Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals

Go down 
+12
smallscaleworld
widukind
Taos
Felicata
sunny
Ana
SUSANNE
costicuba
Roger
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Felicata

Felicata

Country/State : Russia

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 12:39 pm

Wild birds.  Perhaps they were sold one by one or four.  There are colored and plain (green, cream).  They don't seem to pair well, but I'm not sure who she is in one.  A separate species of bird or a female western capercaillie or black grouse?
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc06610
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Img_2020

A separate species of bird or a female western capercaillie or black grouse?
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc06611
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc06612
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc06613
There is a pelican. With a damaged beak, unfortunately
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_8110
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 1:27 pm

Figures from the set "Railway (ring road). "Орленок" (Moskovskiy zavod igrushek "Orlyonok", Moscow toy factory "Eaglet"). Preserved in the homes of many people.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_8611
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_8613

And I’ll show you the figures, although they should be put aside in flat ones.  But they are the same in popularity and frequency of occurrence as from the railway.  Together with them, cars were produced, this series can be called "along the highway."  One set "Pets and birds", price 75 kopecks: dog, pig, rooster, chicken, cat, goose.  The second "Animal Farm": a house, a tree, three benches, a cow, a ram.  
"Vologodskaya fabrika igrushek" (Vologda Toy Factory)
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc00111

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Img_2021
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 1:44 pm

Felicata wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:

...And the sculpture... it's perfect. What a pose! I wish some brand today would make a hyena with such a characterful and expressionistic pose!
This is a unique Vatagin, he was also one of a kind.  He did a lot for museums, zoos, and books, but he didn't make toys.

I'll show you a miniature pelican.  These birds used to and saw ordinary toys, flamingos don't seem to exist, I can't remember.  Antelopes are flat from Savelyev.

Are you talking about wildebeest from here?
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Uosdl210
photo by L. Lapshin
https://vk.com/wall-110628915_6395

Yes, I was referring to this wildebeest. This set is beautiful and very curious, both for the material and for the origin or inspiration in other brands of the molds for the rhino (Lineol) and the zebra (Friedel).
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 2:02 pm

"Farm".  ООО "Черноморская игрушка" ("Chernomorskaya igrushka", Odessa production association "Chernomorskaya toy").  The price is 4 rubles.  Most likely, the set is a copy or a variant of the set from Germany.  If anyone knows the prototype or original, please let me know.  My set is missing the roof of the tower, the stickers on the doors and the well.  Animal faces are the keys to the doors, each with its own shape.  They are multi-colored (rare) and gray (dark or light).  If the house was not in the set from the very beginning (only animals were sold), then the figures are intact.  If the set was complete, everyone's faces were damaged.  But houses, most likely, were released a little, so you can find whole figures.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc00212

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Img_2022

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc00213

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc08810

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Img_2023
It seems to me that someone posted here on the forum such a Hong Kong-made pig.  I would like to know about the first one.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Img_2025
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 2:47 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
This set is beautiful and very curious, both for the material and for the origin or inspiration in other brands of the molds for the rhino (Lineol) and the zebra (Friedel).
I didn't know about the zebra, only about the rhino, thanks.  This kit was too expensive (almost five rubles), and I did not beg my father to buy it for me.  Just the foam plastic upset us.  I then bought lions from discounted goods, gave 80 kopecks (0.8 rubles).  The zebra and the wildebeest have recently fallen into my hands, but the rhinoceros is still missing.  It's still expensive, like The Farm.

Here on the forum in this thread there are prehistoric animals that we can't find here.  Mammoth, woolly rhinoceros and bear.
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t15449-animal-models-from-extruded-polystyrene now I saw a message about a zebra Friedel there.

Sets "Zoo" and "Home animals" sold for a long time.  Author - B. D. Savelyev.
"Осташевская фабрика игрушек" (Ostashevskaya fabrika igrushek, Ostashkovo, Moskovskaya oblast. Price 4 rubles 60 kopecks
Zoo:

Domestic:
https://vk.com/wall-110628915_6484

price 3 rubles 50 kopecks

Foto L. Lapshin
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Ro0ovz10
My sheep
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_8510
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 4:26 pm

They are very interesting, I have the Zoo set.
Yes, I wrote about the Friedel zebra (In addition, the value of Friedel's zebra is that it is the only composition figure of a grazing zebra in existence).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 6:27 pm

Some are little toyish - but some are really interesting stuff. Nice to see any of the russian figures.

And i believe these figures are also not so famous in Russia. I visited a exhibition about russian toys and figures , i got links from a russian member and i know a russian collection. But i have never seen these figures before.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 3:05 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
In addition, the value of Friedel's zebra is that it is the only composition figure of a grazing zebra in existence.
Please show me a photo of Friedel's grazing zebra or a link? Very interesting, but I can't find it. On TAW I see only another animal.
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 3:13 pm

widukind wrote:
Some are little toyish - but some are really interesting stuff. Nice to see any of the russian figures.

And i believe these figures are also not so famous in Russia. I visited a exhibition about russian toys and figures , i got links from a russian member and i know a russian collection. But i have never seen these figures before.
Perhaps that is why these figures were not shown, they are too toy. Either our collectors do not collect these sets, or they do not consider them worthy of display. Wrong style, wrong type. Or they wait until they have a complete set in their collection, and all the figures are in excellent condition. And I show the big picture (and not all). Different factories, different materials.
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:10 pm

Several figurines produced by LTP-1.  Tambov Region.  The medical-labor dispensary (LTP) in the USSR is a medical correctional institution, compulsory treatment for alcoholism.  Place of restriction of freedom.  The method of treatment is forced labor.  Not a prison, but temporary isolation.
Set "Zoo".  10 figurines and a fence.  70s - late 80s, possibly early 90s.
The first figurines are heavy and more interestingly colored.  The later ones do not sink in water, they are more primitive in color and shape.  Late kangaroos and peacocks have coasters.  It is difficult to find a deer and a giraffe with intact antlers.  
Some collectors collect by colors and shades, it looks very beautiful.  Material - plastic, from afar it looks like porcelain.  Smooth, pleasant to hold.  It may break, but when falling from the height of the table, the main figure is preserved.

I have few coloring options, I was looking for different shapes
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_0810

Figures from early editions
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_0811

Figures from later (example).  These are not two specific sets, each picture may contain figurines of different years.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_6510
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:19 pm

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_0715

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Img_2026

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_6511

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_6512

A red peacock without feathers on its head (broken off), similar to a worm - a late version.  You can see it in the first photo.  Blue peacocks - an early version.  Blue with no paint on the back is part of the decorative art.  Three peacocks with their tails at one point and their heads outward served as a stand for the box.  Like three elephants that hold the earth.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_8710
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:19 pm

Felicata wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:
In addition, the value of Friedel's zebra is that it is the only composition figure of a grazing zebra in existence.
Please show me a photo of Friedel's grazing zebra or a link?  Very interesting, but I can't find it.  On TAW I see only another animal.

Unfortunately I don't have an image to show you right now, but when I find it I will add it to this post =)
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:36 pm

Dogs from the set based on the folk tale "Turnip" ("Репка", "Repka").  This is a fairy tale for the youngest children, the dog's name is Zhuchka (Жучка).  I need to somehow justify the display of absolutely childish toys, so I will add serious information.  The Zhuchka is a popular nickname for yard dogs, it was once called black animals.  Black as a bug (insect bug - жук,  pronounced  zhuck).  So the only correct dog in the picture on the left.  But for so long, any outbred or stray dogs have been called, and light-colored toys look nicer.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc07610
The dog is in such poses because it is pulling a cat, which is pulling a mouse, which is pulling a giant turnip out of the ground.
Back to top Go down
Felicata

Felicata

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:40 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have an image to show you right now, but when I find it I will add it to this post =)
Thanks! I collect information about what figurines, toys, figurines or images were the basis for creating those made by us.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 9:07 pm

I really am enjoying all these informations about Russian figures. We're lucky you joined us.
The story around the Tambov figures is very interesting and the Zhuchka are really funny, I need to check that tale.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 9:42 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:10 am

Felicata wrote:
Wild birds.  Perhaps they were sold one by one or four.  There are colored and plain (green, cream).  They don't seem to pair well, but I'm not sure who she is in one.  A separate species of bird or a female western capercaillie or black grouse?
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc06610

A separate species of bird or a female western capercaillie or black grouse?
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc06611

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Dsc06613

These are very nice figures! I really like the Russian style, and there is a lot of fine details in some of them.

I really love the little goose with the red hat, it's very cute.

The black grouse looks like it is at the lek. It seems to be an accurate portrayal of the figure, and very appealing.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:13 am

Felicata wrote:

A red peacock without feathers on its head (broken off), similar to a worm - a late version.  You can see it in the first photo.  Blue peacocks - an early version.  Blue with no paint on the back is part of the decorative art.  Three peacocks with their tails at one point and their heads outward served as a stand for the box.  Like three elephants that hold the earth.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_8710

such a simplistic but beautifully shaped peacock figure. They all look very nice!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:17 am

Felicata wrote:
Thank you for your interest!  I think these figures are not quite in the format of TAW, but that was the style.  It was believed that the animal should not repeat the present, and the child should imagine what he needs.  Artists solved this problem in their own way.

Yes, the ostrich was most likely needed to name the set "Zoo".  Later I will show the older "brother" of this ostrich.

There are mysteries about dogs to which I have no answer.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 20969510
Label: Dachshund, Pointer, Setter, Fox Terrier, Scotch Terrier, Kerry Blue Terrier, Greyhound, Laika.
Author's drafts (from a book about him)

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sn4td910
Laika standard (any of the 4 breeds in the USSR at that time):
EARS: Pricked, mobile, V-shaped with pointed or slightly rounded tips. Ears set wide, in line with the eyes. Ear-lobes are developed slightly.
On all the pictures and on the label, the ears are pretty, what happened to the figurine?  Her ears stick out to the sides, like a sheep's.Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_2811
Savelyev was always accurate in flying, otherwise he could not create everyone's favorite soldiers, what happened here?

it's so interesting to see the artist's sketches for the sculpts! how unique, and including some fun ones too.

I like the shape of Laika with the beautiful curly tail!

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:21 am

Felicata wrote:
The dogs came out in different colors.  Collection of dogs, including rare shades, by Yulia Shvetsova (Moscow)
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 4029_911
It seems that the rubber is not painted, but it is her color.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 4302_911

so exciting to see all the many colours used! I love so many of them, it's hard to choose my favourite!

and it's wonderful to see actually how big these dogs really are, sitting on your hands here! Thanks for showing this, because in the photos they actually look quite tiny, I was thinking even 1/32nd scale
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:24 am

Felicata wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:

...And the sculpture... it's perfect. What a pose! I wish some brand today would make a hyena with such a characterful and expressionistic pose!
This is a unique Vatagin, he was also one of a kind.  He did a lot for museums, zoos, and books, but he didn't make toys.

I'll show you a miniature pelican.  These birds used to and saw ordinary toys, flamingos don't seem to exist, I can't remember.  Antelopes are flat from Savelyev.

Are you talking about wildebeest from here?
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Uosdl210
photo by L. Lapshin

these figures are amazing beautiful! they look ethereal with their soft smooth bodies and light paintwork. Such delicacies! truly works of art Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:26 am

Felicata wrote:
Set "Poultry". It comes in plastic and rubber. 80s.
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_4211

I really LOVE all these different Russian figurines in this thread, and look how wonderful and strange the detailing around the eyes is, in these cute little birds! They all remind me of the story of Chicken Little Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:32 am

Felicata wrote:
"Animal figurines" (Horoscope/Oriental calendar).  "Malysh".  Author B. D. Savelyev, late 80s - early 90s.  12 figures, each corresponds to the sign of the Eastern calendar.
photos from private collections and from the book
price 1 ruble 10 kopecks
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_1911

just gorgeous! by any chance @Felicata can you take a photo of the hare if you get some time ?
I really love how beautiful it is I love you
it looks so small as well
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:37 am

Felicata wrote:
"Ox", 1987, "Malysh", author B. D. Savelyev, price 20 kopecks. My yellow ox has no horns.
 The rhinoceros from the "Africa" ​​set resembles the Lineol rhinoceros, and the ox looks like the female Britains buffalo.

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Img_2017

just wonderful buffalos/ox here, and how amazingly novel to have the horns slip thru a hole! You can even angle them exactly as you want them I think ?

I just can't stop posting all about the beautiful figurines here that have caught my eye!! великолепный !
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:39 am

Felicata wrote:
Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Sam_0710

"Moose Family", 1987, "Malysh", author B. D. Savelyev

and these moose are Superb!! how flowing their movement is, and their details, I just love them Very Happy
are these 1/32nd scale ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals   Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in CCCP: A blue savannah and other rubber animals
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next