Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Arrivals! 1st part

Go down 
+84
Tarunyada
SpiralStrix
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Florian
pm64
koniminiatures
Katty
PeGe
GoldEagle
Tove
NandO
arafan
AlopexLagopus
donny ong
Carola
sauroid
AlvinCK
JonasV
Taos
Fisva
carlysulli
Pony
JackyLovertjex
Elros Alvar
Saarlooswolfhound
cattlecollector
ToxicHyena
Metallisuchus
SeanieP
scot(t)
Chris Sweetman
75senta75
bojan
animalluvr6
STORMnl
Steve170
Bullyqueen
Arnaud
Tiermann
dlfrogman
Kiana84
xfoxx
Vivien
Ana
smithyboy
Cyhyraeth
Mastiffcat
Silver Unicornis
weaselfan93
lucky luke
baltimore zoo
Sumo
Joan Milelire
Wildheart
widukind
landrover
aandmkw
Rio
MartinH
WILLYBACOMAN
Kristie
remrock02
schleich61
Numa
Philter4
MD1985
atabini
Gabe
SyLoBe
Lasersword1973
skysthelimit
ken yeo
Admin
Suebeedo
spikesilkenwolf
Sergey
Kiryuha
Kikimalou
Arrakai
remowshake
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Roger
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:55 pm

I think Nicole is a very, very wonderful young lady who stands by her opinions cheers

Perhaps when she gets older she may change her mind and love monkeys.

Like me. I used to think rat were SO cute, - untill a rat killed all my birds in the aviary...hmmm..that is the other way round though scratch geek
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:09 pm

The storks are so beautiful! I love the photo of the nest in the church :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:35 pm

SyLoBe wrote:

Thanks Sylvia! Probabily you also see it often in Spain! :)
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Roger wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

Thanks Sylvia! Probabily you also see it often in Spain! :)

Sure! I know they are in danger, but are very common here :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:28 pm

For the last many years we have only had 1 (one) pair nesting in Denmark, in a town near the German border. Last year they did noy have any chicks that got old enough to leave the nest Sad

There simply isn`t enough for them to eat. Almost all meadows have been drained and most species of frogs and reptiles are also endangered here. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Fortunately in the region I was born, south of Portugal, the number of pairs is growing after a tragic decrease!
In 2006, a very catholic priest of my small town, stoned the pair of storks that had a nest in the church, destroyed the nest and eggs! Population got very furious with the priest! The Animal protection Association wanted to punish the priest but probabily they forgave him thinking in the John's chapter that talking about Magdalena says:
"If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her" -
it looks the priest made a different interpretation! Sad
So, my female stork will be called Magdalena simce the male is Storkbert! I hope Mangalarga agree with this name!:)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:51 pm

What a silly priest, what on earth was he thinking about affraid confused

I am happy to hear that the storks are thriving in Portugal and Spain, they are so beautyful flower
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:17 pm

That's strange, in Serbia some villages have nests almost on every 5th or 6th rooftop

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Oh, so they are migrating to Serbia!:)
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Well, not in this moment Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Some Safari from Kristie! - buck, black bears and chinstrap penguin   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:30 pm

With the help of Kristie it is being possible to have some more Safari in my collection!
In last package some additions for me and Nicole!
First mine:
The buck from North American Wildlife, here pictured with the Schleich fawn! A very old figure we can notice it in the lack of detail.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safari White tailed deer 1998

There are missing bears in my collection, I only have a Yolanda sitting panda and the female polar bear from Schleich and both were gifts! Here also an extra kindly added for Kristie, the American black bear from the same series of the buck! Nice figure! :)

American black bear 2008

Of course the baby went directly to my niece's collection, she loves bears and here her first Safari bear with the friend of Schleich! cat

Safari black bear cub

This strange penguin was supposed to be mine but Nicole loved it a lot! I love you She is best hunting penguins than leopards seals are! affraid
and she was right, 2 for me 2 for her! Now this curious Chinstrap penguin is in her collection here pictured with the Schleich emperor chicks previously known as kings! king confused

Safari chinstrap penguin

Fortunately Kristie found another for me! Very Happy Thanks for your help my friend! cheers

Last edited by Roger on Mon May 02, 2011 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:07 pm

Congratulations Roger, I love the black bears, they're gorgeous! cheers
The first picture you posted isn't showing for some reason scratch

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Amazing adittions! The deer is beautiful, but little penguins are my favourite! Bears are awesome too :)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks Harriet and Sylvia! cheers
It looks that the first picture is already on board! Embarassed :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:22 am

Wonderful additions, Roger !!!

I love them all, we are very lucky to know Kristie Very Happy
Perhaps your collection will grow more very soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Roger you are very welcome. But I'm afraid I will never be able to repay you fully for the wonderful and brilliant Papopotamus. Not all the Safaris in the World.

But I'll try. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful additions, Roger !!!

I love them all, we are very lucky to know Kristie Very Happy
Perhaps your collection will grow more very soon Wink

bounce bounce
Of course we are lucky to know Kristie and I'm lucky to know you! I'd loved Kristie was thinking the same about us but something is saying me that she only can think in a hippo! Sad Wink

Thanks Kristie, it looks I have to send you another hippo! clown ...and wyou will pick them fighting for you! affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Congratulation Roger I still have to buy this black bear Very Happy

Could you share closer pics of the penguin. It remember me the COLORATA one scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Roger I still have to buy this black bear Very Happy

Could you share closer pics of the penguin. It remember me the COLORATA one scratch

No Christophe, this one is with my niece 300 km from me! I'll ask Kristie if she can do it with the other she found! Her pictures are much nicer! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:27 pm

Of course I am lucky to know you! I'm lucky to have know all of you!

Yes, I will take close up photos of the penguin. It will likely be tomorrow, but no later! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:08 am

Congratulations Roger on your new addition, they look very good, specially the black bear.

Your niece should be very happy to get all this animals from you.

Soon your bear collection will grow as my collection is growing this year thanks to all my friends in this forum.

Alejandro

PD: What Schleich bears are you looking for, maybe I can find some here in Peru.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:53 am

thanks Alejandro, you are very kind as usual! In fact I need to study about bears! I find all Schleich not retired, here in Portugal!
From Schleich the only one I want and I find it easily, is the grizzly bear, I like it! I'd loved the Papo polar bear that I sent to Susanne! Maybe the Pyrenees brown bear also from Papo because it is a relevant different subspecies. The Safari is a Kodiak I think, but is not in my wish list. No Asians, except a panda but I have no idea which one to choose, mine is a poor figure, a gift from my niece, any sugestions? Very Happy

Kristie, thanks in advance! :)
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Here are photos of the Safari Chinstrap next to the Schleich Emperor (or whatever he is)

The chinstrap sculpture is very nice, but I prefer the softness of the paint work on the Schleich.

Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Safari Chinstrap is cute! Congrats Roger!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks Ken for your comment and Kristie for your pictures to Christophe! cheers
What I really like in the chinstrap penguin is that is not usual to see a representation of this species! What I don't like in the Safari figure is the texture that compromises the paintwork! Is poorly sculpted, of course this Schleich king penguin it's nicer in these points and represents also a rare species! Safari has a lot of different penguins and I think there's no king in their range! Now Schleich also has no King! king :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! 1st part   Roger's Arrivals! 1st part - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Arrivals! 1st part
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next