Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~

Go down 
+36
Joe
remrock02
MD1985
Joan Milelire
diversity
remowshake
Titwen
SyLoBe
Zwartvoet
Gab
noeska
alexmotoc
MartinH
Lasersword1973
zbyszek
Barricade
stecal
Ana
smhilin
Roger
Siobhan
aandmkw
Gabe
Kiryuha
Numa
Suebeedo
m.davis.15
schleich61
ken yeo
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Rio
Wildheart
Yurumi
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010 - 14:13

Kikimalou wrote:
Ok Roger, I will Very Happy

I prefer obeying to a lion than to a small red fish, even if this fish is a very good friend Laughing

The French crazy macaque geek

Thanks again!
You are always giving me information and I'm giving nothing to you! But those treads are very nice to unexperient people like me.
Do it only if it is nice for you too!
... and don't worry I'm only a pussy lion!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Sep 2010 - 15:23

Haha, yes i would listen better to a lion, then to a fish too, unless it is a great white shark or something like that!
And even a pussy-lion is a big and dangerous animal Roger! affraid

You don't need to give something in return for all of your questions of course... :)
Many of the collectors here just love to give all that information they gattered in all the years of collecting. Cool
And that, because we know how much affords it took to find that information through the years. Rolling Eyes
Since the introduction of the internet, our collecting-world opened up for us all, only we "old" collectors had some advantage, because we started much earlier then you.
But with all the information we can share with "newby" collectors like you, will make you an experienced collector in a short time too, and you will be able to help us out someday in the near future i guess... cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptySun 26 Sep 2010 - 0:35

All of you are fantastic and that's the reason why I'm here almost every days!
Greatings!!!
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptySun 26 Sep 2010 - 3:31

Kikimalou wrote:
Ok Ronald, it seems we didn't buy the same models. Wink

Here are mine :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I already said the Safari is not perfect and the hooves are not the best ( the best are Papo hooves) but, at least, he is not wearing white gaiters or socks.

About the white pinna, take a look at them... Maybe the Safari ones are two extended around the ears but what can we say about the Schleich ones ? Front ? Blur. Back ? Blur again.

Again, look at the head. I'm sorry but I can't look at the Schleich wiythout thinking about a cartoon. Why ? The head is a little bit chubby, even smiling and the eyes are a bit too big. So sweety !
I prefer the head of the Safari which is not cartoonish at all, not smiling, and smaller eyes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe my curse for the Safari Ltd's figures is still haunting me. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptySun 26 Sep 2010 - 6:58

Roger wrote:
Thanks again!
You are always giving me information and I'm giving nothing to you! But those treads are very nice to unexperient people like me.
Do it only if it is nice for you too!
... and don't worry I'm only a pussy lion!

Don't worry pussy lion, it's my pleasure to share pics, jokes and good times with all of the crazy collectors here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptySun 26 Sep 2010 - 7:00

Lasersword1973 wrote:

Laughing Ronald, your Safari is worse than mine but your Schleich is better Wink

Maybe you could buy the Schleich for me and I will buy the Safari for you lol!
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptySun 26 Sep 2010 - 16:39

Kikimalou wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:

Laughing Ronald, your Safari is worse than mine but your Schleich is better Wink

Maybe you could buy the Schleich for me and I will buy the Safari for you lol!

Maybe that will help to stop my Safari Ltd wildlife's curse. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Let’s continue speculating on Schleich-2011   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010 - 12:32

I’d like to continue our discussion on Schleich’s production plans. Too much text again, but I just can’t help it :)
Christophe’s arguments about Schleich’s utter rationalism and the overwhelming popularity of African wildlife have moderated my “Asian wave” hypothesis a bit, but… I just can’t imagine more than nine “appealing” and profit-making African figures that Schleich could make. Those are:
- new hippo with calf
- gorilla family
- ostrich female
- Cape buffalo
- okapi calf
- zebra in a new position (lying? looking back? prancing? running?)

Maybe you could add smth to the list, friends?
Nevertheless, if Schleich introduces something African not from this list, I’ll be very surprised. As all the rest belongs to the “risky” way, doesn’t it?
As for me, I don’t consider baboons, hyenas or marabous “appealing” in the marketing sense of the word, and kudu or oryx are not very well-known among kids. (Of course, I hope they won’t replace current chimp family with a new one – there are more than enough chimps on the market!)

In 2010 Schleich introduced 25 new figures of wild animals, in 2009 – twenty wild critters, and in 2008 – 17. The advance in quantity is obvious.
Let’s hope that in the year of their 75th anniversary Schleich won’t set back in quantity of new stuff and will introduce not less than 25 new wild animals.
So, if they even release the above mentioned African figures all at once, we’ll have only 9 items.
If we subtract our virtual 9 from 25 there’ll be 16 figures left. What could they be?
In Schleich’s 2010 lineup European and N. American fauna was represented by 12 figures, in 2009 – by 3 items, in 2008 – also by 3. The average is six. Than we have 16-6=10.
For Australia, S. America and Arctic/Antarctic Schleich has made only 7 figures altogether in the past three years. So we may expect not more than two new animals for these continents.

In the end, we have eight vacant positions for 2011. Those should be given to Asia – a piece of cake Very Happy Very Happy
If my estimation is close to reality, what do you think about the following 8-piece Asian lineups:
- optimistic variant: Malayan tapir calf, Indian rhino with calf, black leopard with calf, gaur, reticulated python, muntjak (or even a peacock / cassowary instead of muntjak / gaur).
- conservative variant: tapir calf, Indian rhino with calf, black leopard with calf, new orangutan family.

I believe chances that my guesswork comes true are rather high. And what do you think about it?

Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: 2011 ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010 - 19:22

As I am new this year to collecting Schleich and though I do enjoy reading the thread where everyone shares their list of "hopefuls" for 2011 it is getting close to the end of the year and my questions to the "old timers/collectors" would be:

When does Schleich finally let the "cat out of the bag" and reveal the new figurines/models?
When in the past has anyone in the forum finally found out about the next years figures?
When does the 2011 catalogue come out for the businesses? [They have to be getting their orders in you know.]
What Wholesale Toy Fair/Show in what countries does Schleich go to where they would reveal the new ones?

And last but not least:
When in 2011 are they finally available to buy?
scratch
"Oh knowledgable ones ~ share your wisdom" :)
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010 - 19:58

Schleich usually reveals their new figurines in October,November or December.We are getting closer to the news each day!
The first figurines are avaiable to pre-order around December and come out in January.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010 - 20:43

Suebeedo wrote:
As I am new this year to collecting Schleich and though I do enjoy reading the thread where everyone shares their list of "hopefuls" for 2011 it is getting close to the end of the year and my questions to the "old timers/collectors" would be:

When does Schleich finally let the "cat out of the bag" and reveal the new figurines/models? - They update their official site with new products in the first days of January.
When in the past has anyone in the forum finally found out about the next years figures? - The record was October, 15. The dates of the last three years [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
What Wholesale Toy Fair/Show in what countries does Schleich go to where they would reveal the new ones? - I think it is the Nuremberg Toy Fair.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010 - 22:45

Ah Kiryl Very Happy You really want your eight vacant positions for 2011 Wink

I hope you are right and that we will see good things coming from Schleich in 2011 Very Happy

But again, I'm not sure... Even if this is the 75th birthday cheers

Let's talk again about the African wildlife. I don't agree with you and I'm not the only one. More serious people than us don't agree.

You may think that a striped antelope and a hyena are not appealing... But Safari and Papo don't agree with you Wink . Of course a company can get wrong but those people are on the business and if two or three of them decide to make a model, it means it is appealing enough I guess...

Think about the 2011 Safari Road runner, it means something for US children only and it's the US company who will do it. They will probably sold enough of them in America but it will not be the same in Europa. I'm only sure of one thing : They at least sale two road runners in EU, one for Torben and one for me Laughing .
So a Road runner is made for a local market, but so big that it is not a problem.

So maybe we could see a gorilla family, a Cape buffalo, a striped antelope and a hyena...

Another good reason to do so is always the checkout displays. How to be sure that you will win the market ?

First, you must have the biggest displays with many items. You have more chance to sell to kids if you are the bigger in the place.

So a big company will need to do a lot of different figurines... It doesn't mean a lot of different animals Wink Look at the Schleich African line, they offer 46 models but only 17 species.
Safari ltd "African wild life only" offer 42 models for 24 species
Papo offer 18 African species but only 34 models . scratch
Schleich have the bigger model range with the smaller species range... It seems the "Mom-dad-baby" is a very good business idea.

Ok it doesn't mean a lot of different animals but, to be the bigger, you need to have also "less appealing" animals to complete your range. Why ?
First because " less appealing" animals are more unusual and can capture the customer eyes better than a "lions only" shelf.
Second because, especially in the zoo shops, there is sometimes different brands to offer different animals you could find in the zoo. Some examples ? Maybe striped antelopes, hyenas, gorillas or Cape buffaloes.
And the better way to be the one who sell the most is to be the only one ! I'm sure European collector will understand easily when I talk about the Schleich steamroller affraid

Ok, what to say more ? Maybe we will have some good surprises but it doesn't mean the African line is closed.

I really hope Schleich will be able to surprise me, it would be a great birthday gift. drunken
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010 - 23:15

:) Let's continue our large text rally!
Kikimalou wrote:
Ah Kiryl Very Happy You really want your eight vacant positions for 2011 Wink
I want more vacant positions!Very Happy The more the better!
Kikimalou wrote:
Let's talk again about the African wildlife. I don't agree with you and I'm not the only one. More serious people than us don't agree.
You may think that a striped antelope and a hyena are not appealing... But Safari and Papo don't agree with you Wink . Of course a company can get wrong but those people are on the business and if two or three of them decide to make a model, it means it is appealing enough I guess...
But we're talking about Schleich. And they seem to produce only animals that are both "appealing" and well-known. Hyenas are well-known but not appealing. Striped antelopes are appealing but not well-known (and don't forget those long twisted horns). :)

Kikimalou wrote:
Think about the 2011 Safari Road runner, it means something for US children only and it's the US company who will do it. They will probably sold enough of them in America but it will not be the same in Europa. I'm only sure of one thing : They at least sale two road runners in EU, one for Torben and one for me Laughing. So a Road runner is made for a local market, but so big that it is not a problem.
That's right, but how does it concern Schleich? Or do you think they gonna make some specific North American animals for the US market?

Kikimalou wrote:
So a big company will need to do a lot of different figurines... It doesn't mean a lot of different animals Wink Look at the Schleich African line, they offer 46 models but only 17 species... Schleich have the bigger model range with the smaller species range... It seems the "Mom-dad-baby" is a very good business idea.
That's a real pity indeed.

Kikimalou wrote:
Maybe we will have some good surprises but it doesn't mean the African line is closed.
African line can never be closed. I just suppose that the 3-year African dominance in new Schleich stuff is coming to an end and opening vacations for Asian invasion.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 3:41

Well, i would like to see this black leopard calf??? question Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes affraid
this would be a great crypto-item too! cheers Wink
Or would i like a gaur-cub... Rolling Eyes
I can't decide.... Neutral

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 8:45

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
But we're talking about Schleich. And they seem to produce only animals that are both "appealing" and well-known. Hyenas are well-known but not appealing. Striped antelopes are appealing but not well-known (and don't forget those long twisted horns). :).

Kirill, it's uneasy to reply you because my post is a unique answer and you are cuting it like a sausage. Wink

Schleich is a big company and it is not a secret that they try to be alone at the checkout... As I said, having "less appealing" animals may be important if your competitors offer one, like Cape buffalo, hyena and striped antelope. Not a "mom-dad-baby" set but only one model.
I don't forecasting, maybe Schleich will not do this model but I say they have good reasons to do them.

Long twisted horns. Laughing Really funny ! Everybody knows here that I'm not a Schleich worshipper but I know Schleich is able to do long twisted horns... Because the Schleich sculptors, engineers are as good as the others. If Papo or Safari can, Schleich can. So they are able to make the chubbiest twisted horns of the toys world cheers Why Schleich lovers have a doubt about this is still a mistery for me Suspect

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Think about the 2011 Safari Road runner, it means something for US children only and it's the US company who will do it. They will probably sold enough of them in America but it will not be the same in Europa. I'm only sure of one thing : They at least sale two road runners in EU, one for Torben and one for me Laughing. So a Road runner is made for a local market, but so big that it is not a problem.
That's right, but how does it concern Schleich? Or do you think they gonna make some specific North American animals for the US market?

It's an example Kirill. How does it concern Schleich ? Well, unlike hyena, Cape buffalo, etc... A road runner is really a product for the American market. On this kind of animals, I doubt any European company would make one... Unlike striped antelope, hyena, etc...

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Maybe we will have some good surprises but it doesn't mean the African line is closed.
African line can never be closed. I just suppose that the 3-year African dominance in new Schleich stuff is coming to an end and opening vacations for Asian invasion.

3 years African dominance ? Are you sure it is not a 9 years African dominance ? Or maybe a forever dominance ?

How can you speak about an Asian invasion ? 8 models and between 4 or 6 species would not be an invasion... The shelves were still under the African savannah rule !

Now, let's talk about gaurs and other muntjacks. How can you think Schleich would produce such models if they already think that a striped antelope or a hyena are "less appealing" models. I'm sorry but a striped antelope is more known than a gaur or a muntjack. So if you think they can't do a kudu or bongo, you must admit they would not make a muntjak or a gaur.

A gaur ? What is it ?
Young Kirill (or Christophe) : Daddy, daddy cheers I want the big and chubby black cow santa
Daddy : Well, listen my son, it is not a black cow... It is a Cape buffalo !
Mummy : I'm sorry dear, it's not a Cape buffalo... It's a zebu !

So, IMHO, they could do an orang-utan family, a black panther, an Indian rhino... For the same reasons that they could do a striped antelope, a new hippo, a hyena and a Cape buffalo. Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 9:14

Kikimalou wrote:
Long twisted horns. Laughing Really funny ! Everybody knows here that I'm not a Schleich worshipper but I know Schleich is able to do long twisted horns... Because the Schleich sculptors, engineers are as good as the others. If Papo or Safari can, Schleich can. So they are able to make the chubbiest twisted horns of the toys world cheers Why Schleich lovers have a doubt about this is still a mistery for me Suspect
That's what I said on the other forum, of course Schleich can make long twisted horns. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 12:48

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Well, i would like to see this black leopard calf??? question Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes affraid
this would be a great crypto-item too! cheers Wink
Or would i like a gaur-cub... Rolling Eyes
Very Happy Ah, OK, let it be black leopard puppy. Cool Or maybe leopard kid, what is right? Not leopard chick, in any case.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 12:52

HKHollinstone wrote:
That's what I said on the other forum, of course Schleich can make long twisted horns. bounce
I don't object that Schleich CAN make long twisted horns. They had made it in the past.
The question is - WILL Schleich make long twisted horns again?
As we all know, they changed their production and marketing strategy after the acquisition, so we can't look for examples older than 4-5 years.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 13:08

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
I don't object that Schleich CAN make long twisted horns. They had made it in the past.
The question is - WILL Schleich make long twisted horns again?
As we all know, they changed their production and marketing strategy after the acquisition, so we can't look for examples older than 4-5 years.

Kirill, I apologize but you are not alone. It's not the first time I read something about long and twisted horns...

And of course Schleich CAN, they are able to produce a new deer this year and it is at least as uneasy as twisted horns. IMHO, they don't make twisted horns because... They don't produce animals with twisted horns rendeer
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 13:27

Kikimalou wrote:
Kirill, it's uneasy to reply you because my post is a unique answer and you are cuting it like a sausage. Wink
That's my nature of a magazine editor, can do nothing with it! :)

Kikimalou wrote:
Now, let's talk about gaurs and other muntjacks. How can you think Schleich would produce such models if they already think that a striped antelope or a hyena are "less appealing" models. I'm sorry but a striped antelope is more known than a gaur or a muntjack. So if you think they can't do a kudu or bongo, you must admit they would not make a muntjak or a gaur.
Here you are self-contradictory. You've admitted that having "less appealing" animals may be important at the checkout, not a "mom-dad-baby" set but only one model. That's the reason why Schleich may consider gaurs and other muntjaks appealing in the marketing sense of word.
As to the hyenas and other kudus, they also could attract attention at checkouts, but Schleich is already offering 44 African figures! How much can they expand this lineup? Up to 60 or 70? There'll be not enough place for them at the checkout :)
Up to 50? Than I'd expect Schleich, first of all, make those nine African figures I mentioned above, and we'll have about 50 (minus some retired ones).

Kikimalou wrote:
3 years African dominance ? Are you sure it is not a 9 years African dominance ? Or maybe a forever dominance ?
Wait a minute... I've been talking about the end of African dominance only among the newly introduced figures, not on the shelves. This thread's topic is called "Schleich-2011", and not "Philosophical sanctions on the whole Schleich lineup" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
How can you speak about an Asian invasion ? 8 models and between 4 or 6 species would not be an invasion... The shelves were still under the African savannah rule!
Have you ever seen Schleich introduce 4-6 new Asian species in one year? Or 8 new Asian models in a year (not counting those notorious white tigers)?
Yes, if we'll see 8 new Asian models in 2011, I will call it Asian invasion Wink
Notwithstanding that the shelves would be still invaded by African savannah.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 13:59

Very Happy First, what I can agree with

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
How can you speak about an Asian invasion ? 8 models and between 4 or 6 species would not be an invasion... The shelves were still under the African savannah rule!
Have you ever seen Schleich introduce 4-6 new Asian species in one year? Or 8 new Asian models in a year (not counting those notorious white tigers)?
Yes, if we'll see 8 new Asian models in 2011, I will call it Asian invasion Wink
Notwithstanding that the shelves would be still invaded by African savannah.

Ok you can call it an invasion and I can call it a few Asian animals Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 14:28

What I don't agree Laughing

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
That's my nature of a magazine editor, can do nothing with it! :)

Ok but if you cut half of my thought it is an hemiplegic discussion.

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Here you are self-contradictory. You've admitted that having "less appealing" animals may be important at the checkout, not a "mom-dad-baby" set but only one model. That's the reason why Schleich may consider gaurs and other muntjaks appealing in the marketing sense of word.
As to the hyenas and other kudus, they also could attract attention at checkouts, but Schleich is already offering 44 African figures! How much can they expand this lineup? Up to 60 or 70? There'll be not enough place for them at the checkout :)
Up to 50? Than I'd expect Schleich, first of all, make those nine African figures I mentioned above, and we'll have about 50 (minus some retired ones).

No Kirill, there is no contraditction here, read more carfully what I wrote. I was speaking about models that other majors companies already offered or that they will offer in 2011.
Striped antelope ? Safari and Papo.
Hyena ? Safari and Papo
Gorilla ? CollectA, Safari and Papo
Cape buffalo ? CollectA, Safari and Papo

Gaur ? Muntjak ? scratch scratch scratch There is no competition about those models, so they are not a plus if Schleich wants to be alone at the checkout.

Rarely seen or risky models are good arguments if you want to convince a Shopkeeper to place ALSO your products near the checkout. I think it is the CollectA strategy : Not the best models but several unique species.
I don't think the Schleich strategy is nowadays to convince someone to place ALSO the Schleich near the checkout. IMHO, Schleich strategy is to be ALONE at this place an to beat their competitor everywhere. Safari in USA and Papo in Europa.

How much can they expand this lineup ? They could extand that line-up with 9 more models... Or 17 more models. Where is the problem ? The problem is collectors want to see some Asiatic animals and Schleich wants to make money with animals models. African or Asian ? The answer doesn't change anything about the size of the displays near the checkout Wink .
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 15:00

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Wait a minute... I've been talking about the end of African dominance only among the newly introduced figures, not on the shelves. This thread's topic is called "Schleich-2011", and not "Philosophical sanctions on the whole Schleich lineup" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ok, if you want to speak about our thought on Schleich 2011 without thinking about the Schleich strategy... You just need to do one more wishlist and it's finished Sleep .

But you didn't do that... You wrote this

Kiryuha wrote:
Hi, everyone!
As I’ve already mentioned earlier, I’ve got a hypothesis about Schleich production plans that doesn’t come out of my mind. Of course, I may be totally wrong, but I’d like to discuss my guesswork with you. There’s pretty much of text, but the topic is very interesting. :)
This is what is boiling in my head. Needless to say that my thoughts might be misguided, but I find my guesses quite rational :) Nevertheless, only a few months or even weeks are left until we know the truth.
I’d appreciate your opinions about my hypothesis, friends.

And that's what I do since this post Very Happy

I agree we are talking about your hypothesis of the end of the African dominance among the newly introduced figures.
And my question is the same : 3 years African dominance ? Are you sure it is not a 9 years African dominance ? Or maybe a forever dominance ?
Do you remember when Schleich began the African dominance among new figures ? Only three years ago, or six, nine, or maybe since the 1990's ?
How many Asian species did we ever seen ? Orang-utans, Indian rhinos, elephants, tigers, giant pandas, gharial, Bactrian camels and now yak and tapir. nine species... For the last ten years.
That's why I don't agree with the end of the African three-yearly planning hypothesis.
Maybe we will see the orang-utan family, the Indian rhino with calf, a tapir calf, a peacok and peafowl but not because Schleich will open a three-yearly Asian dominance. I guess it might be because those models have already some competitors among the other Majors.

we don't know which models will be on the 2011 shelves, the answer is in the factories now I guess. It doesn't matter. What I like in this topic is we discuss the way we are seeing things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 15:13

Kikimalou wrote:
...Rarely seen or risky models are good arguments if you want to convince a Shopkeeper to place ALSO your products near the checkout. I think it is the CollectA strategy : Not the best models but several unique species.
I don't think the Schleich strategy is nowadays to convince someone to place ALSO the Schleich near the checkout. IMHO, Schleich strategy is to be ALONE at this place an to beat their competitor everywhere.
That's the killing argument, by the way! No kidding. I must think it over.

Kikimalou wrote:
How much can they expand this lineup ? They could extand that line-up with 9 more models... Or 17 more models. Where is the problem ? ...The answer doesn't change anything about the size of the displays near the checkout Wink .
Nevertheless, Schleich has branded store shelves and racks, and they are limited in space. If there is a place for, say, 80 wild animal figures, could 70 of them be African? It'll be a striking disproportion.

Kikimalou wrote:
Ok but if you cut half of my thought it is an hemiplegic discussion.
Oops, what does mean hemiplegic?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010 - 15:33

Kiryuha wrote:
Oops, what does mean hemiplegic?
Isn't it a type of migraine/Headache?
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next