Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:43 am

It's a nice figure!! cheers cheers

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Brachiosaurus Standerds and Deluxe Walkarounds.   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 am

Three in one this time. Because theres Three figures of the same creture

Basic Facts
Brachiosaurus was a Macranarion (big nosed) Sauropod that lived during the late Jurassic in North America. It stood around 72 feet tall with its arms being longer then its hind legs. For a while, it was thought that a different species of Brachiosaurus lived at the same time on the continent of Africa.
This African Species was often thought to be a true Brachiosaurus, so it was referenced when it came to toy reconstructions of Brachiosaurus. However, today’s scientists have determined that this species was from a completely different Genus called Girafatitan making the reconstructions misnamed due to new discoveries.

Standerds
V1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

V2

Deluxe

Comparison

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 am

Beautyful and interesing topic again cheers
I enjoy these very much, and will surely use them for reference in the future Very Happy

I ADORE this picture Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Takama wrote:

Comparison

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 am

I remember seeing the Deluxe version here in shop shelves. He is a kind of king of the toyland. Very Happy
Thanks for showing different versions, it is very nice to follow. Very Happy

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:43 pm

nice long necks,

i like the brachio's

martien

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Nice again cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Shunosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 am

Basic facts
From the Mid Jurrasic of China comes the sauropod Shunosaurus. It stood around 31 feet long, and had a long tail with a spikey club on it, that was used for defense.
Shunosaurus neck was shorter then most suaropods, so it is thought to have been a low browser eating up grounded vegetation like ferns.

Last edited by Takama on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 am

Thank you for the walkaround Takama Very Happy The shunosaurus is one of my favourite sauropod ! I'm still sick because I missed the shunosaurus model made by Geenemodels bounce What a Face
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:59 am

im Glad that people like them. It gives me something to do with them, plus it tests my knowledge of the cretures.

I started to buy CollectA for all of the Obscure cretures they made, and this Shunnosaurus was actaully among the first ones that started my collection

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 am

I love this critter ! He has heaps of personallity cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 am

I didn't know about such dinosaur - Shunosaurus study . Thank You for walk around Takama, very interesting :)

Last edited by Ana on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Also a nice dino cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Nice!! Thanks for showing!!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:47 pm

I am glad you've found a way to enjoy your collection on forum, enjoying us too! Very Happy
Thanks for telling about that figure, if it was not CollectA I would probably never heard about this dinosaur. Thanks for describing some characteristics, it helps us not seeing all these creatures as they were almost the same. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Proceratosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Basic Facts
Proceratoesaurus was a small theropod that lived during the Jurassic period in England. Its name was given, to reflect a Possible relationship with Ceratosaurus, because of a small horn like crest on the end of its nose. However, new studies have shown that it was not in fact related to Ceratoesaurus, and instead, is an ancestor of the famous Tyrannosaurus Rex. The Skull of this dinosaur was determined to be incomplete and the horn at the end of its nose may have extended across the top of the skull, (as seen on this model)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Nice again cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Lambeosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:34 am

Lambeosaurus was one of many Hadrosaurs that lived in Canada during the late Cretaceous period. There are currently two species that make up this genus, though some more species are still up for debate. Lambeosaurus Lambi and Lambeosaurus magnicristatus are these two species, and they can be distinguished by the shape of there head crests. L. Lambi had a hatchet shaped crest (as seen on this model), and L. Magnicristatus, which had a rounder type crest that’s similar to Corythosaurus.
The name Lambeosaurus was given to this dinosaur because of Lawrence Lambi, the man who studied the first material of this dinosaur, and has nothing to do with Lambs.

Last edited by Takama on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 am

It is great when the correct species can be found in a figure with a generic name. Very Happy
Thanks for telling that this is not related with lambs, so Carolynn will save some money this time. flower Laughing
Seriously, and in a subjective comment, adrosaurs are among the less apealing figures for me. Only a personal taste. But I enjoy to know about them. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:51 am

This one has a cool looking! Very Happy
It looks a crazy version of the Portuguese friend Lourinhanosaurus. Thanks for your pictures and informations. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 am

I like very much this model and, as usual, COLLECTA is the "models never seen before" company. As you explained, Proceratosaurus is a very good example on how palaeontology evolved in the last years.
I also like how the hands are in the good position, facing each others and not looking like a "monster" movie pose Laughing

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:10 am

Thank you for the walkaround Very Happy

This lambeo is still a bit odd to my eyes, strong forelegs, mammalian pose and short necked. I still prefer the old INVICTA Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 am

Very nice dinosaur this Proceratoesaurus, again I didn't know about this species at all :) i like the shape and also colors are very nice :) Thank You for sharing cheers

Last edited by Ana on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 am

Very interesting - Lambeosaurus Very Happy It's nice to learn with Your walk arounds Takama Very Happy I know nothing about how correct this figure is but I like it quite much, it's pink something on head looks like flower flower very cute Very Happy Maybe some more patterns on body would look even better scratch

Last edited by Ana on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 am

Beautyful model cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 am

Nice dino too cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next