Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page

Go down 
+29
Tove
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
lucky luke
NightLioness
Bloodrayne
Gwaine
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Roger
JonasV
koniminiatures
LeeAnn
Noémi
widukind
Elros Alvar
Schleichfreund
Cyhyraeth
75senta75
scot(t)
MartinH
Kristie
Ana
Vivien
HKHollinstone
xfoxx
Arnaud
Bullyqueen
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Thank you Fernando :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 11:04 pm

I love this topic, and just went trough it from the start. Very Happy

What struck me is, that I am happy to see some new ones, - and then I almost get a chock when I discover that over a year has passed since they came on the market Shocked Laughing geek

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:48 am

Nine years between these two were launched , and what a difference  Shocked

But as we know now, it was not just a development in the artistic style from Collecta !
The old idea of the spinosaur was simply wrong !! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Very oportune old/new comparison. You're showing a 1st and a 3rd generation figures, I guess, though, it represents a revolutionary change. I never liked spinosaurus, they always seemed very unnatural creatures to me, maybe because they have a croc like head with the old Godzila posture more a sail. I think this new interpretation of the creature results much more natural and more convicent in several regards. Now it looks the result of a story love between a crocodile and a sailfish. Laughing
As a result of the clever strategy of CollectA bringing new species, old and new comparisons are rare, though, you posted the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] some time ago and also squirrels but I can't find them. From Wildlife not many have new generations, the exceptions are tigers, lions, giraffes, orangutan, Nile crocodile. Others were supposed to be replaced but received new relatedspecies or subspecies instead, f.i., brown bears, hippos, zebras, leopards... study

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 7:34 pm

The beautyful old Safari reindeer and and the new caribou for 2017  rendeer  rendeer

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 8:02 pm

This new caribou let me think about Papo since the beginning. It is nice but I love the pose of the older one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
....I love the pose of the older one Very Happy

The older Safari reindeer is no doubt my favorite of all reindeer/caribous drunken

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 10:28 pm

The set from Schleich with a farmer and a goat is really very nice Very Happy

The fun thing is that the farmer has the same colouring as the guy from 1988 !!!
Both can move their arms and have hands that can hold tools !

The new goat is almost similare to the one that was retired this year, but not quite Wink
( New one to the right)  Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Schleich new black bears ( 2017) with the ones from 2003 - 2011  alien

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 11:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
....I love the pose of the older one Very Happy

The older Safari reindeer is no doubt my favorite of all reindeer/caribous drunken

I agree. Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

The new goat is almost similare to the one that was retired this year, but not quite Wink 

It was a surprise they are not quite the same. Surprised  I have not noticed that. This means I have to buy the goat set. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 12:22 am

This caribou 2017 has beautiful color.

Big congratulations Applause Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 7:03 am

Interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 8:33 am

Thankyou for your comments, friends cheers

Tove wrote:

SUSANNE wrote:

It was a surprise they are not quite the same. Surprised  I have not noticed that. This means I have to buy the goat set. Very Happy

Yes , Schleich is truely making life hard for collectors these days Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Also Schleich has now got a new reindeer  rendeer
I always loved the old one. He looks like he has had a hard life, but is still the king of the flock !
By the look of his antlers, he may be a Norwegian mountain reindeer, but I am no expert.

The new one may look more charming , and he reminds me of the reindeer that the Samish people own, - only, they are smaller than the Norwegian reindeer ...
... study as far as I know  Laughing

And - hurraay - a new Schleich okapi !! alien
They are both great models, IMHO, even if the old one (right) is more elegant. Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 12:23 pm

Beautiful comparisons, Susanne!
I think the newer ones are more realistic but it doesn't mean they are more appealing. For instance, the old okapi is a quite pleasant piece despite its big head.
Also, the old reindeer was probably the best at its time and now, it is almost impossible to make a reindeer/caribou as stupendous as the CollectA figure.

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 1:16 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

And - hurraay - a new Schleich okapi !! alien
They are both great models, IMHO, even if the old one (left) is more elegant. Very Happy

The old okapi is on the right Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 1:26 pm

Ohhh, sorry ! I sometimes mix them up in English Embarassed geek

spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Is the new Schleich reindeer much bigger than the Collecta caribou?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 2:55 pm

spacelab wrote:
Is the new Schleich reindeer much bigger than the Collecta caribou?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Oh, thank you so much!! It's quite bigger, huh? It's more like a Papo figure size-wise.. scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 8:47 pm

The new and the old warthog from Safari  pig
The good, old piggy is not burdened by age, and he is so full of life that Newpig almost falls asleep just by looking at him  Laughing  Laughing

Schleich has made a new Komodo dragon Very Happy
The old dragon has heaps of charm and detail, IMHO  drunken

But, alas ! His tail  Shocked
No doubt that the new dragon is more realistic  Wink

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Looks like a snake's tail. The new dragon overall looks better to me, but the old one's face looks good.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 7:53 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Looks like a snake's tail. The new dragon overall looks better to me, but the old one's face looks good.

That is right Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 5:05 pm

In 2017 Papo changed the colour of the beautyful newer camel 50129 from 2011 .
Now it is much lighter, and I think it is really nice  Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 7:36 pm

Yes they did, and it looks nice

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Show us yours :-
Jump to: