Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bullyland animals in my zoo

Go down 
+45
Bonnie
Pardofelis
Advicot
Megaptera
Caracal
bmathison1972
Shanti
jarda
zirkoon
75senta75
Saien
Wilorvise
Tarunyada
SpiralStrix
widukind
arafan
NightLioness
JonasV
LeeAnn
ulinuk
bojan
MARTINLATIN
Tiermann
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
LukaLeon085
sortepletter
Bowhead Whale
skysthelimit
Mastiffcat
Tupolew Tu-154
Vivien
Ana
lucky luke
Wildheart
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
Sergey
Roger
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
landrover
Kristie
Kikimalou
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:28 pm

I think the white is a dall sheep and the other is a mufflon but these pictures are very small for me. Also in my wish list! Congratulations Andreas! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Actually the white mufflon is a Dall sheep Wink scratch

I learned this from Willy, he wrote :

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

By the way, i think your muflons are a Dall sheep(white) and a Rocky mountains bighornsheep... Laughing

in this string, near the last reply : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

Correction : HEY ! Roger you beat me there Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Laughing Sorry, Susanne! geek
You are our Bullylander, I'm only a guest! Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 pm

With the larger picture from Harriet I'm sure the darker one is a mouflon and the white looks to have the same or unless a very similar mould, so it is a white mouflon. I understand Willy's point and agree but it has not the typical marks from a bighorn! So, unless the darker one is in my wish list even I think the other is very beautiful! Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:00 am

Roger wrote:
With the larger picture from Harriet I'm sure the darker one is a mouflon and the white looks to have the same or unless a very similar mould, so it is a white mouflon. I understand Willy's point and agree but it has not the typical marks from a bighorn! So, unless the darker one is in my wish list even I think the other is very beautiful! Wink
Yes, they are both the same mould - on the bottom of the models it says "Mufflon" but whether Bullyland is correct or not, I don't know scratch

Congratulations Andreas cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 am

Congratulations for new additions Andreas!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:19 am

Roger wrote:

I think I agree with Willy this time Shocked Very Happy I think mouflons have additional dark and white markings on belly and bighorns not scratch I think the mold may resemble mouflon more but markings are like on bighorn and Dall sheep indeed scratch I may be wrong but look at the links:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Many many thanks friends!!! Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Congrats Andreas, another great bunch of animals.

My two cents are that it's a Bighorn, based on the shape of the horns. But it's a sheep, so it's great no matter which! cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:14 pm

ana wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think I agree with Willy this time Shocked Very Happy I think mouflons have additional dark and white markings on belly and bighorns not scratch I think the mold may resemble mouflon more but markings are like on bighorn and Dall sheep indeed scratch I may be wrong but look at the links:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the links Ana! :)
In fact the figure don't respect the typical markings of any of them, you and Willy are right but see for example this....
" They range in color from light brown to grayish or dark, chocolate brown, with a white rump and lining on the back of all four legs. " This is from your link about the bighorn. All subspecies of bighorn have this characteristics of colouring in the legs, only back is white and not half bottom as in the figure.
Legs and horns look like a mouflon and the body maybe more a bighorn. also the marks of some mouflons are not very visible, mainly those animals that were introduced in not native areas. I like this kind of things! My first thought about the white was a dall sheep but the horns and dark muzzle also don't look alike.
My conclusion is that Bullyland should make a new mouflon because we already have a nice bighorn from Safari! Laughing ...and why not a dal sheep? They are wonderful! Very Happy Very Happy

Well while writing this Carolynn is saying that the horns are bighorn shaped, what can I say more when our sheepgirl also agree with you???? Wink
I'm sure I need one in my hands to see better! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Roger, you are correct: they need to make more Mouflons! and Big Horns! and Dall! and Barbary! and Marco Polo!!!!!!!!!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
Roger, you are correct: they need to make more Mouflons! and Big Horns! and Dall! and Barbary! and Marco Polo!!!!!!!!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce
...and lambs to feed my foxes! affraid Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:11 am

Roger wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

Lets see what is going to happen in 2012! Cross our fingers & pray for it! BULLYLAND are you here??

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:36 am

Well, I guess the white is a Dall sheep of course and the other one could be buy in Europa like a generic mouflon and in America as a Bighorn sheep Laughing Laughing Laughing

I still think we need a Barabary sheep and a mediterranean moufflon I love you

By the way in France, they are all called moufflons... Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:35 am

Yes that's right this figures are not 100% fit to any specie, but they are still very nice figures anyway Very Happy
Yes, Mediterranean moufflon would be so nice :) Maybe not only from Bullyland Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Yes, more species and subspecies!!! bounce bounce bounce

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes, Christophe, maybe it was not innocent from Bullyland, a half bighorn half mouflon is nice to sell in 2 important markets! monkey Wink ...and with only 1 mould and 2 paintings the brand sold 3 species! What a Face
And certainly some customers buy it also for their farms! Laughing
Unfortunately the horns of the white figure are very different from a Dall sheep but the painting was certainly inspired in it, but also wrong! The darker version with a repainting makes a wonderful mouflon or a bighorn. Lucky you that are talented enough to repaint them. cheers
Ana is right, in 2011 the replicas world received some magnificent and artistic sheep, so who's better to make a wild ram? Suspect Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

In Danish, the Dall sheep is called an American snow goat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:38 am

Roger wrote:

nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:39 am

SUSANNE wrote:

i can't explain why, but that totally cracks me up. "American snow goat" Laughing Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing Directly translated in Portuguese we have not a snow goat Laughing but a snow sheep, but this one

Ovis Nivicola - snow sheep also in English
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Dall's sheep has also the same name than in English. These wild sheeps are very hard to identify and I think it would be harder if the language mix them. Very Happy

Ovis Dalli - Dall's sheep

So wonderful they are! What a Face cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 am

Laughing Laughing It seems that all these wild sheep and goats are much more complicated than I thought scratch
Again I learned something new about wildlife her study Very Happy

Carolynn, please, please, don`t crack affraid
Laughing Laughing You have a wonderful sence of humour sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Laughing Laughing It seems that all these wild sheep and goats are much more complicated than I thought scratch
Again I learned something new about wildlife her study Very Happy

Carolynn, please, please, don`t crack affraid
Laughing Laughing You have a wonderful sence of humour sunny

Laughing It is almost as confuse as Papo variations! Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:26 am

my newcomers of the january 2012:

Many many thanks for Roger for the great bat gift, for Yvette for the fishes and for my local friend for the antelope and the squirrel.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 pm

You're welcome, Andreas! :)
Nice new additions! I need this antelope too! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bullyland animals in my zoo    The Bullyland animals in my zoo  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bullyland animals in my zoo
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next