Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+107
Oryx7557
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Tarunyada
costicuba
Florian
Sergey
Kat26
Wilorvise
Lumpasaur
rammleid
donhill
Tupolew Tu-154
elephas_maximus
Dutch Bear
TheLastStardust
ulinuk
john2xtheman
Geospiza fortis
bjarki12
SeanieP
Ladytilly
koniminiatures
schleich61
Bonobo
Dum_my
Valinor
stecal
DaveScriv
persefone
Noémi
JonasV
Jennypurr
Tiermann
smallscaleworld
Ana
mreyder
AlopexLagopus
Silver Unicornis
GoldEagle
RustyEyron
Gulogulo76
Sapphire
Saarlooswolfhound
Regy
almisi43
cattlecollector
Pony
STORMnl
Seijun
sortepletter
arominger26
Mastiffcat
Lennart
SommoDracorex
effelderboy
Chris Sweetman
PeGe
jarda
castlerigg
christinavanderschouw
saintgoku
BornThisWay
A-J
Egbert
Tylosaurus
krista
Rio
scot(t)
Master_Cat
Cyhyraeth
pipi6
Kristie
Katty
Elros Alvar
Vondan
Taylcoel
xfoxx
Kyle9701
Taos
Steve170
75senta75
sauroid
Vivien
smithyboy
Menphis
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
billbut
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
dlfrogman
landrover
baltimore zoo
Meerkat
aandmkw
Philter4
skysthelimit
Arrakai
thomas01
HKHollinstone
Wildheart
Deseo
Zwartvoet
Admin
Suebeedo
111 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lumpasaur

Lumpasaur

Country/State : United States

Brand Identification topic - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Hello! It's nice ot be on this forum again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Lumpasaur wrote:
Hello! It's nice ot be on this forum again! Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Welcome:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Last year I became the lucky owner of these two, who look like they have been sharing a huge jar of blackcurrant jam with chilly  Razz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger found this page for me, and the model of the sloth bear is ( almost?) the same as this elastolin one, but the paintwork is very different
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] scratch
Can anybody confirm that it is the same ?

But the hilarious wooly hippo ! I don't have a clue Shocked
He is a composition model Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 am

Nice models Susanne, could it be possible that these figurines are copys from Hong Kong because the origin Elastolin was also produced there? I have a few birds from a Elastolin serie where i have the same no idea:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:27 am

widukind wrote:
Nice models Susanne, could it be possible that these figurines are copys from Hong Kong because the origin Elastolin was also produced there? I have a few birds from a Elastolin serie where i have the same no idea:)

Thanks, Andreas Very Happy
Did they make the Massefiguren in Hong Kong ? Shocked

DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:32 am

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

I don't know about these figures in particular, but in general terms:
1) They didn't make composition figures in Hong Kong.
but
2) They did make composition figures in US occupied Japan circa 1946-56, before they changed to plastic.

Many of these would have been copied of German brands, because at that time the US occupying authorities were not exactly bothered about piracies of German copyrighted items.

All of these 'Made in Occupied Japan' figures, be they composition, lead, or early plastic are considered very collectable nowadays, often more so that the originals they copied which are usually more common than these copies.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:09 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

I think not:)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Thankyou, Dave and Andreas Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:43 am

Susanne, I hope someone can help you with these two. I tried and failed, these composition figures need some experienced collectors to be identified and also a sharp eye. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:55 pm

I have sent a PM to Sue & Lesley, - perhaps they know Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Maybe we can open a topic only dedicated to identify composition figures and we invite some expert/friends to track it. It seems these figures belong to a certain niche of collectors and cannot be easily identified without some experience.
I hope you good luck, they surely are experts. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am

Great idea cheers

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Maybe we can open a topic only dedicated to identify composition figures and we invite some expert/friends to track it. It seems these figures belong to a certain niche of collectors and cannot be easily identified without some experience.
I hope you good luck, they surely are experts. Very Happy

Alternatively, how about simply dividing the Brand Identification Topic into 'Modern' and 'Vintage' sections?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:46 pm

For me, the problem would be to know IF an un-identified model is vintage or not scratch

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:12 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
For me, the problem would be to know IF an un-identified model is vintage or not scratch

If the section was divided into modern & vintage, and you were faced with such a dilemma, you could post it in both.
I doubt this problem would happen often, as most modern figures are larger scale and in plastic, whereas vintage figures can be lead, aluminium, composition and if plastic, usually in smaller scales.

I'm just thinking members would look at the brand identification section(s) more often if they had a better idea of what had been posted. I know some members collect both modern and vintage figures, but think the majority collect one OR the other.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm

I fully agree that there are too many brands/styles/interests mixed together Very Happy

Back to the "Wooly Hippo " , - I found out what she is cheers
She is from Chiralu ( Italy) 1930 bounce bounce Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I fully agree that there are too many brands/styles/interests mixed together Very Happy

Back to the "Wooly Hippo " , - I found out what she is cheers
She is from Chiralu ( Italy) 1930 bounce bounce Very Happy

You mean Chialu, Susanne? I've found a different one in Guruzen collection but as it was different, I haven't considered that Chialu ahd another one. Actually, Chialu makes very bizarre figures, mainly their anteater that I hope to  get someday. Laughing

Chialu hippo from Guruzen's collection Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:44 am

DaveScriv wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

If the section was divided into modern & vintage, and you were faced with such a dilemma, you could post it in both.
I doubt this problem would happen often, as most modern figures are larger scale and in plastic, whereas vintage figures can be lead, aluminium, composition and if plastic, usually in smaller scales.

I'm just thinking members would look at the brand identification section(s) more often if they had a better idea of what had been posted. I know some members collect both modern and vintage figures, but think the majority collect one OR the other.

Your points are interesting Dave and Susanne.Maybe we don't need new sections, just topics for lead and composition once those are easy identifiable materials and both are exclusive to vintage brands and another topic about plastic figures, both vintage or modern.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 8:48 am

Roger wrote:

Your points are interesting Dave and Susanne.Maybe we don't need new sections, just topics for lead and composition once those are easy identifiable materials and both are exclusive to vintage brands and another topic about plastic figures, both vintage or modern.

Sound great to me cheers

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:27 am

Yep, although perhaps the actual wording might be plastic v 'all other materials', as apart from lead and composition there were also aluminium, carved wood, some ceramics, plaster, and those not quite normal plastic - those old hollow celluloid figures.
Back to top Go down
Kat26

Kat26

Country/State : IL USA

PostSubject: A Couple Questions   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:16 am

Wow, its been a while since I said anything. Embarassed Anyways, I have a couple questions about the new home page design. What brand is the dapple horse? And the grizzly bear's brand? And finally, the brand of the dog (its a Akita Inu right?) Just some figures I would like to look in to buying. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:27 am

Dog's the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Apparently...

As for the rest... I'll leave it to the more discerning folk...

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:38 am

Kat26 wrote:
Wow, its been a while since I said anything. Embarassed Anyways, I have a couple questions about the new home page design.  What brand is the dapple horse? And the grizzly bear's brand? And finally, the brand of the dog (its a Akita Inu right?) Just some figures I would like to look in to buying. Very Happy

I don't know about the horse. but the Grizzly Bear and (I think) the Akita Inu are Kitan Club.

Perhaps someone (Anna?) could give us a run down on what each of these figures are -- assuming that hasn't already been done on another thread. I think some of these are customized versions. I'd really like to know what brand the Elephant Calf is!

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 am

Oh yay, I found it.

The information is on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I'll cut and paste Anna's description of the animals in her (awesome) Logo:

Ana wrote:
Thank you for the good words about the logo Alvaro, Tove and Simone. It's nice to know you like it.
Now to answer the question, from left to right you see following animals there:
Iberian Ibex (custom made by Miguel from Signatustudio) Papo chamois, Papo repainted reindeer, Kitan Club macaque, Schleich Golden eagle, Asian Elephant calf designed in 3D program by Andrew (here printed and hand painted version in scale 1:22) Kitan Club Shiba, Kaiyodo Bran Owl, Breyer Stablemates Percheron horse, Kitan Club Japanese Brown Bear, Papo tigress with cub, Papo Lioness, Kaiyodo pink bird (forgot the species sorry scratch ) Schleich standing bear and Papo fox Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next