Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page

Go down 
+29
Tove
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
lucky luke
NightLioness
Bloodrayne
Gwaine
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Roger
JonasV
koniminiatures
LeeAnn
Noémi
widukind
Elros Alvar
Schleichfreund
Cyhyraeth
75senta75
scot(t)
MartinH
Kristie
Ana
Vivien
HKHollinstone
xfoxx
Arnaud
Bullyqueen
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

I love the pictures! Fast and eficient! cheers Thanks, thanks!!!
It is really huge the difference between the crocodiles, the new one is by far more detailed, much more teeth, more scales and less toes! Laughing
Deers are terribly different, they don't even look the same species but we already know that in France adulte red deers had spots until this year! geek

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 pm

You are wellcome, Crogerbert Wink

Thanks for your kind words Embarassed drunken Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Yes, perfect examples Susanne cheers Wow, the improvement in Papo models between first and second aditions of species! Hippo and croc are examples of huge jump in quality in this brand Shocked Thank You for sharing Susanne :) cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Thankyou, Ana cheers

MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:17 pm

moose
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

zebra

baby elephant

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:44 pm

They are wonderful, Martin !
I love especially the elefant babies, - and the moose cheers

Here are some that a even a bit older rendeer Laughing

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: love the wolves   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:26 am

xfoxx wrote:
Great idea!

And last but not least, my wolves.

These were all Schleich. I also have the lion cubs, but forgot to take the photos because they're in my trade box and not the shelves. I guess someone else has them as well, or I can post them later if no one else has done it.

I love the old wolf! I think it's hard to find a wolf figure that is arresting and doesn't just look like a large dog. The wolf on the far left is just fantastic. (I'm waiting for the Timberwolf from Mojo Fun to arrive and have high hopes for that.)

Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:45 am

You are right ! That old Schleich wold fis fantastic cheers

Those were the days when Schleich made models with personality and expression Wink

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
You are right ! That old Schleich wolf is fantastic cheers

Those were the days when Schleich made models with personality and expression Wink

It's true! I have very mixed feelings about the "frozen" look that lots of recent Schleich figures have. On the one hand, it's the look that originally drew me to collecting animal figures. The recent Moose, Bison, Ostrich, Panda (not the 2012 version) and the Rodeo Bull...I just love them. But now that I've started collected other brands, I find myself looking for more personality in the figures.
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:46 pm

It´s a wonderful topic! Here are some giraffes.

The oldest one is on the far left side, then follows the bull of 1994. Next are mother and child from 1999. At the end on the right, female giraffe and her baby from 2004.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Aaaarh ! Yvette, what a beautyful. wonderful, lovely flock I love you cheers

Especially I love those oldest ones ! They have such charm and lots of expression Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks for these lovely pictures, Yvette! :)
I enjoy really these comparison pictures. flower

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks, Roger and Susanne!
You're right, Susanne. The old animals are so full of expression. drunken
This is one of the reasons, why I just like these old models. sunny

_________
Yvette
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 am

One more from Britains, this time the old and larger one called Vintage and the newer one, smaller and called Deetail.
Bactrian camel foals

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm

They are SO lovely, Roger ! drunken

I am really impressed by the quality and diversity of your Britains collection Shocked
You have not collected them for very long, and already you have such rarities cheers

The newer camel baby has a special place in my heart, because it was one of a few that I bought many years ago, in the middle of the 1970`s if I remember right.
I was looking for Reisler, but the shop didn`t have them any more, so I chose some from a brand that I didn`t know...they we Britains Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are SO lovely, Roger ! drunken

I am really impressed by the quality and diversity of your Britains collection Shocked
You have not collected them for very long, and already you have such rarities cheers

The newer camel baby has a special place in my heart, because it was one of a few that I bought many years ago, in the middle of the 1970`s if I remember right.
I was looking for Reisler, but the shop didn`t have them any more, so I chose some from a brand that I didn`t know...they we Britains Laughing Laughing

Laughing flower Laughing
Thanks Susanne! That's very interesting! I'd loved to see your reaction! Reisler has a very unique design, from the few figures I know they share a unique style, it would be hard to accept such a different brand. I enjoy the crazy style of Reisler, Britains figures look like nice boys in comparison! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Roger wrote:
I'd loved to see your reaction! Reisler has a very unique design, from the few figures I know they share a unique style, it would be hard to accept such a different brand. I enjoy the crazy style of Reisler, Britains figures look like nice boys in comparison! :)

You are right !
Now you mention it I can see the shop in my mind, and remember that I wasn`t totally pleased with my new purchase. They felt heavy and clumsy Wink

I picked them out because they we species that I had not seen by Reisler.
At that time I had no idea what Reisler had really made or not, I had never seen a catalogue. They weren`t handeled out to any child as they are now. Ohhh, the good, old days Laughing

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:52 am

wow. Very cool Roger!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 pm

This is such a great topic; I have to try to make a useful contribution.

Two Schleich Ibex. The first, on the left, is 14235 from 1996-2005. The second, on the right, is 14366 from 2007-2010. I'm still surprised they retired either of them.

I'm pretty sure I like the older one better. And this is not just because I like older models. In most cases, I prefer Schleich models from the 2000's rather than the models of the same animals from the 1990's. But in this case, the older Schleich Ibex is just so beautifully sculpted. The muscle definition and the face are lovely. The more recent one is painted nicely, but the older one is arresting.

Last edited by scot(t) on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shrink photo to 800 pixels width)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:29 pm

That old ibex is marvellous, - I totally agree Very Happy

Wonderful photo, showing every detail, thankyou very much, Scott flower

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:18 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful photo, showing every detail, thankyou very much, Scott flower

Thank you Susanne! I get lucky if the light is good and I can hold really really still.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks Scott, you are not the first member saying that the old Ibex is better! That's very interesting once I have the newer one, I'm happy with it, and I'm really curious to compare them in real life. Your great picture makes me think that you are right! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 am

grinninglizard (scott) wrote:

Thank you Susanne! I get lucky if the light is good and I can hold really really still.

Laughing Laughing It seems that you are very often "lucky" Wink cheers

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Scott, you are not the first member saying that the old Ibex is better! That's very interesting once I have the newer one, I'm happy with it, and I'm really curious to compare them in real life. Your great picture makes me think that you are right! :)

SUSANNE wrote:
grinninglizard (scott) wrote:

Laughing Laughing It seems that you are very often "lucky" Wink cheers

Roger and Susanne, thank you both for your kind remarks on the pictures. They are greatly appreciated.

I should say, I really love both Schleich Ibex (or Ibexes--both are acceptable as plural I think). I still admire the latest, newer one very much! I was just surprised how much I admire the older one too. I'm glad to have both!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:18 pm

With help from great friends I have been able to get the old Clydesdale-family from Safarai king king

So, I just COULD not resist the newer mare and foal Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing
here they are together with the happy, older mare and her charming baby Wink

I must say I like the older ones best, even if their expressions are a bit cartoon-ish Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page   Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show your old & new ones - index on 1st page
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next