Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a mysterious old french vintage brand

Go down 
+9
Babdo
sunny
widukind
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 10:31 pm

Amazing!! Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 12:25 am

Thank you Andreas and Shanti! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 8:35 pm

Many of the iconic collections and series we know today result from the dedication of those who work to rescue them from oblivion.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 11:34 am

Thank you Rogério but in this case, our efforts still not get any success. Since they are very rare, we  suppose that this zoo production was short, first with hard paints (or not) plastic models, then with soft monochromatic cheap models sold by sets of 6 during the sixties.

Since we never found hard plastic farm models though bazar soft plastic models are easier to find (but yet rather rare!), we suppose these farm models were never produced in hard plastic but directly in later soft monochromatic cheap bazar version.

As we know, thanks to "Insiste" a SP 1/32 french member, that there is a brand, "Max Parisot" (MP) that had a short zoo and farm animals production by these times that we don't know for none catalog has been found till now, we suppose it could be match with this brand. But there is a well identified farm animals production from this brand which do not fit at all with our mysterious brand, but I found in their crèche production one sheep which is very similar to the one of the bazar set!

What we can observe is that these unidentified models are very close to "Clairet" or "Jim" ones but maybe a little better carved and we can suppose they all have been produced in Montreux by the same times (fifties, sixties) and maybe by the same sculptors! :)

Here our misterious and Clairet polar bears comparison picture:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 P2570038a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 P2570039
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 1:01 am

Caracal wrote:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 P2570038a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 P2570039

how very interesting Alain! it is like a web waiting to be untangled - all these new discoveries!
I noticed how the polar bear has been very well sculpted, it is a beautiful figure, but yet the legs are not in the proper gait. Perhaps the polar bear is just moving around slowly and not 'walking'. At the moment it has the gait of a camel and giraffe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 9:44 am

sunny wrote:
Caracal wrote:

how very interesting Alain! it is like a web waiting to be untangled - all these new discoveries!
I noticed how the polar bear has been very well sculpted, it is a beautiful figure, but yet the legs are not in the proper gait. Perhaps the polar bear is just moving around slowly and not 'walking'. At the moment it has the gait of a camel and giraffe Very Happy

Thank you Annette! Very Happy 

But at the contrary, this mysterious polar bear has the right gait, for he is ambling like camels, elephants, giraffs.. Ambling is the natural bears gait and that 's why this model is even more realistic than the Clairet one on the right. :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 10:14 pm

I agree with Alain, bears walk amble.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 2:40 pm

the original no painted gorilla (pictures from web):

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 Gorill23
a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 Gorill24
a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 Gorill21

I bougnt and paid this model (very expensive!) on ebay the same day, waited 18 days and learned that the seller canceled the sale because I wanted it, what is wrong. Ebay gave me back my money and I could not get the model! I just have these pictures to cry!

Fortunatly I have some monochromatic bazar copies:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 P2680031

and here all my cheap soft plastic monochromatic bazar copies by now:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 P2680030

I still miss the chamois never seen again since I was eighty old!  :)

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:24 am

That was very unfair, Alain! I hope you are lucky next time.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 10:03 am

This sixties series is indeed very mysterious. I won't be surprised if there was a tiger and a wild boar in the set.
What about the chamois ? any idea about what it loks like ?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Oh I remember rather well, I 'draw it! Thanks to you both Rogério and Christophe!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 2:55 pm

Could you show it ?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 10:22 pm

Sorry to hear that the seller cancelled the gorilla that you were so keen to get. Hopefully, you'll find it again. Who knows, next time it may be cheaper. Have you thought about painting the bazar versions as the brown version you are looking for?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 12:21 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Could you show it ?

Yes I'll show it as soon as possible! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 12:23 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Sorry to hear that the seller cancelled the gorilla that you were so keen to get. Hopefully, you'll find it again. Who knows, next time it may be cheaper. Have you thought about painting the bazar versions as the brown version you are looking for?

Thank you Roger! :)

No I prefer to keep the bazar versions like they are.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 9:17 am

Wonderful again. I really like this kind of figures

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 1:40 pm

Thank you Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 pm

here a draw of the chamois whose I had red soft plastic bazar version a long long time ago! In the cheap bag sets, It always was of the same colour than the bear. So mine was red, the lion and gorilla were blue abd rhino and hippo were yellow.

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 P2680042

I remember well the stone, higher on the fore paws, and the falling back line (maybe not as much as on the draw!). In my remember, there was few space between fore and rear legs, its head was turning on its left side. Seeing the draw, I think the body was no so long, shorter.. :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 10:18 pm

Nice drawing of an unknown Chamois, at least for me scratch
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 11:07 pm

I hope my remember is not inflenced by this Starlux souvenir model:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 Starlu15

.. because they are very similar except the sizes! but I am sure the stone was more little and flat and the legs were closer..
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 2:41 am

I hope you get one of those gorillas (from a different seller Wink

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

Thank you Annette!
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm

Thank you very Munch Ricardo! This painted original model is a true rarity!  Very Happy cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 am

at this moment on french ebay, this lot of bazar monochromatic soft plastic farm animals:

a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 Ferme_11

I crossed the models who are not from our mysterious brand (but from "Feral" brand for most of them).

These soft plastic farm models are much more common thant the zoo models but never found in original hard plastic til now, so I suppose they only were produiced later on this soft monochromatic form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a mysterious old french vintage brand   a mysterious old french vintage brand - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

a mysterious old french vintage brand
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next