Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)

Go down 
+47
Advicot
spacelab
Caracal
RtasVadumee
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
Bowhead Whale
zirkoon
costicuba
Tarunyada
NightLioness
TheLastStardust
docronnie
Zelvik
koniminiatures
Taos
JonasV
ulinuk
AlvinCK
Noémi
almisi43
Ana
Chris Sweetman
Kikimalou
Rio
Taylcoel
sortepletter
lucky luke
PeGe
ken yeo
Yurumi
Joan Milelire
landrover
Kristie
castlerigg
75senta75
Seijun
widukind
MartinH
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
weaselfan93
Roger
SUSANNE
Sumo
Elros Alvar
SeanieP
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:03 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrrgh affraid I faint Shocked pale

A long time later....now I woke up again. Shocked I have to take a second look Shocked

YESSSS!!! It is right !!!! The Missing Link wooly rhino bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce cheers sunny cheers

In that case it is probably good that I did not put both in there. You might not have woken up!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:24 pm

You have TWO Shocked Shocked Shocked
( now I cry Sad )

Wink

Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Wonderful Rhinos from old to new and big to small, my friends, all absolutely amazing cheers sunny cheers

This is my modest Rhino collection yet:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

White Rhinos:

Black Rhinos:

Sumatran Rhinos:
Yes yes, I know, Joans Sumatran Rhino is much better as my simply repainted model... tongue Wink Laughing

Javan Rhinos:

Indian Rhinos:

And some ambiguous Rhinos:
....I think we had above a discussion before, this is only my opinion. Wink drunken Laughing
You have fun Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:59 pm

castlerigg wrote:
We love this topic! Roger is right; with everyone's pics, we can look at a whole century of model Rhinos. Some are sculpted to the highest standard, even though they were made to be used as toys.

Here are our African Rhinos.

Thanks Sue and Lesley, not only for words but also for giving us so nice pictures of wonderful rhinos. flower flower
I am a huge enthusiast of the Lineol rhino although I never have seen it in real. I love the pose and the general sculpting is excelent as you pointed!
The Pfeifer is a very curious design. It is far from a realistic figure but it looks the sculptor wanted to give him some stylized lines according with the era it was released. study This and the story turns it in a very interesting piece.
I must find the Britains African rhino and only with your picture I noticed some subtile similarities with the Papo black rhino. The expression looks somewhat similar.
I hope not to look unelegant but I noticed that you exchanged the species between Safari and Schleich. Nothing important.
Anyway I must say that the large and long skull of the Schleich black rhinos are typical from white rhinos as it is the position of the ears in their head. So they mix a little the characteristics of both species. cheers flower flower

Ralf, I noticed that you posted your very modest rhino collections! I must check it carefully there's some unknown gens here! Congrats! Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:34 pm

[quote="Seijun"]Very nice!

Here is my Rhino collection:

I would like have two rhinos of left of this picture,Are magnific.

Congrats Seijun.

YURUMI:That a beautiful lot of rhinos,amazing collection

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:46 am

Seijun wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:
Here are mine:

Dicerorhinus sumatrensis

Who made this figure? Sumatran rhinos are my fav!

Yes, it's hand made by me. Some friends here in the forum have copies

Seijun wrote:
Very nice!

Here is my Rhino collection:

The most wanted! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 am

Beautiful collections!

Joan, your Papo rhino looks so much better with natural looking eyes, I think I shall do the same bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 am

Thank you, Roger! And thank you for pointing out our mistake. Little Old Ladies should not post on forums after celebrating a friend's birthday!!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:55 am

Phantastic Ralf!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Which brand are the javan rhinos!! scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 am

Joan, I love the painted eyes on the Papo Black Rhino. It is a noticeable improvement on a rhino that is already great. (And your custom Rhino is fantastic!)

Ralf, I love your collection. I also have two questions for you: (1) What brand is the Javan Rhino that is on the grassy platform? That's the most important question. Less pressing is this one: (2) Is the CollectA rhino one of the ambiguous rhinos? Just curious.

Pam, really great collection. Which of the wooly rhinos pictured is swoon-worthy rare one?

Once again, the Lineol Rhino and the Bullyland Deluxe continue to impress me. I'm feeling like my soul is incomplete without them.

Last edited by scot(t) on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 am

castlerigg wrote:
We love this topic! Roger is right; with everyone's pics, we can look at a whole century of model Rhinos. Some are sculpted to the highest standard, even though they were made to be used as toys.

Here are our African Rhinos.

By the 1950's, Lineol and Pfeiffer had deleted their Great Indian Rhinos and replaced them with Africans. Lineol's were magnificent ...

... but Pfeiffer's were fat and grumpy.

And now the plastics:- Britains on the left, and Papo on the right.

Safari Black Rhinos.

Schleich White Rhino family.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Phantastic rhinos!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
BTW I repainted the eyes of my Papo rhino, the red-orange ones looks strange to me :)

I did the same thing :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:40 pm

scot(t) wrote:

Seijun, really great collection. Which of the wooly rhinos pictured is swoon-worthy rare one?

Left side, back row. The Safari Missing Links Wooly Rhino
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 pm

castlerigg wrote:
Thank you, Roger! And thank you for pointing out our mistake. Little Old Ladies should not post on forums after celebrating a friend's birthday!!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Laughing flower Laughing flower
More celebrations! ... bounce More celebrations! ... bounce More celebrations! bounce Laughing
Youre welcome, your posts are a huge pleasure to read and a kind of encyclopedia for a not too young but unexperienced collector like me! Very Happy cheers

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Speechless! Wooly Rhinos from Bullyland is on my list.

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Seijun wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Seijun, really great collection. Which of the wooly rhinos pictured is swoon-worthy rare one?

Left side, back row. The Safari Missing Links Wooly Rhino

Thank you Pam!

Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:41 am

widukind wrote:

scot(t) wrote:

Ralf, I love your collection. I also have two questions for you: (1) What brand is the Javan Rhino that is on the grassy platform? That's the most important question.

The one with the grassy platform is of artificial stone of the manufacturer Country Artists, the other two of Bullyland. Wink Very Happy

scot(t) wrote:

Ralf Less pressing is this one: (2) Is the CollectA rhino one of the ambiguous rhinos? Just curious.

The mouth of the models are kind of a mix of White Rhino and Black Rhino. I've come across a photo comparison, I must seek times. As I said, my opinion. Wink

Many thanks dear friends sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Yurumi wrote:
widukind wrote:

scot(t) wrote:

Ralf, I love your collection. I also have two questions for you: (1) What brand is the Javan Rhino that is on the grassy platform? That's the most important question.

The one with the grassy platform is of artificial stone of the manufacturer Country Artists, the other two of Bullyland. Wink Very Happy

scot(t) wrote:

Ralf Less pressing is this one: (2) Is the CollectA rhino one of the ambiguous rhinos? Just curious.

The mouth of the models are kind of a mix of White Rhino and Black Rhino. I've come across a photo comparison, I must seek times. As I said, my opinion. Wink

Many thanks dear friends sunny Very Happy

Thank you Ralf Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:30 pm

rhinos,..nice idea!
unfortunately i was too lazy to take them out, so my flashlight made some crappy effects,..
and some other animals wanted to be rhinos too,...

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Even though I am a collector of African wildlife, I really love the Safari Indian Rhino, followed by the Britian and Schleich.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:28 am

Lovely collection Philipp! What brand is the big Indian rhino in the middle?

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:09 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Thank you.It's Bullyland but it's not an Indian but a javan Rhino, a "middle-not deluxe-size".
Btw: i am a very big fan of the Bandai indian Rhino, although very small, it's second after Safari, close up with Britains.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:44 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

Uhhh, why do everybody have, only not me Suspect Mad Mad

Wink Laughing Laughing

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:11 am

PeGe wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Thank you.It's Bullyland but it's not an Indian but a javan Rhino, a "middle-not deluxe-size".
Btw: i am a very big fan of the Bandai indian Rhino, although very small, it's second after Safari, close up with Britains.
Thanks for the info Philipp, oops! A Javan Rhino, I'm always getting those two muddled up. They look so similar.
Oh yes, those Bandai are amazing, I'm beginning to like this brand more and more if only I could get those red pandas drunken

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Uhhh, why do everybody have, only not me Suspect Mad Mad

Wink Laughing Laughing
It's not only you, I don't have one either Laughing

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 am

thank you guys!, queen king farao jocolor geek afro cheers cheers cheers
all these beautiful old models often Rhinoceros facinent me, by their beauties bounce drunken cyclops Cool sunny

Here is my Rhinos ....! scratch rendeer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ......... 11 study lol!

Follow the guide .................. bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)   rhinos - Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us Yours: Rhinos! (Aug 2012)
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next