Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a mysterious old french vintage brand

Go down 
+9
Babdo
sunny
widukind
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 10:16 am

Thank you Christophe for these interesting informations about monochromatic figurines productions! cheers cheers 

According to our friend Cyril, the little green smilodon would be original Tim Mee.. :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Cyril is right, it is a Tim-Mee Very Happy

And the lion below is a Heinerle-Manurba

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Babdo6
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 2:06 pm

and these 2 are copies of Clairet tiger:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Monoch10
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm

You are right, I was searching a lioness and I forget the tiger
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 10:37 am

At last I got one! Very Happy  an original lion from this still unidentified french brand we use to call "pseudo Clairet" on my french forum:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 P2190015
a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Lion_m14

I love its marbled texture we also can observe on some hippos from the same brand:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Lion_m15

here with bazar monochromatic copies:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Lions_13

.. and here between vintage Clairet (on the left) and Cyrnos ones:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Trio_l12

They have about the same posture but:

- its sculpt is better than the Clairet one and its tail ends up

-  to compare with the Cyrnos one, its mouth is closed

but overall, from above:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Trio_l13

.. he slightly turns its head on the left side in a very natural attitude..

With this extremely rare model, it's a very old child dream that is becoming true for, when I was a kid, I only had bazar monochromatic models and dreamed  to have a natural original version! Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 1:15 pm

Big cogratulation Alain, first because it is a very rare lion from a still unknown brand and second because it's always great to fulfill a childhood dream Applause

Could you make a portarit family with the other animals of this series ?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 9:57 pm

Great find! I don't quite understand why on the one hand, they copied Clairet, while on the other hand they went through the effort to change the sculpt. Interesting!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 1:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Big cogratulation Alain, first because it is a very rare lion from a still unknown brand and second because it's always great to fulfill a childhood dream Applause  

Thank you Christophe! You will find portrait family of the wild and farm animals from this mysterious brand on the previous page. We just miss your monochromatic bear and the chamois. Maybe could you add your so clear comparison pictures of bears from this mysterious brand and from Clairet.. :)

Monochromatic farm animals are easier to find on ebay but I nevers saw original models anywhere. Maybe they were released after the wild ones, and only sold under that version. They are very close in sculpt to the Clairet models!

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 1:24 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great find! I don't quite understand why on the one hand, they copied Clairet, while on the other hand they went through the effort to change the sculpt. Interesting!

Thank you Roger! I suppose it's a matter of copyrights! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 1:35 pm

Caracal wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Christophe! You will find portarait family of the wild and farm animals from this mysterious brand on the previous page. We just miss your monochromatic bear and the chamois. Maybe could you add your so clear comparison pictures of bears from this mysterious brand and from Clairet.. :)

Monochromatic farm animals are easier to find on ebay but I nevers saw original models anywhere. Maybe they were released after the wild ones, and only sold under that version. They are very close in sculpt of the Clairet models!

Here is it Alain Very Happy nevertheless your first pics are showing all this models but not all the Wild animals in one pic. bounce

Mysterious Polar bear
a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Unknown-Polar-bear-1

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Unknown-Polar-bear-3

With Clairet and Feral.
a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Unknown-Polar-bear-4

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 2:16 pm

study study study study study

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 4:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Christophe! You will find portarait family of the wild and farm animals from this mysterious brand on the previous page. We just miss your monochromatic bear and the chamois. Maybe could you add your so clear comparison pictures of bears from this mysterious brand and from Clairet.. :)

Monochromatic farm animals are easier to find on ebay but I nevers saw original models anywhere. Maybe they were released after the wild ones, and only sold under that version. They are very close in sculpt of the Clairet models!

Here is it Alain  Very Happy  nevertheless your first pics are showing all this models but not all the Wild animals in one pic.  bounce

Mysterious Polar bear
a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Unknown-Polar-bear-1

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Unknown-Polar-bear-3

With Clairet and Feral.
a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Unknown-Polar-bear-4

Thankyou Christophe for adding the polar bear! Very Happy

On the first pic I show all the wild animals models molds  I HAVE on the same picture! I don't have any others, I miss that bear and the chamois and I don't know if there are others. :)

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 4:20 pm

widukind wrote:
study study study study study

Thank you Andreas, we need helps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 1:27 am

That's a very beautiful lion figure, I think it is as beautiful as the Gulliver one but more artistic.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 9:02 am

Roger wrote:
That's a very beautiful lion figure, I think it is as beautiful as the Gulliver one but more artistic.

The Gulliver one is from the same mold as the Starlux one. When I was a child, I prefered the sculpting of this monochromatic cheap bazar lion than the one of the far more expensive Starlux one! Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 2:32 pm

Caracal wrote:
Roger wrote:

The Gulliver one is from the same mold as the Starlux one. When I was a child, I prefered the sculpting of this monochromatic cheap bazar lion than the one of the far more expensive Starlux cone! Very Happy

Yes, the Starlux 1960 lion, I should hadnoticed it earlier.
Perhaps Starlux lion is slightly more balanced in terms of proportions, but there is a superior artistic quality in the mysterious model. More movement, more drama, more action.One thting I notice is that the vintage lion figures are much nicer than the first cute lions of the major brands.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 9:43 pm

Caracal wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Thank you Roger! I suppose it's a matter of copyrights! Very Happy

Thanks, that makes sense. I suppose Hong Kong and Chinese companies didn't need to worry about copyright so they could/can make exact copies.

I used to have that cream polar bear as a child. I may still have it, I need to check.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 11:17 pm

Oh yes check please! bounce
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 4:38 pm

Here the original polar bear in hard plastic that I received last week in an ebay lot:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 P2570034a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 P2570035

and here with other models from this same mysterious brand:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 P2570036

I miss the chamois on his stone..

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 4:41 pm

And here the farm models easier to find in monochromatic soft plastic but never found in hard plastic:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 P2570037
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 5:23 pm

Wonderful oldies! cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 5:28 pm

Beautiful polar bear!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 5:54 pm

I'm glad you finnally caught the Polar bear cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 6:33 pm

Very Happy Many thanks to you three Taylor, Roger and Christophe!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 6:52 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

a mysterious old french vintage brand
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next