Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator

Go down 
+13
Ana
Bruno C Monteiro
MartinH
trevok4
Metallisuchus
Sumo
Taylcoel
Menphis
K907
SUSANNE
TugaHunter
Wildheart
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Menphis

Menphis

Country/State : spain

Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:39 am

Roger wrote:
Menphis wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Menphis wrote:

I dont collect Safari Either hahahha

Miguel has ALL the Carnegie dinoes lol! lol! lol!

Concavenator is a spanish dino, yuhuuuuu lol!

I know another Spanish dinosaur even more known than el cazador de Cuenca, or Cuencavenator, it is known for hunting elephants but I can't remember his name, could it be JuanCarlos-Rex? scratch scratch affraid king

hahahaha
Juancarsaurius proboscideosraptor lol!

Menphis

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:45 am

I love the concavenator from collecta
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:37 am

ana wrote:
Sumo wrote:
... and I'm wondering whether you're very flexible or if your arms are extremely long. Me, I'm so stiff I can barely touch my knees while standing up - never mind the ground! Embarassed

Obviously my arms are longer, I checked today, twice as long as as my husband's arms Shocked He never considered it strange but after we checked it......... oh well, I hope he will not think that I'm ugly Shocked No pale geek

Laughing Laughing I love you
Ana, is not a surprise that I can also walk with my hands touching the floor, but because your lovely craziness I also decided to check my arms, I am surprised how short they are, my left arm is as short as my right arm... I also never considered it before... :scratch... I hope my wife will not think I'm boringly symmetrical! affraid geek Wink

Menphis wrote:

Miguel, I don't collect dinosaurs but I also love CollectA concavenator and thanks for remembering the name of the other famous Spanish dino! Laughing king

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:34 am

Menphis wrote:

hahahaha
Juancarsaurius proboscideosraptor lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Where is Willy ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 am

Menphis wrote:

COLLECTA has a better pose but CARNEGIE seems better finished. It's the curse of CARNEGIE, a Serious work on model accuracy counterbalanced by an absolutely inaccurate tripod pose. I would like CARNEGIE would help COLLECTA to make more accurate dinos and COLLECTA would help CARNEGIE to make bipedal standing dinos Laughing
Back to top Go down
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:04 am

The pose is not absolutely inaccurate. If a theropod with a long tail like that were to rear upwards, its tail would naturally angle down towards the ground, where the tail tip would touch. Like someone else said, that pose would probably be uncomfortable and the dinosaur would not be able to hold it, but its certainly possible and therefor not inaccurate.

I will always love tripod over biped. Bipeds are often given ugly oversized feet to help them stand. Sometimes the figure won't stand anyway due to the legs being warped, which happens very easily. Bipeds are also not very nice from a play-perspective. A biped will not stand up on carpet even if it is very stable on a flat surface. Tripods on the other hand, will usually stand even if the legs are warped. They will stand on carpets, uneven surfaces, and non-level surfaces, which even the most well-made bipeds cannot do. Unlike a biped, they wont topple over at the slightest bump. My bipeds are always falling and knocking over the dinosaurs next to them. The few bipeds I own will live out most of their life laying on their sides, or leaning against a quadruped so they don't fall over and hurt themselves or others.

Regarding the concav, I wrote this on DTF: "I think the concav is beautiful, and I dont mind the tripod stance, but I am now officially VERY tired of that overall pose: standing still, head lifted, tilted to one side, mouth gaping. Why not try closing the mouth? Putting the head down? Changing the position of the legs?"

Regarding the concav's tripod stance, I personally prefer tripods the way battat made them, by bending the end of the tail sharply down. I know THIS was inaccurate in real dinosaurs unless the tail was broken, but it allows the toy dinosaur to resume a more natural horizontal body position. If the bent tail is enough of a problem for someone, they can easy straiten it with hot water. Oversized feet (like with the safari acro) or oddly angled bodies (like with this carnegie concav) are both difficult or impossible to fix.
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:42 pm

I think it looks fantastic! I don't mind the pose at all...I can't stand oversized feet Mad

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:29 pm

If you thibk the posture is not accurate, you have to remember that toy manufacturers do it for BALANCE purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator   Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preview of 2013 Carnegie Concavenator
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2