Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals

Go down 
+12
smallscaleworld
widukind
Taos
Felicata
sunny
Ana
SUSANNE
costicuba
Roger
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 4:20 am

sunny is absolutly right

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 3:27 pm

sunny wrote:

so exciting to see all the many colours used! I love so many of them, it's hard to choose my favourite!

and it's wonderful to see actually how big these dogs really are, sitting on your hands here! Thanks for showing this, because in the photos they actually look quite tiny, I was thinking even 1/32nd scale

Not my hands Smile A large collection of colored dogs is not mine.  I read the fairy tale about the Chicken, thank you.  The characters are similar.  Until I found a Lego brick to compare, so I took a Britains buffalo and a dog.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2030

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2029

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2031

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2032

elk  73 x 60 mm
borzoi (largest of the set)   48 x 42 mm
dachshund (smallest) 36 x 12 mm
rabbit  24 x 24 mm

I did not have time to correct the translation to the label, not a Greyhound, but a
Russkaya psovaya borzaya (borzoi, Russian hunting sighthound).
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 4:56 pm

Roger wrote:
The story around the Tambov figures is very interesting
Thank you.

A few more figurines from Tambov

Animals from the fairy tale "The Gray Neck" (author of the story D. Mamin-Sibiryak, 1893, the story became especially popular after the animated film of 1948-. Figurines of the 80s, there is also a hunter in the set (in the story his name is Akintich Акинтич, in versions for children and in  It's hard to find a whole set: first the hunter loses his gun, then he gets lost himself. A hare and a duck are more common, but the fox is the most popular in this set. In the story, she is bad, but the figure is so smooth and alive that many people keep it  still.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2033
The second fox from the "Swing" toy, at the other end was a bear.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Sam_4911
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:20 pm

A dog from the "Red Pathfinders" set (4 figures: a Red Army man, a boy, a nurse and a dog).  The dog is not a service breed, but she is clearly looking for something.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 3_sam_11

Complete set up for auction
https://auction.ru/offer/nabor_junye_sledopyty_kolkij_plastik_sssr-i137343671820409.html

Other figurines.  The leopard and deer stood on intricate stands.  In various combinations, a circus pig (plus a pig, a dog and a clown) or a farmer's ("Metochion horse": sheep, cow).  I don't know anything about the pelican.  The figurine is rare.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Sam_3410

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Sam_6910

I also met a circus dog made of rubber.  I don't know the manufacturer.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2034
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:26 pm

Two sets with dogs.  The first one was popular, many figurines are well preserved.  Dogs from the second come across very rarely.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 0_1_sa10

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 3_sam_12

In the second set, my setter was repeated, perhaps there is a fifth dog.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 0_2_2010

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 3_dsc010
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:32 pm

Felicata wrote:
sunny wrote:

so exciting to see all the many colours used! I love so many of them, it's hard to choose my favourite!

and it's wonderful to see actually how big these dogs really are, sitting on your hands here! Thanks for showing this, because in the photos they actually look quite tiny, I was thinking even 1/32nd scale

Not my hands  Smile A large collection of colored dogs is not mine.  I read the fairy tale about the Chicken, thank you.  The characters are similar.  Until I found a Lego brick to compare, so I took a Britains buffalo and a dog.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2030

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2029

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2031

elk  73 x 60 mm
borzoi (largest of the set)   48 x 42 mm
dachshund (smallest) 36 x 12 mm
rabbit  24 x 24 mm

I did not have time to correct the translation to the label, not a Greyhound, but a
Russkaya psovaya borzaya (borzoi, Russian hunting sighthound).

thank you for the sizes, the rabbit is rather large then, same size as the Britains sheepdog.
The red moose if a perfect size, thanks for the photos!
and yes, I recognized the shape of the tall slim dog as a borzoi :) I've always loved these elegant dogs
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 6:00 pm

A poodle named Artemon from a set based on the fairy tale "Buratino, or the Golden Key" (the version of "Pinocchio" by Carlo Collodi, invented in 1936 by Alexei Tolstoy).  He renamed the poodle Medoro into Artemon (probably after the name of the dog Arto - "White Poodle", a story by Kuprin).  In our country, any poodles are called Artemons in any age, especially if they have beautiful haircuts.  In "Buratino" the poodle is "ink-colored", but toy Artemons were produced in all colors.  Now on sale any vintage figurine is signed "Artemon", but this is wrong.  
The real one is identified as follows:
1. Poodle in the Buratino set.
2. The poodle's label says "Artemon".
3. The poodle is dressed up in bows and wears a watch on his left paw.  Medoro had silk pantaloons, Artemon wears stylish trousers.

The first dog was black and tan, fantom, which is still not recognized by the FCI for a poodle.  Where did fantom come from in the USSR?  Is this a joke, the poodle was painted like a Rottweiler?  Or someone actually saw this (pedigreed or mestizo).  Most likely, only such paints remained in the workshop.  More often the dogs of this set are white or cream.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 0_202010

Solid - heavy and early.  Empty later.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 1_2_sa10

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 4_5_sa10

More real Artemons
Board game chip "Buratino"
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 2_sam_11

Artemon from rubber set
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Sam_2611

Figurines 1994 (year of the Dog).  Since the blue dog is Pluto, then the yellow one is a character, has a specific name.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2035
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 6:28 pm

Poodles, but not Artemons

Probably produced by "Krugozor", Moscow
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Img_2036

Production "PO Plastics", 80-s.  On the label it's just "pendant dog", even without the breed.  But the catalog says "Poodle".  Scan from the net (I can't specify the source, but such an interesting picture, you should see it).  Caption: sketches of toys for the theater Grandfather Durov's Corner.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 5_1_sa10

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 0_vxah12

Poodle Funtik (Фунтик), factory "Ogonyok" ("Огонек'), Moscow, 1988. Price 80 kopecks.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Sam_7410

Poodle Markiz (Маркиз, Marquis), factory "Ogonyok" ("Огонек'), Moscow, 1988. Price 80 kopecks. On the right, perhaps, the production of the Dnepropetrovsk rubber plant, years later. The paint of the Marquis from "Ogonyok" flies around, he and the lapdog Zhu-Zhu suffer from this disease, the rest of the toys of this factory are painted well and reliably.  The blue poodle paints well.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Sam_8811

I don't know anything about these, just speculation.  I have questions about the Continental haircut.  Either this dog is a copy of a foreign one, or it was released much later.  Or...
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Sam_7411
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 7:16 pm

sunny wrote:

thank you for the sizes, the rabbit is rather large then, same size as the Britains sheepdog.
The red moose if a perfect size, thanks for the photos!
and yes, I recognized the shape of the tall slim dog as a borzoi :) I've always loved these elegant dogs
This rabbit is not only the size of a sheepdog, but also almost half of the tiger and dragon from the same set with him.  In models of cars and in soldiers everything was strict, but in animals the scale was free.  For the convenience of the game or production may have been violated.
Savelyev did not make more such figurines as an ox and an elk.  About the horns: yes, they can be placed at different angles or directed forward, like a tour, but they are easily removed and instantly lost.

sunny wrote:

Smile  It is wonderful.  I correct some of my mistakes and immediately make new ones.  Either autocorrect is to blame, or my haste and inattention.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 6:21 am

cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 6:31 pm

Those foxes are extremely cute!
It is all really precious and it would be nice to see a little community of Russian collectors sharing all these informations as you're doing.

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 4:51 am

Roger wrote:

It is all really precious and it would be nice to see a little community of Russian collectors sharing all these informations as you're doing.
Thank you. I sent the invitation, and I will write more. Several other collectors looked at this topic and gave me advice. There are types and styles of figurines that I want to talk about. But it won't work quickly.
I promised to show Savelyev's zoos, but not all of my figurines are intact and new information has appeared. I suggest you wait for the experts.
And I will show you some more figures in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 6:44 am

Felicata wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you.  I sent the invitation, and I will write more.  Several other collectors looked at this topic and gave me advice.  There are types and styles of figurines that I want to talk about.  But it won't work quickly.
I promised to show Savelyev's zoos, but not all of my figurines are intact and new information has appeared.  I suggest you wait for the experts.
And I will show you some more figures in the near future.

Wonderful, those are really good news. One of the good things of a forum is that we always have time to revive discussions and subjects while on social media everything gets forgoten in a very short time.
Take all the time you need and thanks again for providing us so interesting informations.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 6:47 am

bounce bounce bounce

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 8:18 pm

This information is fantastic . I have acquired sets before only in green color but find it is almost impossible to locate the identification and background information of these early toys made in Russia. Thank You so much for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5