Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 am

Mira, este es un dinossáurio con muy Buenos Aires! geek Laughing
That is very interesting! May I give a little suggestion to your walk arrounds? CollectA is the brand with less understandeable dino sizes. They often don't use scales. It would be great to see the nice pictures ending with a size comparison. Maybe a 1:20 human figure from Schleich or any other brand. Idea Very Happy Thanks for showing! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 am

Thank you for the walkaround Takama Very Happy The COLLECTA Argentinosaurus have very fine details, head, forefeet...

Argentinosaurus are known from a few bones and the shape and size seem very speculative. The "complete skeleton" we could see in Museum are also speculative. Nevertheless, the size of the fossils are very astounding: Vertebrae over a meter tall, the biggest known, and a 2,4meter long femur. affraid

It is often still known as the biggest dinosaur but it was not. Sauroposeidon, Amphicoelias and Puertassaurus were indeed bigger.

The shape is also very speculative. the COLLECTA is based on the Greg Paul 1994 version. This Brachiosaur shape like is contested by other paleontologists. The Argentinosaurus was a Titanosaur, those sauropods had a shape different from Brachiosaurs. here is a pic showing differences between the Greg Paul's version and the later Kenneth Carpenter's made in 2006. The Carpenter's shape is based on the shape of a Salatasaurus, a very well known Titanosaur.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 am

Roger wrote:
Mira, este es un dinossáurio con muy Buenos Aires! geek Laughing
That is very interesting! May I give a little suggestion to your walk arrounds? CollectA is the brand with less understandeable dino sizes. They often don't use scales. It would be great to see the nice pictures ending with a size comparison. Maybe a 1:20 human figure from Schleich or any other brand. Idea Very Happy Thanks for showing! Very Happy

I only have the Little CollectA Guy that comes with the Deluxes. Would that work for you guys?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Phantastic cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

What a gorgeous model cheers

Yes ! Yes ! The little guy would do fine !
Strange, I didn`t notice him in the catalogue before, - now I know why so many collectors use him for comparisons Idea Idea Idea

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: CollectA 2012 Hypsilophodon walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

Basic Facts

From the Isle of wright, Hypsilophodon was a small Ornithopod that is best know for good speed, but it was at one time thoght to have climped trees.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 am

Thank you for showing Takama Very Happy The 2012 Hypsilophodon and Koreaceratops herds are very interesting because it is a good way to show tiny species without making them absolutely out of scale. Those are on my wishlist which grow faster than my collection alas Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:10 am

They are absolutely lovely cheers

They have been on my wishlist ever since I first saw pictures...but I never got round to getting them. scratch
After seing your pictures, I really, really hope to get them Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Very good cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Oviraptor walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Basic facts.
Oviraptor was discovered during an expedition that was originally sent to find Human fossils but in the end, they came out with dinosaurs instead. When Oviraptor was found during that Expedition, they thought it was an egg thief, because it was next to a nest. However, years later it was learned that the nest belonged to the Oviraptor. This new information was backed up with further discoveries, including one of a fossilized individual brooding her nest

Last edited by Takama on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks for using the little human figure. With time we will get used with it. It must be smalle because I know that oviraptor and it is a very small figure. Very Happy
I confess my ignorance and the story you told I learned with toy animal figures, I remember seeing the Papo oviraptor, "rapting" an egg and later I saw the Safari on nest and read someone explaining on forum why these figures were so different interpretations of the same thing. Very Happy
So, both are collectibles that show how perception about oviraptors has developed among palaeonthologists. I specially love the Safari figure but this little CollectA has an excelent size. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Cetiosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:55 am

Basic Facts
Cetiosaurus was the first Sauropod ever discovered, and at the time of its discovery (1800s) it was thought to have been an aquatic creature, because it was thought that creatures its size were un able to live on land. Something that Today’s scientist were able to prove false.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 am

Great Oviraptor!! If i see all the phantastic dinosaurs here i wish sometimes i would can collect also this figurines Very Happy cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:46 am

Also a nice dino specie cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 am

Arrhw, he is SO cute drunken

If I had lived then, I would have tried to have one as a pet Laughing Laughing

Great walkaround agin ! Thankyou very much cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 am

I have a "thing" for oviraptors..little vicious critters, looking after their nests Very Happy
Thanks to Roger I even have this model, I LOVE the painting.
Of course dinoes were more colourful than just grey and brown cheers

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Baryonyx Deluxe and Standard sized walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:01 pm

a two in one, because the creature is the same

Basic Facts.

Baryonyx was the first Spinosaurid that we truly understood. It was discovered in England, and known to be a fish eater with a large hook like claw on its hands. Even though it preferred fish, there is evidence that it occasionally feasted on the flesh of other dinosaurs as well, With the fossilized bones of a iguanodon in the stomach region of a Baryonyx skeleton. This information has been applied for all other spinosaurs‘, which means they also preferred fish, but would only go for meat on occasion and when times are tough

Standerd Sized

DELUXE Size

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Also a wonderful figurine cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 pm

WOW! They are wonderful, and thanks again for the info cheers

Uhhh, I could be tempted to wish for that large one ! He is awesome Shocked drunken

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Gigantoraptor Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am

Basic Facts
Gigantoraptor was originally discovered by the luck of a Paleontologist named Xu Xing, who was being filmed in a documentary with the task of reenacting the discovery of a Sauropod   called Sonidosaurus. As they were filming, he realized that the bone he was working with belonged to a completely different creature that he believed to be a theropod,. After they were done filming, He continued to uncover the bone, which was later concluded to be a Giant cousin of Oviraptor. Xu Xing and others went on to name the creature Gigantoraptor for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Takama on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:20 am

Thank you for sharing Takama Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Velociraptor Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 am

Last one of the day

Basic Facts
Velociraptor is perhaps the most overrated dinosaur on the planet, due to the fact that it has appeared in Jurassic park as a scaly 9 foot hunter with high intelligence. In reality Velociraptor was only 6 feet long, and not as tall as depicted in the film, in fact, the ones in the film were based off another dinosaur called Deinonychus. The real Velociraptor is also feathered and likely climbed trees where it would lunge down on prey from above with its sickle like foot claws.

Deluxe

Last edited by Takama on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:13 am

Thank you for sharing cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:16 am

Great again cheers

I love the information that you chose, and the pictures. And this little, ferocerous fellow Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next