Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue 25 Jan 2022, 23:41

Today I received the last two 2021 figures from Papo that I wanted cheers The young smilodon and lobster! Here is a walkaround of the smilodon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The thing I like the most about this model is probably the size. I hoped that it would be between the adult Safari smilodon and cub, which it is  cheers

I'll admit that I am a little disappointed in the paintwork. the stomach is painted nice with fur texture but the rest of the body looks a little dull. Also the claws aren't even panted. Only the pads on the bottom of the feet. I think the face could have been painted a little better as well. I know Papo's figures rarely look like their stock photos, but this year their birds and other wild life figures were painted with so much detail that I thought this smilodon would be the same.

I don't know much about anatomy but I feel like the head of this figure is too large for its body. That being said I do like all the folds of skin and the pose of the model. Doesn't come close to my Safaris but I love the size of this guy and I'm a fan of plain coloration rather than spots  cheers

Here with the rest of my smilodon pack

With the Safari cub

With the Safari adult

With CollectA's

Mojo

Then finally the adult Papo smilodon

Now that I finally have all the 2021 Papo releases I wanted, I can't wait to see their 2022 figures when they come out  cheers  Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022, 01:07

Nice figure, except for the eyes. Worse than Schleich's Ragdoll. Has he seen a ghost? affraid

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022, 01:28

When I first saw it I immediately thought of a jester/clown Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed 26 Jan 2022, 01:28

The idea of a juvenile is good because we can see clearly it is a smilodon and it puts also this model in a lower price range.
Papo works with different factories, I am convinced the smilodon is not from the same factory of the Papo birds even if it much probably reads Made in P.R.C.
This is more an artistic than a scientific approach, the style reminds me the newer lioness but he has a bad guy appearance with all those muscles, eyes and pose. Interesting model, thanks for sharing! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 Papo Young Smilodon Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1