Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)

Go down 
+47
Advicot
spacelab
Caracal
RtasVadumee
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
Bowhead Whale
zirkoon
costicuba
Tarunyada
NightLioness
TheLastStardust
docronnie
Zelvik
koniminiatures
Taos
JonasV
ulinuk
AlvinCK
Noémi
almisi43
Ana
Chris Sweetman
Kikimalou
Rio
Taylcoel
sortepletter
lucky luke
PeGe
ken yeo
Yurumi
Joan Milelire
landrover
Kristie
castlerigg
75senta75
Seijun
widukind
MartinH
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
weaselfan93
Roger
SUSANNE
Sumo
Elros Alvar
SeanieP
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Reisler and clairet (I think), Westie shows the size :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Reisler`s rhino is app 55 years old :

Clairet`s is old also :

Brunnen, - not so old Wink

castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Lovely to see so many interesting rhino models!

There are a lot of Rhinos lurking in the dark corners of the Ark. We have dragged out the Great Indians and will post pics of the Africans in a few days time when we have rounded them all up.

Old metal Rhinos. Left to right: Timpo; Charbens; Britains Young Rhino; Britains Baby Rhino.

Britains Ltd. made a bigger Great Indian Rhino in metal. They used the same mould when they started up plastic production. This is the plastic version.

Pfeiffer were selling composition Rhinos from this mould in their Tipple-Topple Zoo range as long ago as 1914.

Hausser's Elastolin composition Rhino was, as usual, bigger than the Tipple-Topple specimen, and to make it more impressive, they gave it two horns!

More composition Rhinos. Lineol made the warty one on the left in the 1920's. The other was made by a firm called Apel.

Plastic Rhinos. AAA made this big, brutal-looking adult and baby, painted in a shade of dirty green. (This baby has been repainted brown.)

The Schleich family is much more attractive!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:07 pm

So many treasures, - as always you have gorgeous oldies "en masse" ! WOW!!! Shocked

I LOVE them all,
- the Pfeiffer rhino keeps calling my name, - Look at me! Look at me ! Am I gorgeous or... Cool ??? cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 pm

After all these beautiful pictures of very interesting figures here goes Roger's nightmare! Laughing

White rhinos from Mojo, Sol90, Papo and CollectA calf

Papo black rhino and Bullyland woolly rhino

Two brands that know what is an Indian rhino: Safari and Britains

Two brands that are not very interested in knowing what an Indian rhino is: China and Schleich! geek

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 pm

The only rhinos I have are the Schleich black rhinos. And we all know what they look like so I'll spare you the photos. lol.

I must say that I am now in love with the Britains Indian Rhino. I must find one!

I love everyones photos! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Wow Wow Wow Wow. seriously. So many awesome models.

Susanne, I love the Reisler and the Clairet. Beautiful.

Sue and Lesley, what an amazing amazing collection. The Pfeiffer is gorgeous, as are all the others.

Roger (and Sue and Lesley too), like Kristie I absolutely love the Britains Indian Rhino. I've been wanting to find one for a while.

Thank you for the photos and congratulations on these fantastic collections.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:01 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Wow Wow Wow Wow. seriously. So many awesome models.

Susanne, I love the Reisler and the Clairet. Beautiful.

Sue and Lesley, what an amazing amazing collection. The Pfeiffer is gorgeous, as are all the others.

Roger (and Sue and Lesley too), like Kristie I absolutely love the Britains Indian Rhino. I've been wanting to find one for a while.

Thank you for the photos and congratulations on these fantastic collections.

I started collecting Britains because of the quality of the Indian rhino! Very Happy
In this very interesting topic we see that the brands gave very different solutions, styles, sculptings, colors, for many rhinos. Among Indian rhinos there's even one with 2 horns as Sue and Lesley pointed. It is very enjoyable to see all these different figures, mainly Reisler alien and, suddenly, among all these vintages, an Indian rhino that looks like a real Indian rhino. Sue and Lesley picture gives it a lot of justice! I must say that the top and the bottom of the figure are also very nicely sculpted, I love the skin folding, general proportions and even the size once it is a 1:32 scale figure! Very Happy I must also say that Safari Indian rhino is a very dignified successor! cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:07 am

Many rhinoes here:

SUSANNE: Safari indian rhino is splendid.

SCOTT: very nice collection specially the starlux Rhino or wooly rhino, his color is very rare.

HARRIET: Your pictures are always very striking, I like very much your first picture.

75SENTA75:Congratulations,great lots and you have big Bullyland, he is in my list for a long time.

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:58 am

castlerigg wrote:

Old metal Rhinos. Left to right: Timpo; Charbens; Britains Young Rhino; Britains Baby Rhino.

Britains Ltd. made a bigger Great Indian Rhino in metal. They used the same mould when they started up plastic production. This is the plastic version.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Thanks for sharing flower flower and gift us,The history of rhinos. near of one hundred years of this figures.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:36 am

Everyone's Rhino collections are amazing! So many lovely models and some I'd never seen before. cheers cheers
scot(t) wrote:
Harriet, those are lovely pictures and I love the collection. The Britains are wonderful!! drunken I also like the Bullyland Dulexe a lot and love the Lineol! Marvelous collection!
Thank you Scott! The Bullyland Deluxe is a great model and a nice size for for instance Schleich zebras, they're roughly in scale with one another.

SeanieP wrote:
Harriet, I am suprised you do not have any white rhinos! Shocked
I know! Safari ltd is out of my reach here and I haven't come to buy the Mojo one yet.

scot(t) wrote:
Harriet, would it be possible to see a picture of the Lineol by itself? (You probably have one on your blog; I should look there first I guess. UPDATE: I just went and re-discovered the post on your restoring that model. You did such a wonderful job!! It looks amazing!).
Thank you Scott flower
Did you use the search box to find the rhino? I added it quite recently and I'm interested to know if it works.

landrover wrote:
HARRIET: Your pictures are always very striking, I like very much your first picture.
Thank you very much Fernando flower flower

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:48 am

castlerigg wrote:

I have the same wooden box as you have! Isn't that funny. I have a small obsession with old wooden boxes and chests.

I love the older Schleich indian rhino, he's wonderful! He's nicer than the new version I think, the new version looks a bit stiff.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:25 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Susanne, aren't the old and new Papo rhino calves the same? scratch Wink

Here they are, - an example of Papo`s famous recycling of moulds Laughing Laughing

Laughing Sleep
Thanks Susanne, African rhino calves are indeed similar so they didn't wanted to make a new sculpt. If they make an Indian rhino in future I hope they donnot use the same figure once differences are more noticiable. :) Great pic! flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:35 am

Roger wrote:

Thanks Susanne, African rhino calves are indeed similar so they didn't wanted to make a new sculpt. If they make an Indian rhino in future I hope they donnot use the same figure once differences are more noticiable. :) Great pic! flower

Laughing Laughing It would not surprise me if they DID use the calf a 3rd time Very Happy
They could perhaps glue some folds on the skin ? geek scratch lol!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 am

Some more alien

Schleich, the large Classics 14005 from 1982 - 88 Very Happy

The cutest little much-loved Safari baby that I got with some other stuff. I hope to find her mom some day Shocked

The newer version of the Safari Authentics, - again, I hope - to get the old version some day Laughing

A beautyful little CHINA fellow, which I got from a dear friend Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:15 am

my rhinos:

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Here are mine:

Diceros bicornis (schleich)

Diceros bicornis (papo)

Rhinoceros unicornis

Dicerorhinus sumatrensis

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Oooooh !!!! affraid
How could I forget the WONDERFUL Dicerorhinus sumatrensis Joansuperus ? affraid bounce cheers
He stands here right next to me on my VIP-shelf alien Very Happy

Beautyful pictures, Joan flower

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:50 pm

I also nearly forgot Corky Shocked drunken

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Oooooh !!!! affraid
How could I forget the WONDERFUL Dicerorhinus sumatrensis Joansuperus ? affraid bounce cheers
He stands here right next to me on my VIP-shelf alien Very Happy

Beautyful pictures, Joan flower

Laughing Laughing Laughing thank you Susanne :)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 pm

We love this topic! Roger is right; with everyone's pics, we can look at a whole century of model Rhinos. Some are sculpted to the highest standard, even though they were made to be used as toys.

Here are our African Rhinos.

By the 1950's, Lineol and Pfeiffer had deleted their Great Indian Rhinos and replaced them with Africans. Lineol's were magnificent ...

... but Pfeiffer's were fat and grumpy.

And now the plastics:- Britains on the left, and Papo on the right.

Safari Black Rhinos.

Schleich White Rhino family.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:19 pm

BTW I repainted the eyes of my Papo rhino, the red-orange ones looks strange to me :)

Back to top Go down
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
Here are mine:

Dicerorhinus sumatrensis

Who made this figure? Sumatran rhinos are my fav!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Seijun wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:
Here are mine:

Dicerorhinus sumatrensis

Who made this figure? Sumatran rhinos are my fav!

Joan alias Abu Rai is the artist sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Very nice!

Here is my Rhino collection:
The little Indian rhino is made by Funrise.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:27 pm

The Missing Link wooly rhino   cheers

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next