Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Species identification topic

Go down 
+61
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
Hippocollector
Shanti
George
Joliezac
Jill
75senta75
Stripedhyena
Birdsage
pipsxlch
Mitsukuni
Pepi
Roy-Swetsie
WILLYBACOMAN
Bonnie
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
costicuba
RtasVadumee
Steve170
Giulia
Advicot
spacelab
landrover
Caracal
Megaptera
Dutch Bear
Pardofelis
halichoeres
barracudacat
Jolinem
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
Logan'sArk
NightLioness
Silver Unicornis
jarda
sbell
arafan
Tarunyada
QuollMate
EmperorDinobot
Bonobo
widukind
elephas_maximus
Kikimalou
DaveScriv
LeeAnn
NandO
Roger
Dorkan
stef1000
Taos
Dr.Narayanan
krista
Tiermann
SUSANNE
Katty
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 6:34 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
What is the red angelfish-like fish by Bullyland. Seen here, third from the left on the bottom.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's not actually linked on that Bullyland page

I never found a good match

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 5:44 pm

I bought this set of Kenner Fish for the purple shore crab (!!!). Any idea what the angelfish is????  Thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EDIT: I think I may have an ID: majestic angelfish (Pomacanthus navarchus)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 7:25 pm

I think you're right, (Pomacanthus navarchus) seems to be the best option. It is just marketed as an angelfish and I'm not sure they were after a specific species.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 7:44 pm

Yes, i think the same. I think this for sure. Any time ago i had posted topics about this figure.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 12:37 pm

Does anyone know what the three sharks in one of the capsules are? Two whale sharks (juveniles???) and a ... Perhaps the Japanese text tells us but I can't read Japanese.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 12:55 pm

Whale sharks! Very Happy Which specific text are you referring too?

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 1:02 pm

The rightmost ball at the bottom. There are 3 sharks. I thought one wasn't a whale shark, but perhaps it is.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 1:16 pm

You'll see why I asked which specific text.
What reads above the ball with the sharks is "Large Tank of "The Kuroshio Sea"

Edit: I missed the text under the ball at the bottom left. It reads "Whale shark"

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 1:49 pm

I would b happy to know how your read Japanese text on a Jpeg Rogério Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 1:54 pm

Oh, I will tell you my secret, it is very useful.
I use the Google app in my phone.
I choose the option "Search with the camera" and I put it on translate mode.
It detects the text and the language and shows a translation. Try it, you will enjoy. cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 1:59 pm

Thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 2:05 pm

I use the Google translate app on my phone and hold it up to the computer screen too! LOL
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 10:02 pm

Thank you, I'll try the mobile phone trick too.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 5:42 am

I am hopeless with frog IDs. I know the basics bit the nuances are lost on me. Any thoughts on species? I have ideas on blue poison, mint poison, mantella?, dyeing (2 versions?)...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 1:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I would b happy to know how your read Japanese text on a Jpeg Rogério Applause

study study

Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 am

I have a question that I would like you to help me solve. I have 3 toob safari tigers of different toob. It is clear that every animal toy brand does not think about the subspecies and the tiger is always based In the Bengal tiger since it is the most common and well-known species, but in this case I would like to know if this model is based on the Bengal tiger even if it comes in a different toob or can be Consider another subspecies of tiger the Bengal tiger says in the safari endangered species toob but looking closely the model is based on the Bengal tiger or the other two Could they be some other subspecies of tiger?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 10:19 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I am hopeless with frog IDs. I know the basics bit the nuances are lost on me. Any thoughts on species? I have ideas on blue poison, mint poison, mantella?, dyeing (2 versions?)...

I would say

1 bad Green and black poison dart frog
2 bad Blue poison dart frog or very very bad Yellow spotted climbing toad
3 Need more pics and investigation (bad Brilliant-thighed Poison Frog ? bad Boquete rocket frog ? something else ?)
4 Dyeing dart frogs
5 Blue poison dart frog
6 probably bad Green and black poison dart frog or very bad Ranitomeya fantastica morph
7 Golden mantella or Golden toad
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 12:05 am

Thank you Kiki. I concur on the species more common, I will have to look up the others you mention.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 12:31 am

Leoo Past wrote:
I have a question that I would like you to help me solve. I have 3 toob safari tigers of different toob. It is clear that every animal toy brand does not think about the subspecies and the tiger is always based In the Bengal tiger since it is the most common and well-known species, but in this case I would like to know if this model is based on the Bengal tiger even if it comes in a different toob or can be Consider another subspecies of tiger the Bengal tiger says in the safari endangered species toob but looking closely the model is based on the Bengal tiger or the other two Could they be some other subspecies of tiger?[

Unlikely, I'm sure they're just generic tiger figures. It is hard to tell if these figures represent a certain subspecies, unless it is noted by the company.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2023 5:59 pm

I got this (hardrubber) duck? figure - but i can not find out the specie? Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2023 6:18 pm

Probably not identifiable, sorry. Blue-billed ducks are usually in the genera Aythya or Oxyura (among others), but none (that I am aware of) have green heads. Green heads usually imply mallard, but nothing else here says mallard. There are rare morphs of mallard with blue bills but I doubt that was intended here. Probably generically painted.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:01 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Probably not identifiable, sorry. Blue-billed ducks are usually in the genera Aythya or Oxyura (among others), but none (that I am aware of) have green heads. Green heads usually imply mallard, but nothing else here says mallard. There are rare morphs of mallard with blue bills but I doubt that was intended here. Probably generically painted.

Thank you, exactly the problem. A good looking fugure but a phantasy coloration.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 12:23 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Thank you, exactly the problem. A good looking fugure but a phantasy coloration.

Blaine might be right but I wouldn't give up since there are lots of duck species and considering the breeding season plumage more the sexual dimorphism and a few more variants, it is possible that some species will match your figure. I honestly checked almost every species with blue bills and I also didn't find anything similar.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 4:52 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Blaine might be right but I wouldn't give up since there are lots of duck species and considering the breeding season plumage more the sexual dimorphism and a few more variants, it is possible that some species will match your figure. I honestly checked almost every species with blue bills and I also didn't find anything similar.

Thanks, but ihave no hope There is not a similar match in the lynx book birds.

Back to top Go down
Roy-Swetsie

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 6:37 am

I have these two fish in my body’s box, waiting to be repainted. Has anyone an idea about species?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   zebra - Species identification topic - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Species identification topic
Page 35 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next