Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Aschuck's finds!

Go down 
+3
widukind
landrover
Roger
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: More collection news   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 1:44 am

Dear Landrover,

Thanks for writing me, and I hope your collection does well too. Today, I received several lego sets, in which I found a bunch of parts for my lego collection. And I guess, this is ll the new additions news I have for now, but if anything else changes, I'll keep you all informed.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Animal collections and dressers   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 4:35 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, no news fro the land of new additions, but there is an interesting development in the displaying of my collection. This interesting development is more of an idea right now. The idea is to store and display my collection in a big dresser, you know, the kind of piece of furniture normally used for clothes. Hey, does anyone else actually do this with their own collections? Just wondering, because I think it's brilliant. I mean the idea. Anyway, no real news from the new additions side, so if anything changes, I'll post here again.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:22 pm

Do you mean a dresser with drawers? If you are happy to put your figures flat, then that would work, but if you prefer them to stand up, they would probably fall over when you open the drawer. Thin drawers would be best, then you can put many figures in them.

aschuck

PostSubject: The dresser idea   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 8:19 pm

Yes, I meant a dresser with drawers. Keep in mind, though, that right now, this whole thing is still an idea. We haven't started looking for second-hand dressers yet.

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More news regarding Schleich 2024   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 8:36 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I just wanted to write and tell you that in a few weeks, I'll be placing an order with the Schleich website. Also, hopefully I'll be going to Michaels this week, so in short, more new additions coming soon. Anyway, this is all the news I have for now, so if anything changes, I'll post here again.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: News from bricks and minifigs   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 6:44 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi guys, well, I went to the little local lego store, and purchased several collectible minifigures for my collection. Right now, I'm not sure if I'll get to Michaels this week, but next week is definitely going to be fun, on account of a certain Schleich order being placed soon. Anyway, this is all the news I have for now, so if anything changes, I'll post here again.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Lego and schleich news   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:08 am

Hi guys,

Well, I didn't get to Michaels this week, so maybe I'll go next week. In the meantime, I've gotten a bunch of parts for my lego collection. Also, I'll be placing a Schleich order next week, so there should be some model news in the future. The current total in my collection is still at 2093, but that could change soon. And I guess this is all the news I have for now. Well, if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: A little dilemma   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 4:46 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi guys, hey, I have a question: when counting models in a collection, like mine for exaample, well, when it comes to themed toobs, should I count the models in these that I keep? For example, if I get the trees toob, then should I count those too? You see, this whole counting models thingy can be very comfusing. Anyway, if you could help out with this dilemma, that would be great. Right now, I have about 50 uncategorized toob models.

Thanks for your input,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 10:08 am

Sure you should count them, Anna! Those are models too. Most accessories should be counted as pieces and they often are not part of the main countdown, though, trees are living beings and those of the TOOB are not decorative vegetation, they represent exact species.
That's just an opinion since you asked, though, there are no rules, each collector counts according to his own personal choices. I don't even count my figures.

aschuck

PostSubject: Thank you for the advice   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 4:23 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, first, I must say, thank you Roger for the advice. I knew this whole counting thing would be fixed at some point. So, since these 50 other models are now being counted, the real total of my collection is now 2143, and rising. Also, I'm going to michaels today, so that should bring in more models. Anyway, if I have any more news, I'll post it here.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The trees toob found   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 9:07 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

I went to Michaels today, and purchased the trees toob. This is the only new additions news I have. The current total of my collection is 2152, and rising. If anything else changes, I'll post here again.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Toymany info   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 9:18 pm

Dear Roger and others:

Hey, when counting models, should I count the Papo treasure chest in my accessories category? Just wondering. Also, I've heard about this new brand Toymany. Does anyone have info about this? Because I'm thinking of collecting this brand, and I don't know where to start. Your help would be much appreciated. No news about new additions in this post, but that could change. If there is any news, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 9:37 pm

Anna, about the treasure chest it is a tough question. It is a product with its own number and not exactly an accessory. I will let the decision up to you but I tend to think it should be counted.
About Toymany, you have some figures which are knockoffs which are not of interest to you since they copy the shape of other figures you probably already have.
There are minis and standard sized figures which are not copies of known models and those are the ones everyone on forum is buying. They are as interesting as the figures from the "famous" brands, Schleich or Papo, for instance. There are also a few models that are hollow, namely a dog set and despite looking decent, the latter might feel cheap to you.
If you like kangaroos and koalas, I recomend this set to you. Figures are very realistic and they feature different poses. From a lying kangaroo to a sleeping koala. It also contains a kind of tree (a trunk with a few branches) where you can hang the koala figures if you want.
I suspect penguins are boring to you because they're much alike but I will get the set and I can give you any information you want. Those also feature loads of different poses and species.

aschuck

PostSubject: Thanks for the info   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 11:21 pm

Dear Roger,

Yes, I am interested in just the Toymany sets, for now. I'm also interested in the set with kangaroos, and the one with the penguins. Are there any other sets which would be interesting? Also, where can I buy these? Well, if you have any info about these, let me know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Other toymany ifo   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 3:51 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, tonight I was doing some research about Toymany, and guess what? They (toymany that is), made life cycle sets. This is good news for my collection, at least for now. So here is a sort of peek at the life cycle sets that I saw:

The list:

Note: all the sets listed are made by toymany.

Life Cycles of the following animals:

Chicken, cicada, dragonfly, duck, earthworm, frog, goose, honey bee, ladybug, monarch butterfly, sea turtle, snail stag beetle, and white swan.

There might be more, but this is all I could find for now.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Toymany penguin set   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 6:53 am

Dear Roger and others,

Hey, can you describe the Toymany penguin set to me? What are the similarities and or differences between that set and the Penguins toob by safari? Is this set by Toymany high quality, as in would it fit right in with my other figures? Just wondering about all of this, because I'm planning on getting this set soon.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More research   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:04 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've done some more research, and I've found a brand which seems very similar to Toymany. The brand is called Fantarea. If anyone is familiar with this brand, let me know. I'd especially like to know how high quality Fantarea is. Are their figures aas high quality as the other brands? Just wondering. Anyway, if anyone has info, please let me know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:37 am

Sure Anna,
First, Toymany penguins are larger than Safari Toob figures.
They are sized more like the standard Wild Safari penguin figures.
Toymany models are more realistic, it means, they look more like the real animal when compared with the tube figures.
Toymany set includes 12 different figures of 10 different species. ten adultes and two chics.
Check below the list and short description of the poses:
- Adélie penguin, standing with wings open,
- African penguin, figure is leaning forward with the wings pointing forward like it is just ready to dive;
- Chinstrap penguin, the figure is resting on its belly with the legs folded below it, similar to a gliding pose without the stretched legs;
- Emperor penguin, it is walking in a vertical posture with the wings along the body;
- Emperor penguin chick, it is standing with the right wing open;
- Erect crested penguin, it is just standing;
- Gentoo penguin, This is in an interesting posture, with the body bent forward and looking down as if on the edge of the water, ready to catch a fish or even dive;
- King penguin, standing proudly;
- King penguin chick, standing but that's a chick which was never made before as far as I know;
- Little blue penguin, leaning slightly forward in a pose similar to a songbird;
- Macaroni penguin, It is standing, with legs slightly apart, wings slightly raised, and looking to the left;
- Yellow-eyed penguin, it is in a calling pose, with wings open and its beak pointing upward.

For those hwo are interested, here is a very interesting topic from Jolie about the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and also the page on Toy Animal Wiki.

aschuck

PostSubject: Your descriptions   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am

Dear Roger,

Hey, your descriptions are great, and I think I'll buy this set for sure now. The question is where? Oh well, maybe Amazon has it. Also, about the australia set, what is included in that? Just wondering. Also, have you heard of the brand Fantarea?

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 10:24 am

Yes, you can find them on Amazon. Be careful while choosing the sets because as I told you, early Toymany sets are knockoffs of other known brands. Though, penguins and the Kangaroo-koala sets are not copies as far as we know.
I don't know Fantarea but the sets I see look like the early toymany sets, it means, several figures are knockoffs.
The Koala and Kangaroo set features families of kangaroos and koalas in different poses and a trunk where you can hang the koalas.

aschuck

PostSubject: Three more toobs   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:56 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

I went to Michaels today, and found the following toobs:

Farm, rainforest, and in the water.

4 figures from the Farm toob went in to my collection, and I kept all the figures from the rainforest aand in the water toobs. So, the current total in my collection is now 2179, and rising. Also, I'll be placing a Schleich order tomorrow, so there should be more news soon.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: News from lego   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 10:27 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, today I decided to count the playmobil and lego parts of my collection along with the figures I already had4 The result of this was that the number of models I have has gone up, from 2179, all the way up to 2707, and rising. Anyway, this is all the news I have for now, so if anything changes, I'll post here again.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The collecta Paraceratherium: a new arrival coming soon   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 1:58 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, no orders placed today, but dad and I'll be placing an ebay order next week. I think I'll order the CollectA Paraceratherium for my collection. In the meantime, I've purchased some more lego hair-pieces for my collection. No real news yet, but that might change soon. The current total in my collection is still 2707, and rising.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Has anyone heard of this papo figure?   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 8:18 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, does anyone have the papo guardian of the forest figure? If so, then great! I really would like to get this one for my kingdom, but I have no idea what it looks like, except that it's a cross between a man and a tree. If some one could give a better description, that would be great. No real news about new additions just yet, but that could change. Also, did Papo ever make a wild boar mutant? If they haven't, then they really should.

Thanks for your help,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 8:58 pm

It is exactly what the Guardian of the Forest looks like. It has a more or less human body which works as the trunk of the tree with the texture of a trunk and large branches over the shoulders and smaller ones acting as fingers. These branches ressemble deer antlers. It is a cool creature for your world of fantasy.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Aschuck's finds!
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next