Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases

Go down 
+38
LukaLeon085
Loon
Tyrannotitan1984
Gecko08
Stripedhyena
Caracal
Numa
Birdsage
Shanti
NightLioness
Fossa
Ana
EpicRaptorMan
WhiteLightning Wolf
Sergey
Loustic
jarda
arafan
Megaptera
Bonnie
SeanieP
Bloodrayne
widukind
Kikimalou
George
Arctinus
Pardofelis
endogenylove
Joliezac
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
bmathison1972
Michelle
lucky luke
spacelab
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Oh my gosh 😱 We got some new european birds and I will surely get the European Magpie, the European Spoonbill and the Great Tit. The same for the African Sea Eagle. With the Hummingbird, I will wait if someone can identifie the species.
For the anthropods I have to look if I perhaps already have those species and if the specie can be identified (snail, shrimp).

Edith:
The snsil could be Cepaea nemoralis

Last edited by Duck-Anch-Amun on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:54 pm

I like the great tit a lot, and the magpie is nice too - though I was hoping for a spread-wings pose so the panels of white in the feathers would show nicely (even if I had to do a repaint to add them cos the factory paintjob simplified things Laughing )

With the oh-so-tempting robin of last year, and these two to taunt me further, I think I might have to start a little garden birds collection!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Here's what I put on ATF:

These are my tentative planned purchases:

1. spoonbill - appears to be the Eurasian spoonbill, a new species for me
2. hummingbird - will get it if we can reliably assign a species-level ID to it
3. stag beetle - of course, it's an insect (but at this angle the mandibles look off; could just be the angle)
4. African sea eagle
5. snail - thoughts on a species? must be something native to Europe
6. titmouse - looks like the great tit, Parus major. Not sure yet. I have the Furuta version, but I might prefer this one. I'll have to think about it.
7. clouded yellow butterfly
8. magpie - looks like the Eurasian magpie!
9. shrimp - a given that it is an arthropod, but I need to try and figure out a species of possible
10. hermit crab - same, will get it but need to try and figure out a possible species
11. Charolais cow - this is a maybe

big maybe:
1. one of the Spanish bulls. Even though I like cattle breeds, I am not a fan of Spanish bulls, mainly because I don't like why they are bred.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Ok I literally want all the prehistoric figures, the wolves, sea life, and the birds. This really blew me away, Papo has been amazing these past few years!! cheers

Some red wolves?? Finally!! I've been wanting some red ones for sooo long.

I really can't praise the birds enough, all new molds and species and they look gorgeous!!

Absolutely cannot wait to purchase all these new figures, hopefully they don't take forever to release like Papo usually does. I'm still waiting for the smilodon and lobster for this year Crying or Very sad Hopefully next month?? Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Also sorry if this is off topic, but when/where can you usually find what Papo figures will be retiring in 2022? I assume the Styracosaurus will retire since its getting a new paint job, but I'm unsure on the others. Just wondering because once a Papo figure retires, if I don't get it immediately I have a lot of trouble finding it again, I paid a lot of money for retired Papo figures this year Embarassed

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Most animal pics added Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:51 pm

adding the wolf as a maybe, IF we are confident it is a red wolf.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I was just doing it.. where did you add them? Did I erase yours?
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 6:55 pm

Haha, ok, now mine are erased. I stop.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:06 pm

spacelab wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

I was just doing it.. where did you add them? Did I erase yours?

spacelab wrote:
Haha, ok, now mine are erased. I stop.

scratch scratch scratch scratch Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers I stopped too  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:09 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

6. titmouse - looks like the great tit, Parus major. Not sure yet. I have the Furuta version, but I might prefer this one. I'll have to think about it.

5 - It si supposed to be Cepaea nemoralis. "escargot des bois" in French.

6 - Great tit indeed
8 - I agree, at last an Eurasian magpie cheers
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:29 pm

In order not to mess with it again, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could you add the black and white bull and move the turtle to the re-releases please?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:42 pm

I am incorrigible  Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Thanks Jarda for linking the pictures and thanks to all that posted immediately the pictures on first post. I was out for a few minutes and apparently at least three members were working on it! cheers
I am very ahppy with the releases, not as many repaints as I suspected, I was almost 100% sure the African sea eagle would use the mould of the Fishing eagle but I am glad it has a different mould with such a bold species choice.
The Eurasian spoonbill is my favorite of the batch, such beautiful model it looks from this picture. All birds are of my interest and to be fair I like the wolf even if its eyes will be Jackalistic.
I was right about the snail and butterfly species, with Papo think in French and you'll get it. Laughing
Hummingbird is not easy, maybe Blue-chinned sapphire is the closest I can find but I will revisit it.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 8:18 pm

I edited some further pics, the knights and the black white bull.

The Mosasaurus is wonderful. But 12/2022? affraid

Papo starts to make braids at horses. Seems, that this is loved by the buyers. tongue

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 8:21 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
I edited some further pics, the knights and the black white bull.

The Mosasaurus is wonderful. But 12/2022? affraid

Papo starts to make braids at horses. Seems, that this is loved by the buyers. tongue

Thanks, I forgot to say that I really dislike the Lusitano. It is one of the most beautiful breeds of the world and my expectations are always huge. I think it is the most disappointing figure considering my collecting interests.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 8:41 pm

I just saw the pictures Thank you very much! cheers Applause Cool
Birds, they are incredible! bounce
I really like the magpie, the coal tit, the spoonbill and the African sea eagle reminds me of a New-ray figure in better  Wink
PAPO drunken cheers cheers Applause Applause I love you
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:03 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

1. spoonbill - appears to be the Eurasian spoonbill, a new species for me
2. hummingbird - will get it if we can reliably assign a species-level ID to it
3. stag beetle - of course, it's an insect (but at this angle the mandibles look off; could just be the angle)
4. African sea eagle
7. clouded yellow butterfly
9. shrimp - a given that it is an arthropod, but I need to try and figure out a species of possible
10. hermit crab - same, will get it but need to try and figure out a possible species
11. Charolais cow - this is a maybe

big maybe:
1. one of the Spanish bulls. Even though I like cattle breeds, I am not a fan of Spanish bulls, mainly because I don't like why they are bred.

That is also my list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:11 pm

Stunning from Papo! cheers I guess the Cerberus could be seen as a dog! Very Happy Very similar to the last Schleich one! study
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:14 pm

Every collector can use these models how they wish, but for me those are NOT red wolves. They are red colored wolves, not the actual species. Too heavy coated for a warm climate species and not the right physical build either. Red wolves look more similar to coyotes than your average gray wolf of any subspecies/type.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:22 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Every collector can use these models how they wish, but for me those are NOT red wolves. They are red colored wolves, not the actual species. Too heavy coated for a warm climate species and not the right physical build either. Red wolves look more similar to coyotes than your average gray wolf of any subspecies/type.

I am not the most indicated person to comment about colors but I think Papo tried to represent the tawny color of the Eurasian wolf the largest and commonest in Europe.

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:36 pm

Arctinus wrote:
Since they made the robin last year, I'm kind of assuming it's either going to be a great tit or blue tit. Both are very common here (Slovenia), but the great tit is more popular/known. Very Happy Either would be great for me.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Lately Papo is putting effort in an almost empty niche from other brands: very well done birds, especially European ones as to be expected by a French brand.

This new wolf have a strong "deja-vu" of the previous year golden jackal from same brand. It have clearly the same style and I even wondered if it's the same figure with some strong customization (more fur added). Certainly it seems to have been sculpted by same artist. Anyway, it looks better than many previous wolves by other brands. Maybe it end in my shelves as the representative of the species.

For those that are still doubting, the snail is very obviously Cepaea nemoralis (tough the species should have a more smooth shell). I wonder if it's not just a repaint of the previous year edible snail (Helix pomatia), the body looks exactly the same.

The arthropods are very detailed and well done, but not my collecting subject as they are always too big for my taste. I like insects that fit sizewise with larger animals, even if not very precisely.

Common dolphin is tempting, as I'm a cetacean fan, but I may still pursue the very good Maia & Borges one.

The leopard shark is better than the Safari one, at least in paintjob (in the promo picture! we all known that real figures tend to be much worst than promos). But of course I will never substitute what is the first figure of my collection, the start of all so the most meaningful animal for me.

I already have the okapi and leatherback turtle. Re-releases make me a bit mad because this way I stop having retired rarities in my collection haha

And by last: Ouch, they really did a stag beetle with the head UPSIDE-DOWN? It's very obvious in mandibles, but after a second analysis I noticed that is the whole head... I imagine they did the animal by pieces and just put the head upside down before making the mould for the beetle, but how is possible that the Papo staff didn't noticed?

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:49 pm

Roger wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I am not the most indicated person to comment about colors but I think Papo tried to represent the tawny color of the Eurasian wolf the largest and commonest in Europe.
That is what I would say it is, a tawny red/blonde coated wolf and not the actual species red wolf...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 10:06 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Roger wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

That is what I would say it is, a tawny red/blonde coated wolf and not the actual species red wolf...

Thanks, that's good enough for me :). I'll probably pass then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next