Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO

Go down 
+7
Ana
baltimore zoo
Kiryuha
Gabe
Suebeedo
remrock02
HKHollinstone
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO Empty
PostSubject: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 pm

I bought these Wednesday in ELC, they've just started selling Schleich, although they are expensive. I only bought these two, I was going to get the calf too, but it's cheaper buying online!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich Black Rhino Bull
Schleich Black Rhino Cow
And a few shots of all my Black Rhinos together...

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Nice additions. Good pictures, too. Congrats! cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 pm

remrock02 wrote:
Nice additions. Good pictures, too. Congrats! cheers
Thank you Larry! cheers
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Nice pictures indeed.
Which brand of your rhinos do you think is the most realistic?

What price were they asking in the store vs online?
I am interested to know what new prices in other countries are for the Schleich.

I just had to pay $2.99US for the baby ducks.

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Suebeedo wrote:
Nice pictures indeed.
Which brand of your rhinos do you think is the most realistic?

What price were they asking in the store vs online?
I am interested to know what new prices in other countries are for the Schleich.

I just had to pay $2.99US for the baby ducks.

flower ~ Sue
Thanks Sue Very Happy
I think the Papo Rhino is the most realistic, other than its orange eyes! I think the Schleich female Rhino comes second.

I bought the Rhinos for £4.75 each compared with online prices £3.95, the Rhino calf in ELC was £3.75 which I thought was a lot for such a small model, online £2.95 or £1.33 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:56 pm

wow i need to get the Schleich female rhino..

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:05 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I think the Papo Rhino is the most realistic, other than its orange eyes! I think the Schleich female Rhino comes second.
Hm, I like the Schleich bull the most. Don't you think it's realistic?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes, Papo rhino's the most realistic. Has a little better flow(movement) to it.
Just wish figure was larger, since Black rhino's are 10-12 feet long and can weigh up to 3500 lbs.!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
I think the Papo Rhino is the most realistic, other than its orange eyes!  I think the Schleich female Rhino comes second.  
I love the Schleich male Rhino, but it's too cute looking to be realistic, if you see what I mean!

Gabe wrote:
wow i need to get the Schleich female rhino..
I know, isn't she beautiful! cheers

baltimore zoo wrote:
Yes, Papo rhino's the most realistic. Has a little better flow(movement) to it.
Just wish figure was larger, since Black rhino's are 10-12 feet long and can weigh up to 3500 lbs.!
I agree, it's good all round, apart from it's eyes and size!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:25 am

You can always touch up the eyes with a little gray paint...
The Schleich rhinos have more of a "cartoony" look that's why they don't look as realistic..
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
You can always touch up the eyes with a little gray paint...
The Schleich rhinos have more of a "cartoony" look that's why they don't look as realistic..
Yes, I'm going to paint his eyes some time. Have you painted yours?

The Schleich male rhino definitely is a little cartoon like, but the female is quite realistic I think, she doesn't look cartoony to me.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 am

Congratulations for new rhinos! My favorite is Schleich 2010 rhino, I know it's too cute maybe but I love texture of it's skin. I like also Schleich rhino calf, do You have one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:17 am

Baby rhinos(Black, White and Indian) are definitely cute, but the figures of the adults need to be big bad majestic unstoppable tanks!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:22 pm

ana wrote:
Congratulations for new rhinos! My favorite is Schleich 2010 rhino, I know it's too cute maybe but I love texture of it's skin. I like also Schleich rhino calf, do You have one?
Thank you Ana sunny Yes the texture of the Schleich Rhino bull is lovely Very Happy  I really would like the Schleich rhino calf, but in the shops it was too expensive, so I'm waiting to get it online with another order.  It's soooo cute!!

baltimore zoo wrote:
Baby rhinos(Black, White and Indian) are definitely cute, but the figures of the adults need to be big bad majestic unstoppable tanks!
Yes, I agree with you.  They are Tanks, I was just looking at some pictures of them, they are so wide and solid, incredible creatures!
Papo's Rhino is certainly the winner of these four brands.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

... Laughing I think the both models is successful. I have bought earch rhinoceros to my collection. But both models has small "defects". Wink Papo rhino has the "orange eyes", but Schleich rhino is very strange walking, his front left leg is strange bend... Laughing So I like little more Papo model, because it,s more realistic dinamics! Wink

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:21 am

Like you said Sergey, they all have something which is common in our collectors-world.
But the bend on the leg of the Schleich rhino is not very strange, just see how they are walking in a nature-movie, and then you see that this is quit normal... Rolling Eyes

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:30 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I love the Schleich male Rhino, but it's too cute looking to be realistic, if you see what I mean!
Maybe there's smth I don't understand, but I don't find the Schleich male rhino cute or cartoonish scratch... (unlike the Schleich tapir which is utterly cartoonish Sad Sad Sad - just yesterday I looked over 6 or 7 tapirs in a shop and didn't choose any).

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:49 pm

I agree with you Kyrill, i don't think the Schleich rhino is that cartoonish or bad either, but everybody has a different way of looking to a model i guess... Rolling Eyes

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:46 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I agree with you Kyrill, i don't think the Schleich rhino is that cartoonish or bad either, but everybody has a different way of looking to a model i guess... Rolling Eyes
The Schleich Rhino isn't bad at all, I love him that's why I bought him Very Happy But he's not as realistic as the Papo.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:31 pm

The grass in the neighbours garden always looks greener... Cool

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Congratulations on your new additions.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:22 pm

aandmkw wrote:
Congratulations on your new additions.
Thanks Amy!
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:53 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Well, you did Willy.Great punch line. As I write this it still shakes me belly laugh.
Harriet wonderful new animals. I hope you will soon see their adventures in the camera lens on the outside.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm

zbyszek wrote:
Harriet wonderful new animals. I hope you will soon see their adventures in the camera lens on the outside.
Thanks Zbyszek. sunny I hope I can take some more pictures soon, the weather isn't that great here at the moment. Looks stormy outside.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:34 am

zbyszek wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Well, you did Willy.Great punch line. As I write this it still shakes me belly laugh.

Well, that is a typical Dutch saying...
It means that you are never satisfied with what you have, there seems always something that looks nicer or better...

PostSubject: Re: Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO   bullyland - Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO Empty

Back to top Go down

Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next