figure, it is likely marked with much more information than a regular toob model. The picture on TAW was posted by Susanne but it is not from her collection so I can't ask the size. If it gives you many troubles, please don't worry too much about it.

Pipsxlch's Finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds Empty

Back to top Go down

Pipsxlch's Finds
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next