Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz

Go down 
+7
a6point62
75senta75
Katy Leven
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
widukind
poldischatz
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 5:18 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 7:00 pm

2020: Chihuahua from the Horse Club "Carriage for Horse Show" playset.
2020: two special figures given out by McDonald's with its Happy Meal, Bernese Mountain Dog and Golden Retriever (readable on the inside of the thigh).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 7:03 pm

2021: Jack Russell Terrier and Poodle (Made in Portugal).

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 7:08 pm

2022: Afghan Hound, Goldendoodle and Bull Terrier.
Here for the first time on all three figures the inscription "designed in Germany" and then "Made in Portugal" (Afghan Hound and Goldendoodle) or "Made in Bosnia" (Bull Terrier).

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 7:14 pm

2022: Sheltie from the horse Club "Riding Shop" playset.

2022: Farmworld "Doghouse" playset with Australian Shepherd female (same model as 2017) with puppy (new figure).
Schleich has included the same stick in this set as the "Ruby" figure, but unfortunately this figure cannot hold the stick in its mouth.

2022: Dingo, Australian wild dog from the play set "Outback adventure."

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 7:29 pm

2022: Two husky figures from the Wild Life "Antarctic Expedition" playset.

2022: Puzzlemals series 1 Farmworld - the dog. The figure can be divided in the middle and combined with other animals from the series.
        This figure is "Made in Vietnam."

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 7:43 pm

Nice dogs again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 10:11 am

That's a collection being built to be truly complete, I enjoy seeing the Puzzlemals and McDonald's figures being included on it. Another interesting model is the dingo, I've been debating with a dog collector about the introduction of dingos in a collection of domestic dogs. I'd include them for sure even if they have a slightly different category.
Oh, if it is easier for you to show your dachshunds in two pictures, one with wirehaired ones and another with the remaining, it is fine.

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 5:52 pm

Hello Roger,
I also believe that, except for the two very old Beagle tricolor models and the Shepherd from the Classics series, I own all the dog figures from Schleich. And also the keychains. At least, I haven't seen any others that are missing from my collection.

But I would be really happy if someone here owns a figure that I am not familiar with.

With the Dingo, I had to think a bit because it's not a domestic dog, but it is a dog, so, for me, it belongs to my collection. I am eagerly waiting for Schleich to release the African wild dog. That would be fantastic! What I don't collect are Schleich wolves. That's a different subject, and I don't have space for them either.

As soon as I have time and the inclination, I will create a Dachshund collection picture. For that, I need to take all the figures out of my display cabinets and set them up in my improvised "photo studio." 🐕

Hallo Roger,
ich glaube auch dass ich bis auf die beiden sehr alten Modelle Beagle dreifarbig und der Schäferhund aus der Classics-Serie alle Hundefiguren von Schleich besitze. Und auch die Schlüsselanhänger.
Zumindest habe ich sonst keinen mehr gesehen, der mir noch fehlt.

Ich würde mich aber wirklich sehr freuen, wenn hier jemand noch eine Figur besitzt, die ich noch nicht kenne.

Beim Dingo habe ich etwas überlegen müssen, es ist ja nun mal kein Haushund - aber ein Hund und somit gehört er für mich zu meiner Sammlung dazu. Ich warte ja schon darauf, dass Schleich mal den afrikanischen Wildhund herausbringt. Das wäre super!
Was ich nicht sammle sind Schleich Wölfe. Das ist wieder ein anderes Themengebiet und da habe ich auch keinen Platz.

Sobald ich Zeit und Muße habe, werde ich das Dackel-Sammel-Bild machen.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 12:17 am

I didn't know the Dachshund photo would give you so much troubles.
Please forget it, just take a picture of the Beagle variant witht the puppy a friend requested, if you have the chance.

Dingoes are still very debated but they're much closely related to domestic dogs than African wild dogs. Though, what we collect is just a personal decision.
I hope Schleich makes an African wild dog, it is one of the most missed species of ever in Schleich range.

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 9:07 pm

This is an amazing thread! So many dogs by Schleich! Some I haver never seen at least not in some of the colors shown here! Amazing!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:42 pm

Hallo Shanti, vielen Dank!
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Here are the "ordered" pictures, all Dachshunds from 1975 to 2024.
and the two Beagles.
The large Beagle is from 2017, from the "Farm" playset, and the puppy is from the "Adventure Treehouse" playset.

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:50 pm

And since I was already at it, here are all Schnauzers from 1975 to 2019.
And all Fox Terriers from 1965 to 2005, as well as all Huskies from 1995 to 2022.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:00 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:07 pm

2023 - Here are the last dogs from my collection:

Great Dane

Bichon Frisé

Dark brown color variation of the Dalmatian - called Shorthaired Puppy from the Farmworld "Animal Hotel" playset.

Brown Goldendoodle color variation from the Farmworld "Tractor with Trailer" playset.

Pug from the Sofias Beauties Pet Salon playset.

Neapolitan Mastiff from the Harry Potter "Hagrid and Fang" playset.

Last edited by poldischatz on Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:13 pm

Schleich is releasing a new color variation for the current Jack Russell Terrier later this year - and a new Dalmatian as well - unfortunately, both are integrated into a playset again. However, I have my sources and don't have to buy the entire set.

Stay tuned for surprises!

What would also be interesting - all Poodles and all German Shepherds together in one picture. That's when you realize that Schleich is a German company.

Schleich bringt dieses Jahr noch eine Farbvariation zu dem aktuellen Jack Russel Terrier heraus - und
einen neuen Dalmatiner - leider beide wieder in ein Spielset integriert.
Aber ich habe da so meine Quellen und muss nicht das komplette Set kaufen.

Lasst euch überraschen!

Was auch noch interessant wäre - alle Pudel und auch alle deutschen Schäferhunde zusammen auf einem Bild.
Da merkt man dann doch, dass Schleich eine deutsche Firma ist.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 10:14 pm

This was a fantastic epic, filled with many achievements, discoveries, and a variety of heroes. Moreover, it's almost possible to recount the brand's history through the figures of dogs, as they don't merely represent a single series of dog figures but span across various generations, collections, and different themes.
The Neapolitan Mastiff is the greatest proof of this, as it has nothing to do with all the models presented before and remains a realistic representation of a dog. I have been enjoying it immensely and am eager to see the next chapters because this is a story we want to see continue for a long time. With this topic, we will know all the figures that have been released, and it will be updated every time a new Schleich dog figure is launched and acquired.
Thank you very much for everything, and I loved the photo of the Dachshunds. These photos are very useful, and as if that weren't enough, you provided additional collective photos of other breeds; the Schnauzer one is my favorite.
I think German shepherds are a lot, this is the most replicated breed if you mix all brands. There's some debat about Poodles being German or French. In my country we use the French name, Caniche, and they turned popular here due to the great wave of Portuguese migration to France. One of the Poodle hairstyles is even used in the Portuguese water dog and that's something I don't like that much.

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 11:12 am

I am happy when I can contribute to bringing some order to the Schleich dog figures and thus give collectors the opportunity to get an overview. What also interested me - where were the figures produced?

Schleich has indeed included a lot of information on the underside of the figure wherever possible. That's how I discovered that figures were produced in Germany and already in China simultaneously for a few years. This also explains the somewhat different painting and minimally different shapes.

Only the very first figures and the minis have nothing written on them yet. This certainly contributes to many people not knowing what kind of treasure they might still have in a forgotten toy box!

With the Neapolitan Mastiff from the Harry Potter series, I also had to consider whether this dog even fits into my collection. But as you have already written, it is depicted very realistically, which is surely because the dog in the movie with Hagrid is real and not a fantasy character.

Schleich has also portrayed some comic characters, including "Boomer," for example. That is definitely a comic representation and has no place in my collection.

Ich freue mich, wenn ich dazu beitragen kann, bei den Schleich Hundefiguren eine gewisse Ordnung hinein zu bringen und so Sammlern die Möglichkeit zu geben, sich einen Überblick zu verschaffen.
Was mich auch interessiert hat - wo wurden die Figuren produziert?

Schleich hat ja doch sehr viele Infos auf der Figur- Unterseite untergebracht, wo es möglich war.
So habe ich auch entdeckt, dass über ein paar Jahre Figuren parallel in Germany aber auch bereits in China gefertigt wurden. Das erklärt auch die etwas unterschiedliche Bemalung sowie minimal unterschiedliche Formen.

Nur bei den allerersten Figuren und den Minis steht noch nichts drauf. Was sicher auch dazu beiträgt, dass viele gar nicht wissen, was für einen Schatz sie da evtl. noch in einer vergessenen Spielzeugkiste haben!

Bei dem Mastino Napoletano aus der Harry Potter Reihe musste ich auch erst überlegen, ob dieser Hund überhaupt in meine Sammlung passt. Aber wie du schon geschrieben hast, er ist sehr realistisch abgebildet, was sicher daran liegt, dass ja auch der Hund im Film mit Hagrid real und keine Phantasiefigur ist.

Schleich hat auch einige Comicfiguren dargestellt, darunter z. B. auch "Boomer". Das ist definitiv eine Comicdarstellung und hat in meiner Sammlung nichts verloren.
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 11:28 am

The Poodle is actually a breed from France.
However, it became very popular in Germany. That's why it was frequently depicted by Schleich, especially in the 60s to 80s.
Because this breed doesn't shed, it was particularly beloved among older ladies.
Nowadays, you see it less and less.

And the German Shepherd is, of course, also well-known worldwide and is gladly produced by a German company.

However, these dogs are also rarely encountered on the streets nowadays.

I always appreciate it when Schleich has the courage to produce rare breeds, such as the Bull Terrier or the Afghan Hound - the first ever representation of a Greyhound!

And even though I am against the trend of crossing everything and everyone with a Poodle and then selling it as an expensive Doodle, a Goldendoodle figure is simply contemporary.

Der Pudel ist eigentlich eine Rasse aus Frankreich.
Er wurde aber in Deutschland sehr beliebt. Und deswegen sicher auch gerade in den 60iger bis 80iger Jahren häufig von Schleich dargestellt.
Weil diese Rasse nicht haart, war sie besonders bei älteren Damen sehr beliebt.
Inzwischen sieht man ihn immer weniger.

Und der Deutsche Schäferhund ist natürlich ebenfalls in aller Welt bekannt und wird von einer deutschen Firma gerne produziert.

Wobei man auch diese Hunde inzwischen sehr selten auf der Straße antrifft.

Ich freue mich immer, wenn Schleich den Mut hat, auch seltene Rassen herzustellen. Wie z. B. den Bullterrier oder auch den Afghanischen Windhund - als ersten Windhund überhaupt!

Und obwohl ich gegen diesen Trend bin, alles und jeden Hund mit einem Pudel zu kreuzen und dann als Doodle teuer zu verkaufen, so eine Goldendoodle Figur  ist einfach zeitgemäß.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 4:11 pm

Great collection!! Very Happy Love to see all the variations!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 8:53 pm

Although my interest in comics is almost nonexistent, I could recall several models of dog characters released by Schleich. This is largely due to the fact that Maia & Borges has been a privileged partner of the German brand over the years, and the Portuguese brand is a true specialist in the manufacture of cartoon characters. The vast majority of these figures are not intended to resemble real dogs, but rather to be as faithful as possible to the characters we saw on television. Fortunately, this Neapolitan Mastiff is based on a real dog, and it has not yet been considered for my collection because I have a faint hope of finding the Papo model that I almost revere so much.

The first time I remember seeing a large number of dogs of a particular breed on the streets was in my childhood when everyone in my homeland and probably the whole country, seemed to have a German Shepherd named Rex or a dog crossed with a German Shepherd. I do remember Poodles as well, but the majority seen in my hometown were mixed-breed dogs, small, hairy, and noisy, which elderly ladies used as companions. They had very little in common with Poodles.
I believe that currently, French Bulldogs are the most popular breed in my country, although there is an immense variety of purebred and mixed-breed dogs nowadays.

Fellow21

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 9:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ich fände es auch toll, wenn Schleich altdeutsche Hütehunde herausbringen würde, in den verschiedenen Typen, aber dann so modelliert, dass sie laufen, damit es so aussieht, als würden sie mit einer Herde arbeiten, denn alles andere würde keinen Sinn machen  Razz  

I would also love it if Schleich would bring out old German herding dogs, in the different types, but then modelled so that they run, so that it looks like they are working with a herd, because anything else wouldn't make sense  Razz
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 5:44 pm

@Fellow 21
Altdeutsche Hütehunde? Das ist aber schon sehr speziell, du meinst z. B. den Harzer Fuchs?

Aber wünschen darf man sich ja immer alles!

Dieses Jahr haben wir ja bereits zwei neue Hunde, den Rauhaardackel und den Bobtail. Zusammen mit dem Spielset Horse Club Reithalle kommt 2024 noch ein neuer Dalmatiner.
Was ich sonst noch bereits auf YouTube gesehen habe, sind nur Farbvariationen bereits existierender Modelle.

Back to top Go down
Fellow21

Fellow21

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 5:48 pm

poldischatz wrote:
@Fellow 21
Altdeutsche Hütehunde? Das ist aber schon sehr speziell, du meinst z. B. den Harzer Fuchs?

Genau den mein ich, oder auch Tiger usw..
Diese Hunde haben einfach nh Figur verdient! Es sind so tolle Hunde mit nem schönem Arbeitswillen, ich arbeite jeden Tag mit den Altdeutschen und das wären Hunde die sich gut in Figurform machen würden, meiner Meinung nach
Aber man kann ja hoffen und genau wünschen kann man sich alles Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next