Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz

Go down 
+7
a6point62
75senta75
Katy Leven
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
widukind
poldischatz
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 9:07 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 10:00 pm

The browser really translates your messages if we use the translation tool, though, would you mind if I translate your posts editing them? Since you are presenting a complete dog collection of a brand with all variations and editions, this topic can result as a kind of collector's guide.

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Hallo Roger,
das dürfen Sie sehr gerne tun. Ich bin total überrascht, dass ich hier so wertgeschätzt werde mit meiner Sammlung. Vielen Dank.

Ich bin hier im Thema "Schleich Ergänzungen" - gibt es dann für meine Beiträge und Bilder evtl. einen besseren Platz hier im Forum?
Wenn ja, dürfen Sie mich gerne dorthin verschieben.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:29 pm

I will translate your posts gradually as well as possible. This section is more for when someone buys new Schleich figures and wants to open a topic to show them. The best sections for a topic like this are "Collections" or even the main "Schleich" section. I will move it to the root section of Schleich since it is a topic exclusively related to the brand with thematic relevance.

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:42 pm

Vielen Dank fürs übersetzen und verschieben!
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:48 pm

These four here are from 1995 - all Made in Germany.
Short-haired Dachshund, Irish Setter, Fox Terrier, and Newfoundland.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:52 pm

In 1995, the Husky was released - with a tag Made in China, without a tag Made in Germany.
"Also from 1995 - the West Highland White Terrier. Here too, with a tag Made in China, without a tag Made in Germany."

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 11:23 pm

OK, every post with pictures is translated now. I hope I haven't messed anything since I don't know anything about Deutsch. :) I will try to follow your posts and translate everytime it is needed but please slow down if I get lost. Laughing
We will have time to compare your variations with our own models and maybe we can find any hidden secret meanwhile.

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 4:07 pm

1996 - Bernese Mountain Dog:
The figure on the left in the picture is Made in Germany, while the other two are Made in China - with significant differences in painting, especially on the head.
1996 - Golden Retriever:
With a tag - Made in China; without a tag - Made in Germany - also different."
1996 - The Bobtail - exclusively Made in Germany, at least I haven't found one that is Made in China.
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 4:15 pm

In 1997, the Doberman was also only 'Made in Germany.'

In 1997, the wire-haired dachshund - I was very surprised when I found both variations! On the right, 'Made in Germany,' and on the left, 'Made in China.'

In 1997, the Dalmatian - with a tag from China, without a tag from Germany."

In 1997, the Great Dane - with a tag from China, without a tag from Germany."

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 9:50 pm

It is interesting that you also collect variations or figures made in different countries. I think you miss a few variations but nobody can get all of them. Wink

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 10:56 am

"After a few days off, we continue here with my dogs!"

1998 - Farm Dog - Made in Germany

1998 - Cockerspaniel - Made in Germany

1998 - German Shepherd - On the picture on the left Made in Germany, on the right Made in Germany

Last edited by poldischatz on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 10:59 am

1999 German wirehaired Pointer - made in Germany

To my knowledge, in 1999, it was the only dog figure.
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 11:01 am

2000: Rottweiler and Münsterländer, both Made in Germany

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 11:04 am

2001 - Dark Farm Dog - Made in Germany

2002 - Light Farm Dog - Made in Germany

Last edited by poldischatz on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 11:12 am

Now it gets interesting again. The black Labrador Retriever from 2001 was produced in two variants.
The 'old' variant existed only briefly, was Made in Germany, with a more robust head and an overall stronger build for the entire dog.

The 'new' variant was Made in China; this dog is slimmer, with a slightly narrower head.
For Your Information: The Labrador with the tag is from China, and the one without the tag is from Germany.

And for additional information, there is also the keychain.

Last edited by poldischatz on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 11:16 am

2001 - Here are the two identical figures, representing the old and new variations, as light-colored Labrador Retrievers.

With tag Made in China, without tag Made in Germany.

Here, you can clearly see how the fur markings differ. The figure produced in Germany is more detailed.

Last edited by poldischatz on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 11:19 am

2001: Long-haired Dachshund, also Made in Germany.

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 3:38 pm

From now on, the dog models are Made in China:
2003 - Border Collie

2003 - Jack Russel Terrier - Also available as keychains.

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 3:42 pm

2003: The Beagle in two paint variations, both Made in China.

Those who have paid close attention will notice that this figure was already released in 1994.
Schleich simply reissued the same figure in 2003.

The first picture shows both variants from 2003.
The second picture shows the figure from 1994.

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 3:46 pm

2003: German Shepherd painted slightly differently again, but both made in China.

Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 4:01 pm

Under this link, you will find a fantastic private collection of Schleich animals and, of course, dogs.
The owners of this collection have already sold many figures, but the collection itself is a wonderful reference, in my opinion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 6:10 pm

Nice to see you posting back. Everything is translated now.
Now the best Schleich dog figures are starting to show. Some variations are really interesting, not only the very different painting on these German Shepherds but mainly those mold differences. It happens because Schleich produces some figures in different factories so they have to use different mold pieces and there's no way to copy them perfectly. So, anytime a new mold piece is produced, for a different factory or two replace an existing worn mold, some subtle differences are unevitable.

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 9:39 am

Thanks for the great explanation.
In the case of the Labrador Retriever, it seems to be the case that the mould that had been made by Germany
was significantly more precise and detailed than the Chinese one. Although it’s also possible that the Chinese people
didn’t want the Labrador to have such a large head, as it may have been visible in said breed in Germany back then.
This actually seems to be a rather common theme in dog breeding.
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 2:22 pm

2004: German Shepherd - as a figurine and as a keychain. I found the keychain on a sales portal in Austria; I haven't seen it in Germany, for example on eBay, at all.
It seems to be rare - or does anyone here happen to have it as a collector?

2004: female Golden Retriever

All figures are made in China.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz   My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Schleich Dogs Collection - by Poldischatz
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next