Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~

Go down 
+36
Joe
remrock02
MD1985
Joan Milelire
diversity
remowshake
Titwen
SyLoBe
Zwartvoet
Gab
noeska
alexmotoc
MartinH
Lasersword1973
zbyszek
Barricade
stecal
Ana
smhilin
Roger
Siobhan
aandmkw
Gabe
Kiryuha
Numa
Suebeedo
m.davis.15
schleich61
ken yeo
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Rio
Wildheart
Yurumi
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 pm

...Clapping hands...
Bravo,Kiki!Bravo!

This discussion is great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Look at the mighty Schleich zebras, the German company is unable to use the bluring method and you easily understand why. Look carefuly at your models, the zebras painting are not so fine because it is uneasy to do it quickly, they have the same problem than Safari because they can't avoid it !
I've just looked at my zebras carefully and didn't notice any problems. What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Kiryuha wrote:

I've just looked at my zebras carefully and didn't notice any problems. What do you mean?

I will try to take some pics tomorow to explain myself better.

What I mean is there is a difference between the mane or the muzzle which are a bit blurring and the zebras on the body. The black zebras are not really as perfect as the bluring parts. Again, maybe pics could help ?
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Here's my point re the Safari Ltd's paintings done. Take a look at the pinna and the hooves' white lining. It's like a kids' painting job.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Ok Ronald, it seems we didn't buy the same models. Wink

Here are mine :

I already said the Safari is not perfect and the hooves are not the best ( the best are Papo hooves) but, at least, he is not wearing white gaiters or socks.

About the white pinna, take a look at them... Maybe the Safari ones are two extended around the ears but what can we say about the Schleich ones ? Front ? Blur. Back ? Blur again.

Again, look at the head. I'm sorry but I can't look at the Schleich wiythout thinking about a cartoon. Why ? The head is a little bit chubby, even smiling and the eyes are a bit too big. So sweety !
I prefer the head of the Safari which is not cartoonish at all, not smiling, and smaller eyes.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:26 pm

I finally find a pic of the Papo's tapir in real life !

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 pm

At the end, maybe I am wrong scratch scratch scratch confused

The Safari has bad hooves, the Schleich has got bad pinnas, white socks and funny head...

Maybe the best is the Papo ? Laughing Laughing

Or maybe we will have to wait for the CollectA one to have at least a decent tapir. The others are really too bad lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Each time I'm loving more this tapirs battle. I'm reading carefully and seeing all pics!!!
At the end I'll buy only one, I'll wait for CollectA 2011 to see if there is another option. I never saw before a tapir and the most similar thing that I know is my neighbor! And until now the Schleich one is out of question. But I'm very happy with Papo and in the tapirs battle I think that is ahead!!!
I never saw a tapir before, the most similar thing i know is my
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 am

Maybe you could post a pic of your neighbor so we can compare ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:05 am

Well, for me the Papo one isn't very good, the feet don't stand flat on the ground and the back legs are too far apart, then it has a strange blue glossy ring around it's eyes confused So that leaves the Safari and Schleich.
I like the Safari Tapir, the paintwork is great, other then the white on it's feet, but it's a nice sculpt. It's maybe more plastic looking then the Schleich, but that's just different materials I guess. The Schleich one is cute, very cute, that's really why I love it! But I'm with Christophe on this, the Safari one is certainly the most realistic out of the three (Other than the white on it's feet Laughing But that could be painted over!)
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Maybe you could post a pic of your neighbor so we can compare ? Laughing

There's too late now, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to send you a nice pic!!!
About the Papo I'm geting really confused! I love some Papo sculptings but I agree that the plastic is strange and sometimes even the balance is bad.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The Safari has bad hooves, the Schleich has got bad pinnas, white socks and funny head...
Strange enough, but in the Schleich catalogue the tapir doesn't wear socks - there are only small white stripes around the nails.
I'm wondering, maybe the socks appear only on "Made in China" models? Has anyone seen a "Made in Germany" tapir?
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Well, for me the Papo one isn't very good, the feet don't stand flat on the ground and the back legs are too far apart, then it has a strange blue glossy ring around it's eyes confused So that leaves the Safari and Schleich.
I like the Safari Tapir, the paintwork is great, other then the white on it's feet, but it's a nice sculpt. It's maybe more plastic looking then the Schleich, but that's just different materials I guess. The Schleich one is cute, very cute, that's really why I love it! But I'm with Christophe on this, the Safari one is certainly the most realistic out of the three (Other than the white on it's feet Laughing But that could be painted over!)

Maybe this text will help you about the blue in the eyes of Papo Tapir:
"The Malayan tapir has small, beady eyes with brown irises on either side of their face. Their eyes are often covered in a blue haze, which is corneal cloudiness
thought to be caused by repetitive exposure to light.!
In Wikipedia

I want a tapir with a corneal cloudiness!!!
Is there any glasses in the same scale?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:21 am

Roger wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Maybe this text will help you about the blue in the eyes of Papo Tapir:
"The Malayan tapir has small, beady eyes with brown irises on either side of their face. Their eyes are often covered in a blue haze, which is corneal cloudiness
thought to be caused by repetitive exposure to light.!
In Wikipedia

I want a tapir with a corneal cloudiness!!!
Is there any glasses in the same scale?
Yes, animals often have a blue haze in their eyes. I meant the blue colour around the eyes actually, Tapirs don't have that, it's normally just black, the same colour as the rest of their head.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:48 pm

First..., the Schleich tapir is made in Portugal... Cool

And i see advantages in all three of them, and i don't think the Schleich isn't so bad, although the "cutting" of the black and white isn't that sharp, same for the hooves.
It is just an easier way to paint them i guess... Rolling Eyes
The white lines on the Safari are really looking cheap, and he is shiny too... Shocked
So overall, i think that we must be happy to be able to compare a rare made model like this in the new manufacturers, because they made it all!
IMHO the eyes on the Schleich are not really big too Christophe, those are really deetails that you can't aspect from a toy-company, it is not Lineol you know... Wink king

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:12 pm

scratch I'm sorry Willy but my Schleich tapir is made in China Wink

Maybe the eyes seems not too big Willy but they are bigger than the Safari and they have a white circle that makes them bigger. But my problem is not they are too big, my problem is this model has got a very cute but a bit cartoonish head. I'm sorry but each time I look at him I can't avoid to think about the tapirs in Ice Age movies...
And as I said, I think they used blur paintings because it is easier to do.
About the Safari, the plastic is more shiny than the Schleich and I said the best hooves are for the Papo: No white lines and no white socks. Laughing
I said it first I think they are both good models and I bought them all. You know me, when I dislike a model I don't buy it.
But again I think the Safari is better because it has a more realistic shape and details and I like this. Of course, when you see them in a batch or a shop display, the most appealing and cute is the Schleich. I'm sure a children would choose that one... But it doesn't mean it is the best.
The most "Lineol" of the three is the Safari IMHO Wink
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Yes, i understood by reading more treads about this tapir, that there are more versions on the Schleich model.
I bought mine from Germany, and it was made in Portugal, so i assumed that they are all made in Portugal...
So i have to look out for those other variations again... Shocked

I will buy the Safari and the Papo and Chap Mei too, you know me, i want them all.
I see the deetails that are not so good on every model, but i don't care soo much, because i can't change it anyway, and don't want to spend energy on discussing them then, it won't change the model or painting anyway... Laughing

I think most of those sculptors and painters know very well how an animal should look, but producing-process and the costs of that limits the talents of those people... Crying or Very sad

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:27 pm

All right Willy. I agree of course those sculptors have talent but I think the companies have different philosophy about their style.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 pm

It is not only the style, but the way the make and paint it...
They prefer what is cheaper to make, specially in those little items some companies make, like toy-animals... Shocked Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Maybe but there is different ways to be cheap...

And again the Schleich tried to be the cutest and the Safari tried to be more realist I think.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:42 pm

I think ,they both try to be realistic, and do not think if children like the laugh on the face of a model, but different kinds of views on making a model makes those differences i think, same as we collectors have different opinions on certain models.

I do collect Schleich, and many things, brands and models that are not really realistic, but i do not like it more then any other brand, i just want to complete complete lines, as i did before in so many other collections.
When you miss one model out of let's say the 100 they made, you don't feel really happy, even when the model is not exactly what your taste is... Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:46 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I think ,they both try to be realistic, and do not think if children like the laugh on the face of a model, but different kinds of views on making a model makes those differences i think, same as we collectors have different opinions on certain models.

I do collect Schleich, and many things, brands and models that are not really realistic, but i do not like it more then any other brand, i just want to complete complete lines, as i did before in so many other collections.
When you miss one model out of let's say the 100 they made, you don't feel really happy, even when the model is not exactly what your taste is... Laughing

I know Willy I know Very Happy

And you know I can be very happy (and crazy) if I miss a model I don't like Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Haha, yes we are just both crazy collectors... affraid

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:59 pm

It shoud be a nice end to this Tapirs tread but I have to say that this is my favorit one! I still don't remember the subject. And talk about the fawls is not a waste of time is a an usefull exercise for us. I remember that I'm only a recent collector and your opinions are very important.
Let's work in treads about an animal of different brands and the point of view of different collectors. That's nice!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 am

Ok Roger, I will Very Happy

I prefer obeying to a lion than to a small red fish, even if this fish is a very good friend Laughing

The French crazy macaque geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next