Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases

Go down 
+38
LukaLeon085
Loon
Tyrannotitan1984
Gecko08
Stripedhyena
Caracal
Numa
Birdsage
Shanti
NightLioness
Fossa
Ana
EpicRaptorMan
WhiteLightning Wolf
Sergey
Loustic
jarda
arafan
Megaptera
Bonnie
SeanieP
Bloodrayne
widukind
Kikimalou
George
Arctinus
Pardofelis
endogenylove
Joliezac
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
bmathison1972
Michelle
lucky luke
spacelab
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 10:11 pm

Great to see the pictures and some really nice models especially the birds
Like the Spanish bulls but the horses are a bit of a disappointment compared to Papo horses in the past.The red wolves look like a nice colour variant.

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 10:20 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Roger wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Every collector can use these models how they wish, but for me those are NOT red wolves. They are red colored wolves, not the actual species. Too heavy coated for a warm climate species and not the right physical build either. Red wolves look more similar to coyotes than your average gray wolf of any subspecies/type.

I am not the most indicated person to comment about colors but I think Papo tried to represent the tawny color of the Eurasian wolf the largest and commonest in Europe.
That is what I would say it is, a tawny red/blonde coated wolf and not the actual species red wolf...

I guess it would be the red/tawny variation of the Eurasian grey wolf, like in the below image, I would imagine. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry, don't know how to minimise the image. :d
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 10:37 pm

I like the new wolf colors. If the species doesn't exist, then i use them as a future species. ^^

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 pm

possible IDs for the crustaceans:

1. shrimp: this might just be the common commercial species Panaeus monodon (same species made by AAA)
2. hermit crabs: this is more challenging, but Clibanarius erythropus and Dardanus arrosor are two Mediterranean species that might work for this figure
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Very much in love with the new wolf and all the birds. Must note tho, (and I'm actually surprised no one caught on) but the wolf pup is also a re-release, it's just in different colors. Wink

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 11:14 pm

I've been trying to find a positive ID match for the hummingbird, but it's difficult. My best guesses at the moment are the Blue-Headed Hummingbird (Riccordia bicolor) or the Turquoise-Crowned Hummingbird (Cynanthus doubledayi). If anyone has a better guess, go for it.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 11:18 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Very much in love with the new wolf and all the birds. Must note tho, (and I'm actually surprised no one caught on) but the wolf pup is also a re-release, it's just in different colors. Wink
Yup, repaint of this pup.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Not my favorite pup scuplt...)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 11:18 pm

endogenylove wrote:
I've been trying to find a positive ID match for the hummingbird, but it's difficult. My best guesses at the moment are the Blue-Headed Hummingbird (Riccordia bicolor) or the Turquoise-Crowned Hummingbird (Cynanthus doubledayi). If anyone has a better guess, go for it.

On ATF I proposed 1) blue-chested hummingbird (Polyerata amabilis) and 2) sapphire-throated hummingbird (Chrysuronia coeruleogularis), favoring the former over the latter.

Have to admit, I like your idea of R. bicolor. Apparently, C. doubledayi has a red beak.
Back to top Go down
EpicRaptorMan

EpicRaptorMan

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:36 am

Spoonbill, Hummingbird, Sea Eagle are all 👍

The Common Dolphin and Wolf (assuming Red Wolf?) is a maybe for me.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 7:22 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Yup, repaint of this pup.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Not my favorite pup scuplt...)

Not only the Pup, I guess the snail is a repaint too, like the dart frogs...

bmathison1972 wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

On ATF I proposed  1) blue-chested hummingbird (Polyerata amabilis) and 2) sapphire-throated hummingbird (Chrysuronia coeruleogularis), favoring the former over the latter.

Have to admit, I like your idea of R. bicolor. Apparently, C. doubledayi has a red beak.

Riccordia bicolor seems the best choice for me.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 9:30 am

The new birds are wonderful 💚 but I'm sad for the lack of new dogs or cats 😌

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fossa

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Beautiful spoonbill, nice wolf, nice leopard shark.

Atrocious protoceratops. What the hell are they doing with their prehistoric line?.

edit: oh, and apparently i scrolled passed the fishing eagle before the pic loaded... really nice!!.

Last edited by Fossa on Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 1:13 pm

I'm in love with the magpie, finally an other Corvid!!!

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 1:28 pm

Nice new animals by Papo!! Wouldn't get the horses but the bulls are nice. And the wolf maybe but the Charolais, aren't they older/discontinued models??
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:49 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Riccordia bicolor seems the best choice for me.

I am thinking so too more and more.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Shanti wrote:
the Charolais, aren't they older/discontinued models??

Yes, these are not new, just released again.

I also found out that the wild piglet is the same model as the 2010, just pulled out of the base. So, this is not new either.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 pm

spacelab wrote:
Shanti wrote:

I also found out that the wild piglet is the same model as the 2010, just pulled out of the base. So, this is not new either.

That's why it looked so familiar! I could have sworn I'd seen it somewhere else, makes sense. I don't have the two piglets on the base and I don't like bases anyways so I'll happily acquire this figure Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:45 pm

spacelab wrote:
Shanti wrote:

Well, it is a bit like the repainted models, not excatly the same than the previous model.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:48 pm

What do you mean Christophe?  I also believe that the dolphin is a repainted version of the 56003 (bottlenose?) Dolphin from 2008.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks, I forgot to say that I really dislike the Lusitano. It is one of the most beautiful breeds of the world and my expectations are always huge. I think it is the most disappointing figure considering my collecting interests.

I don't think Papo horse sculpts are ever very handsome, regardless of breed - they always look very bulky, oddly put together, and proportioned all wrong. This is why I collect their donkeys but not their horses Laughing

Pardofelis wrote:
Ouch, they really did a stag beetle with the head UPSIDE-DOWN? It's very obvious in mandibles, but after a second analysis I noticed that is the whole head... I imagine they did the animal by pieces and just put the head upside down before making the mould for the beetle, but how is possible that the Papo staff didn't noticed?

I wonder if this could be corrected by decapitating the beetle and reattaching the head the right way up? Might need some filler and paint rather than a straightforward gluing job, but it'd be kind of fun to see a collector rescue this poor creature from the mistake!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:55 pm

spacelab wrote:
What do you mean Christophe?  I also believe that the dolphin is a repainted version of the 56003 (bottlenose?) Dolphin from 2008.

I mean some are just "realized again" models like the Cape buffalo, some are repainted like the wolf pup, or repainted as a series like the new snail which follow the dart frogs path. For the Wild piglet it isn't exactly a "realized again" and more a "strongly inspired" one.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:59 pm

kikimalou wrote:
For the Wild piglet it isn't exactly a "realized again" and more a "strongly inspired" one.

They didn't even change the stock photo, just some photoshop to erase the base and the other pig...

2008 photo

2021 photo
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Indeed but it is not exactly the same thing, only one piglet now without a base
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 6:07 pm

This is what I wrote, they just took a piglet out of its base and didn't even bother to make a new photo out of it. Very lazy.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 6:17 pm

scratch  I never say you wrote anything else Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next