Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Please KLICK HERE to enter your suggestion for the Show-Us-Yours of August sunny

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
elephas_maximus

Brand Identification topic - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 4:39 am

Yes this is the Missing Links Woolly mammoth by Safari LTD. It is not very realistic or accurate, with stumpy legs and an over sized, oddly shaped head.  There was a calf as well.

I took a picture with the Schleich Indian elephant for size comparison, its a fairly large, heavy (solid PVC) model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:52 am

It is such a beautyful, charming model Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Thank you so much for all the great info! Smile

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Universe 11

PostSubject: Which brand is it?   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 pm

The brown husky-like dog right to the baby elephant on the title screen, which brand is that?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:28 pm

That's the Kitan Club Shiba - that model was selected as 2013 Dog Figure of the Year. Very Happy Lea made and excellent walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Universe 11

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Thank you. :)

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:10 pm

You're welcome! Very Happy

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:06 am

I hope somebody reads this in time Razz
Before the pictures is moved again ore gone :p
I really wanne know witch brand ore breed the dog in the middle of ours home sign is?
In the middle next to the owl,
it looks like a akita but when i looked for that in toy wiki i cound't find it!
Sad please somebody ? Razz
And when somebody knows withcone it is does somebody knows where to buy?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I hope somebody reads this in time Razz
Before the pictures is moved again ore gone :p
I really wanne know witch brand ore breed the dog in the middle of ours home sign is?
In the middle next to the owl,
it looks like a akita but when i looked for that in toy wiki i cound't find it!
Sad please somebody ? Razz
And when somebody knows withcone it is does somebody knows where to buy?

That's the Kitan Club Shiba, please check the post from LeeAnn, 3rd above yours and you'll find a very complete reply and a link to a walk around. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donhill

donhill

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi
Today I found these animals in a local thrift shop, they are made from a similar material as Elastolin/Lineol but have no name on them and I didn't find them on Toy Animal Collecting Wiki. Anyone?

Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 7:15 pm

The bear could be Lineol: Series III (1931-1940)
According to Kiki.
See my collection, page 4, in the middle.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 pm

With the exception of the bison that I have no clue, I believe other 3 are Lineol 3rd generation. I think they are those you can see in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - though, it is better wait for someone more used with them once they are very similar among the several brands that worked in composition materials.
What I am sure is that they are wonderful and very old. cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:40 pm

I don't know, but they are SO beautyful Applause Very Happy

Where are Sue & Lesley ?....I am sure they could tell Wink

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:57 pm

My two cents Very Happy

LINEOL Series III (1931-1940) You are right Dutchbear

HAUSSER American buffalo

LINEOL series I, II, III from 1910 to 1940

LINEOL Series III (1932-1940)

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:30 am

Oh goodness, I love that Brown Bear!! Wow. Wonderful finds!
Back to top Go down
donhill

donhill

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:44 am

Thanks for your input, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about older brands so you help is much appreciated. Scary to think such old and fragile models being put in a bin with a heap of plastic animals on top, I felt like I performed a rescue mission by buying them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:05 am

You are hero cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:32 am

You are hero cheers

cheers cheers cheers

rammleid

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 1:09 am

What is the asian elephant that appears in the main banner of the forum??
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:03 pm

It's an Asian elephant calf designed in 3D program by the forum member Andrew (elephas_maximus), the design was later printed. I bought one of the printed copies and painted it, so the result is as you can see Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Lumpasaur

Lumpasaur

PostSubject: Shiba Inu on photo above?   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Hello I am new to this forum (well I've had an account before but I forgot the password) and I was wondering if anybody knows what model type and of what brand the Shiba Inu dog in the photo above is? Ive never seen it before and it is lovely! thank you for any help Smile
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 am

Hello I am new to this forum (well I've had an account before but I forgot the password) and I was wondering if anybody knows what model type and of what brand the Shiba Inu dog in the photo above is? Ive never seen it before and it is lovely! thank you for any help Smile

Welcome here! That's the Kitan Club Shiba - that model was selected as 2013 Dog Figure of the Year. Very Happy Lea made and excellent walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Lumpasaur

Lumpasaur

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:21 am

Thank you so much! It's impossible to find for a reasonable price online though. Do they have a website where it is afforable Surprised
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:57 am

EBay is your best bet. IMHO it's worth the high price, it's a really fantastic model! Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 8:31 am

Hello and wellcome (back), Lumpasaur Very Happy

I love your avatar Laughing Laughing
Imagine a few seconds later, the doggie flicks his head, and the pancake is gone Laughing

Lumpasaur

Lumpasaur

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Hello! It's nice ot be on this forum again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello! It's nice ot be on this forum again! Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Welcome:)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Last year I became the lucky owner of these two, who look like they have been sharing a huge jar of blackcurrant jam with chilly  Razz

Roger found this page for me, and the model of the sloth bear is ( almost?) the same as this elastolin one, but the paintwork is very different
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] scratch
Can anybody confirm that it is the same ?

But the hilarious wooly hippo ! I don't have a clue Shocked
He is a composition model Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 am

Nice models Susanne, could it be possible that these figurines are copys from Hong Kong because the origin Elastolin was also produced there? I have a few birds from a Elastolin serie where i have the same no idea:)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:27 am

Nice models Susanne, could it be possible that these figurines are copys from Hong Kong because the origin Elastolin was also produced there? I have a few birds from a Elastolin serie where i have the same no idea:)

Thanks, Andreas Very Happy
Did they make the Massefiguren in Hong Kong ? Shocked

DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:32 am

I don't know about these figures in particular, but in general terms:
1) They didn't make composition figures in Hong Kong.
but
2) They did make composition figures in US occupied Japan circa 1946-56, before they changed to plastic.

Many of these would have been copied of German brands, because at that time the US occupying authorities were not exactly bothered about piracies of German copyrighted items.

All of these 'Made in Occupied Japan' figures, be they composition, lead, or early plastic are considered very collectable nowadays, often more so that the originals they copied which are usually more common than these copies.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:09 pm

I think not:)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Thankyou, Dave and Andreas Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:43 am

Susanne, I hope someone can help you with these two. I tried and failed, these composition figures need some experienced collectors to be identified and also a sharp eye. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:55 pm

I have sent a PM to Sue & Lesley, - perhaps they know Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 am

Maybe we can open a topic only dedicated to identify composition figures and we invite some expert/friends to track it. It seems these figures belong to a certain niche of collectors and cannot be easily identified without some experience.
I hope you good luck, they surely are experts. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am

Great idea cheers

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Maybe we can open a topic only dedicated to identify composition figures and we invite some expert/friends to track it. It seems these figures belong to a certain niche of collectors and cannot be easily identified without some experience.
I hope you good luck, they surely are experts. Very Happy

Alternatively, how about simply dividing the Brand Identification Topic into 'Modern' and 'Vintage' sections?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:46 pm

For me, the problem would be to know IF an un-identified model is vintage or not scratch

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:12 pm

For me, the problem would be to know IF an un-identified model is vintage or not scratch

If the section was divided into modern & vintage, and you were faced with such a dilemma, you could post it in both.
I doubt this problem would happen often, as most modern figures are larger scale and in plastic, whereas vintage figures can be lead, aluminium, composition and if plastic, usually in smaller scales.

I'm just thinking members would look at the brand identification section(s) more often if they had a better idea of what had been posted. I know some members collect both modern and vintage figures, but think the majority collect one OR the other.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm

I fully agree that there are too many brands/styles/interests mixed together Very Happy

Back to the "Wooly Hippo " , - I found out what she is cheers
She is from Chiralu ( Italy) 1930 bounce bounce Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:42 pm

I fully agree that there are too many brands/styles/interests mixed together Very Happy

Back to the "Wooly Hippo " , - I found out what she is cheers
She is from Chiralu ( Italy) 1930 bounce bounce Very Happy

You mean Chialu, Susanne? I've found a different one in Guruzen collection but as it was different, I haven't considered that Chialu ahd another one. Actually, Chialu makes very bizarre figures, mainly their anteater that I hope to  get someday. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:44 am

If the section was divided into modern & vintage, and you were faced with such a dilemma, you could post it in both.
I doubt this problem would happen often, as most modern figures are larger scale and in plastic, whereas vintage figures can be lead, aluminium, composition and if plastic, usually in smaller scales.

I'm just thinking members would look at the brand identification section(s) more often if they had a better idea of what had been posted. I know some members collect both modern and vintage figures, but think the majority collect one OR the other.

Your points are interesting Dave and Susanne.Maybe we don't need new sections, just topics for lead and composition once those are easy identifiable materials and both are exclusive to vintage brands and another topic about plastic figures, both vintage or modern.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 8:48 am

Your points are interesting Dave and Susanne.Maybe we don't need new sections, just topics for lead and composition once those are easy identifiable materials and both are exclusive to vintage brands and another topic about plastic figures, both vintage or modern.

Sound great to me cheers

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:27 am

Yep, although perhaps the actual wording might be plastic v 'all other materials', as apart from lead and composition there were also aluminium, carved wood, some ceramics, plaster, and those not quite normal plastic - those old hollow celluloid figures.
Back to top Go down
Kat26

Kat26

Country/State : IL USA

PostSubject: A Couple Questions   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:16 am

Wow, its been a while since I said anything. Embarassed Anyways, I have a couple questions about the new home page design. What brand is the dapple horse? And the grizzly bear's brand? And finally, the brand of the dog (its a Akita Inu right?) Just some figures I would like to look in to buying. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:27 am

Dog's the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Apparently...

As for the rest... I'll leave it to the more discerning folk...

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:38 am

Wow, its been a while since I said anything. Embarassed Anyways, I have a couple questions about the new home page design.  What brand is the dapple horse? And the grizzly bear's brand? And finally, the brand of the dog (its a Akita Inu right?) Just some figures I would like to look in to buying. Very Happy

I don't know about the horse. but the Grizzly Bear and (I think) the Akita Inu are Kitan Club.

Perhaps someone (Anna?) could give us a run down on what each of these figures are -- assuming that hasn't already been done on another thread. I think some of these are customized versions. I'd really like to know what brand the Elephant Calf is!

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 am

Oh yay, I found it.

The information is on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I'll cut and paste Anna's description of the animals in her (awesome) Logo:

Thank you for the good words about the logo Alvaro, Tove and Simone. It's nice to know you like it.
Now to answer the question, from left to right you see following animals there:
Iberian Ibex (custom made by Miguel from Signatustudio) Papo chamois, Papo repainted reindeer, Kitan Club macaque, Schleich Golden eagle, Asian Elephant calf designed in 3D program by Andrew (here printed and hand painted version in scale 1:22) Kitan Club Shiba, Kaiyodo Bran Owl, Breyer Stablemates Percheron horse, Kitan Club Japanese Brown Bear, Papo tigress with cub, Papo Lioness, Kaiyodo pink bird (forgot the species sorry scratch ) Schleich standing bear and Papo fox Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 16 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next