Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)

Go down 
+60
sbell
TheSpottedCat
under-water
Taos
Wilorvise
costicuba
landrover
Saien
Dum_my
shadoweon
pipsxlch
Tarunyada
NightLioness
sauroid
SUSANNE
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Kikimalou
Carola
LeeAnn
pm64
NandO
sadie3112
SpiralStrix
TheLastStardust
Tiermann
75senta75
Niki2811
orcagirl26
Shanti
Geospiza fortis
ulinuk
Tylosaurus
Bloodrayne
Florian
A-J
koniminiatures
trevok4
arafan
AlopexLagopus
GoldEagle
Jadey1988
lucky luke
Chris Sweetman
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
AlvinCK
skysthelimit
weaselfan93
Dr.Narayanan
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
animalluvr6
ken yeo
MartinH
Elros Alvar
Ana
Kristie
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 am

I love the platypus, it looks always so realistic and the size is not a problem for such a flat animal. Very Happy
I think this time that the reason why Schleich changed the size of their dogs is not related with saving money in production. They have barns, human figures, horses, accessories, everything roughly in 1:20 scale, why their dogs needed to be in 1:12 scale. They were to big to farm series and sized for doll houses. I understand everyone loved the larger size, but these new work much better with other Schleich products. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:50 am

I never would have thought of that, thank you for the info Roger. And yes the Platypus is pretty big, but it makes up for it with detail. The only I don't like about it is that the underside is shiny, which is a little strange to me.scratch 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I never would have thought of that, thank you for the info Roger. And yes the Platypus is pretty big, but it makes up for it with detail. The only I don't like about it is that the underside is shiny, which is a little strange to me.scratch 

Brands are not very careful with the less visible parts of their figures. Some Papo figures, even among some brilliantly sculpted, have shapeless paws or very poor undersides. I think the shiny painting on a platypus underside can give a wet looking that fitt very well with this animal! Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 am

Ok, firstly excuse the general lack of pictures before this. I was frustrated with photobucket for several reasons and deleted and deserted my account in an attempt to find a website for pics I liked better. After that brief excursion into the middle of nowhere with that I have decided to faithfully return to it (even with how much it bothers me) because no other website has been to my liking, so I will be reposting my pictures in their old posts in the next week or so.

Much more importantly, I have gotten several great newcomers, so here they are.
My breyers. These are all older vintage models and here's the story. My family went to visit my older sister and her family the past week and I ran into some great antique shops. My favorite one was in an old garage style building with 7 rooms filled with literally rows, shelves, staircases etc. full beyond the brim of really neat old vintage stuff. Well, to my great surprise and excitement I saw a whole box of breyers sort of thrown in the back corner and I made my mom buy some of them because I fell in love. I don't know much about older breyers, so when I got home I looked on ebay for the models I got and most of them were selling for close to 50$ to over 100-150$ bucks and all of these were only 20$ or less. They aren't in the best condition and I had to clean them up a little, but I love them. There is an Arabian, the black stallion (I have a newer version of the same literary character) an appaloosa and a no breed palomino.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And the rest in general. The first pic is of AAA's, a plaho (I think), safari, Schleich, and a few customs of some cheap figures. The second is of my new Japanese figures form Kaiyodo. All of these came from either trades with some great new friends or garage type sales.
Thanks for viewing!

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 am

So many beautieful newcomers!! Big congratulations!!cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

What brand are the lizards? study 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am

Great additions cheers , you were lucky to find such fine models in the antique store.
congrats!!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:12 pm

The lizards were a very cheap "1$ store" brand, I don't remember. For some reason they had two little holes in their belly, so I filled them with clay and then repainted them into a newt/salamander, and a green anole. Thank you guys for your comments!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:36 pm

they are gorgeous Paige. :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Lovely additions! That crocodilian fellow, and mmm, Kaiyodos...

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:19 am

That is Safari's Deinosuchus. He's pretty big, but I love him. Thanks. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:37 am

I am ever so bad at this. Deinosuchus, thank you! This must be the fifth or sixth thread I pollute with by going "that is one strapping alligator/boa/toad" at random caimans, vipers and frogs in. Still, I do like the Deinosuchus very much, and am grateful for the correction.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:04 am

Congrats Paige!

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:30 am

Congrats paige, very nice addition (ʃƪˆ▽ˆ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you everyone! @Koniminiatures: Don't worry about it. I have trouble remembering species as well, even extent ones at times. And I like dinos, they are very interesting and intriguing to me, but I cannot remember all of them, so I resign myself to remembering the few I really like. Wink 

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok, so I have gotten a few new additions recently, but I have to go to school, so if I remember I will post a pic when I get back. Stay tuned!:) 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Ok, so I have gotten a few new additions recently, but I have to go to school, so if I remember I will post a pic when I get back. Stay tuned!:) 
Are you already back from school? study Hurry... my batteries are already running out. Sleep Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:37 am

Ok, sorry for the wait Roger, but school takes up the majority of my day. Anyways, This is a TM elephant, safari birds, and a Breyer Rendition of Man O' War. I also have this model as Joey from War Horse, just a little spiffed up version.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:04 am

Paige, congratulations for these new figures, I love all these birds specially! Very Happy
Thanks for finding a little time to share them with us. Remember that school is always first, i doesn't matter how long you take to show your figures, we'll be here to enjoy them. flower

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:39 am

Great Safari Birds Paige! I love the California Condor. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:11 am

Great newcomers:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks you guys, I'm trying to improve my bird species diversity in my collection. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok, so I have some customs that I have finished recently, but a few I need to touch up that I would like to share here. I also got recently some wonderful new figures from wonderful people on the forum, so my plan is to take pics at least by this weekend if things go well. I might be going to a place where I can get a few newbies on Saturday too, so an update might wait until Sunday, but please stay tuned. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Ok, here is a compilation of my new additions and customs:
A pair of Schleich custom fighting stallions, A female kudu some customed dogs (yes I realize that they are all red variants), a  white stallion customed after the Lone Ranger's Silver, a buckskin horse, some Schleich 2013 chimps, two Bullyland brand cats (leopard cub and black cat), and lastly my crown achievements, the White tiger cub playing from Schleich, a customed cobra, a customed black buffalo calf from the Schleich Holstein calf, and the loooooong sought after wild dog pup form Safari.

So, I would like to thank once again those who helped me get these awesome new additions Scott and Svenja (Maja-Maus) for their help! I really do appreciate it and I will be eternally grateful. Very Happy

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Oh, and I got this little guy from my local friendly CAL-Ranch store manager whom I have become quite close friends with since I kept special ordering figures from him. Laughing  He said SChleich mailed it to him after he attended a showing, and he didn't want it and thought of me immediately. Nevertheless, it was very kind of him. Wink 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next