Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 am

I enjoy your dino pictures a lot. And especially that you tell about them cheers

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Wow! This is quite an interesting figure. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 pm

CollectA captured a very bird like creature. My personal concept of this kind of dinos puts them very close to chickens, turkeys, geese, etc. Very Happy
Surely not all of them were so bird like but I enjoy to see them like this. Very Happy

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:05 pm

There is a deluxe version thats made with propr feathers.

If i ever get it, it will be included in this topic

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Kind of like the Utahraptor!
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Spinosaurus Deluxe and Standard sized Walkarounds.   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 am

Basic Facts
Basic Facts
Spinosaurus was a Spinosaur that live during the late cretaceous in what is now northern Africa, and it was made famous by its appearance in the 2001 movie called Jurassic park 3 were it is depicted as a ferocious beast that can take down a T-Rex with ease.

In reality, Spinosaurus did not live at the same time or place as Tyrannosaurus, and was likely not a ferocious predator. While most theropods enjoy the flesh of other animals, Spinosaurus preferred a diet of fish, Evidence of this diet can be traced in various fossils of fish and spinosaurs from around the world. One example of this diet, is that the lower jaw of a Spinosaurus was found to have the side tooth of a sword fish embedded into it.

Despite all of this, Spinosaurus is actually known from fragmentary remains, and all of the knowledge of its diet came from the fossils of its closest relatives, and its shape is also highly speculated for all that was found were the lower jawbone and bits of a six foot spine on its back. The image we see of it today was based on its relatives who are known from more complete fossils.

Today, Spinosaurus is fairly common dinosaur in the media, as it appeared in documentary’s, videogames, and some television shows.

Standard Color #1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Standard Color #2

Deluxe

Last edited by Takama on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:23 am

Nice models cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 am

They are beautyful models , - and great pictures Sad(o)):

That deLuxe Spino is awesome, WOW!!!!

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Torosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 am

Basic Facts.
Torosaurus had the biggest head of all ceratopisan dinosaurs. It lived in the same time and place as its cousin Triceratops, and was most certainly hunted by Tyrannosaurus every once in a while. Today, Paleontologists argue that Torosaurus may be nothing more then a mature Triceratops, which might make the name Torosaurus invalid.

Last edited by Takama on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Beautyful models ! I love the painting cheers

Yes, it is very interesting that the toro may just be an older triceratops...looking at them it seems to make sence, doesn`t it ? study

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Nice again cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm

This is being largely discussed these last years. The idea of triceratops and torosaurus being the same species can be a precedent to turn many other dinosaur species just invalide. I think I've read that the name torosaurus is older so it is triceratops who gets invalide. A shame once this name is best known. Thanks for your pictures. Very Happy

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Nice model! I've always been partial to Ceratopsidae - they're my favourite family.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:52 pm

Added a Comparison pic with the little guy

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Dilophosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm

Basic Facts
Dilophosaurus is a famous theropod who is easily distinguished by a tooth notch and a pair of paper thin crest on top of its head. It stood over 20 feet long, and likely scavenged on dead creatures, because its jaws were proven to be two week to latch onto fast moving prey.

In 1993, The image of Dilophosaurus was tainted by a grossly inaccurate appearance in the world famous movie Jurassic Park, and was depicted with an extendable frill and stood only 6 feet tall. The real Dilophosaurus did not poses any of these traits. Yet this image still lives on to this very day, and has appeared in the newest forms of media such as video games, and possibly a new 3D re-release of the original movie.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Nice figurine again cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Allosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Basic Facts

Allosaurus was the Tyrannosaurus of its time, as it ate various herbivores to survive, and it is known for taking on giant sauropod’s in packs, and getting thagomized by stegosaurus.
Today, Allosaurus is one of the more common dinosaurs, often being seen as nothing more then a T-Rex with 3 fingers and Crests on its head, However, Allosaurus was not related to Tyrannosaurus, and instead gives its name to a different family of theropods called the Allosaurs, which includes the Australian Australovenator, and the Chinese Yangchuanosaurus.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 pm

It is SO much nicer than the catalogue shows Shocked

Really a beautyful model, as your pictures show !
Thankyou again, lovely pictures and great comments Sad(o)):

PS, what is a tooth notch ? Embarassed

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm

Gosh! A scary critter , - and a beautyful model !!

Thanks again cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm

COLLECTA dinos have a special place in my mind, I love them or not. Some models are too odd for my taste and some are great in my eyes.

I love that Torosaurus. I love you A few more pics ?

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
It is SO much nicer than the catalogue shows Shocked

Really a beautyful model, as your pictures show !
Thankyou again, lovely pictures and great comments Sad(o)):

PS, what is a tooth notch ? Embarassed
In Dilophosaurus (and to a lesser extent in various related species) there's a very distinct notch almost separating the premaxilla from the rest of the upper jaw.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is probably most unfortunate species when it comes to illustrations in popular media... throughout the 70s and 80s it got the generic "carnosaur* with crests glued on" treatment (did you know all big theropods' bodies are completely interchangeable? well, that's what the books implied...) and then there was Jurassic Park. Fun movies, awesome dinosaurs - only problem is that Dilophosaurus looks nothing like the real thing.

*- oh, don't get me started

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Am I right in thinking this guy is retired? Maybe there's hope for a new model next year - you can't have enough allosaurids! cheers

Great walkaround!

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 pm

No, its not retired acording to CollectAs 2013 catalog

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 pm

I like this one! As inaccurate as it is, it's seriously cute and looks so mischievous! Very Happy

The one thing that bothers me about this mold isn't the nakedness or the broken wrists - it's that damn toe! The sculptor has managed to place the hallux (the big toe) above the ankle, and that bothers me inordinately. If it were left out that wouldn't be a big deal - chances are the dinosaurs didn't need that one particular digit to live - but a toe growing from mid-calf shows a profound lack of anatomical expertise.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 am

A curious point is that our friend T-rex is often misidentified as being a Jurassic creature when actually it never lived during that period. Allosaurus is a real hunter from late jurassic and some remainings of its existence were found in.... Portugal! Laughing
I think this fragilis creature is more interesting in terms of looking than the even more famous T-rex. I am not sure I like the CollectA figure but I enjoy your walkarounds. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next