Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:15 pm

They are beautyful models, - I like all three cheers

Thanklyou for the interesting background info, - again Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Tsintaosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Basic Facts
Tsintaosaurus was a Chinese Hadrosaur that is best described as that dinosaur that looks like a unicorn. At first, it was thought that its rod shaped crest was the result of crushing on its fossil, but another specimen was found, and it possessed the same rod. Some Paleontologists’ (For instance Gregory S Paul) think that it had a Sale that’s attached to the back of the crest, and its neck. The crest was also hollow, and might of had a bag of skin on the bottom of the crest that would puff up when it makes a call to others of its kind (as seen on this figure).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know what you guys might be thinking, Laughing

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:39 pm

A very nice figurine!! My favourite at the moment cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Lexovisaurus & Mapusaurus   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 am

Basic Facts
Lexovisaurus was originally thought to have been a species of Dacentrurus, but it was later separated from that Genus in favor of a genus in itself. A few partial skeletons were thought to have been part of the Lexovisaurus genus, but they were later determined to be different as well. Currently, the only known specimen was the original Holotype Specimen( currently at the Natural History Museum in London,) which consisted of a few bones, thus making our knowledge of this dinosaur very poor. The things that we do know about it, is that  was a Stegosaur with long shoulder spikes.

Mapusaurus

Basic Facts
Mapusaurus was a large meat eating dinosaur that lived earlier then its more famous and closest cousin Giganotosaurus. It likely preyed on Argentinasaurus, and worked in packs on occasion. How sophisticated the packs were is currently unknown. It was discovered in a bone bed with around seven individuals, that were varied in age and size, the largest of them was around 33feet long.

Last edited by Takama on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Mapusaurus    CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 am

Delete

Last edited by Takama on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 am

Delete

Last edited by Takama on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:24 am

Nice again cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:26 am

Nice dinosaur cheers cheers

But can we please merge the dinosaur walkarounds? sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 am

This Lexovisaurus looks very nice! It looks also playable, I would buy it for my son if he would be interested in dinosaurs Very Happy

Last edited by Ana on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 am

Uhhh! What a monster Shocked
Thankyou for one more great walkaround flower

I like Andreas` idea to merge the topics from each brand. Of course if Takama agrees ?
It would be a fantastic subject for reference , and a joy to read from one end to another now and then cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 am

What a beautyful, interesting model Very Happy

I think he entered my wishlist Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 am

Oh, interesting this Mapusaurus. Very Happy Were the legs as short as in this figure? It looks untypical I would say scratch

Last edited by Ana on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Andreas

I have noticed that there are so maney dinosaurs that are takeing up the CollectA Section Shocked . So go ahead and merge the things with my Collection Thread, and these Walkarounds would contiue there. (If i had the ability, i would of done it for you all)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Ana wrote:
Oh, interesting. Very Happy Were the legs as short as in this figure? It looks untypical I would say scratch

Here is a reconstruction Anna

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Takama wrote:
Andreas

I have noticed that there are so maney dinosaurs that are takeing up the CollectA Section Shocked . So go ahead and merge the things with my Collection Thread, and these Walkarounds would contiue there. (If i had the ability, i would of done it for you all)

Would you mind if I merge all in a CollectA dino topic ? I think it would be better than merging everything in your collection. If someone wants to find something about CollectA dinos it would be the easiest way.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Takama wrote:
Andreas

Would you mind if I merge all in a CollectA dino topic ? I think it would be better than merging everything in your collection. If someone wants to find something about CollectA dinos it would be the easiest way.
Whatever works for you guys :)

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Olorotitan & Koreaceratops   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:07 am

Olorotitan Basic Facts
Olorotitan is the most complete Hadrosaur dinosaur found outside of North America. It is distinguish by a Fan like crest, and had a elongated neck. It was closely related to Corythosaurus, and Hypacrosaurus.It was thought that Hadrosaurs had migrated from Asia, into North America around the start of the Late Cretaceous Period which gave us species like Parasarulophus and Hadrosaurus.

Koreaceratops Basic Facts
Koreaceratops was discovered at a Dam in Korea, and was incorporated in its construction until officials notice the bones in the sandstone rock. It is notable for tall neural spines on the back of its torso and tail that were five times taller than the bodies of its vertebra. It is hypothetically thought that this dinosaur was aquatic, and the spine acted like fins. Though there is the possibility that the spines were just used for fat storage, but it is uncertain.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 am

So now this is a guide! Shocked OK! Idea
I think CollectA had a good idea making these little dinos. They are not probably the most playable things but they surely work nicely in a diorama, shelf and open a new door to smaller dinosaurs representatives. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 am

I also decided to keep new walkarounds in the same post to prevent muti posting. I hope it isent to hard to navigate through, I debated about going through the thread, and taking the data in the posts and compine them into another, and let you officials delete the ones that say delete.

Jobaria Basic Facts
Jobaria is an interesting dinosaur to Scientists. Not just because its named after the African God Jobar, but because it’s a Sauropod whose back legs seem to be stronger then most other Sauropod’s, allowing it to rise up on its hind feet without to much strain on its legs. When it lived in the Geologic Colum is currently up to debate. It was originally thought to have been from the Cretaceous period, but some say that the formation that it was found in came from the Jurassic period. Right now, it is believed that it lived in the Latter time period

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 am

What a phantastic topic thank sunny you

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:32 am

Yes, it's wonderful topic!!! Thank You Takama Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
And I love Olorotitan and Jobaria, lovely models, I think they both have also fantastic paintwork flower And what a great info too Very Happy And I quite like when scientific names for such big and impressive animals as Jobaria comes from names of ancient gods, it gives them additional majesty :) farao

Olorotitan figure looks so nice that I feel I would love to buy it, I don't collect dinos but this one is so lovely. If only my son would collect them, I would have perfect reason to bring this lovely dino figure home Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:39 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Ana wrote:
Oh, interesting. Very Happy Were the legs as short as in this figure? It looks untypical I would say scratch

Oh, so I think CollectA version is not exactly in the shape of reconstruction scratch Legs seems to be placed too much on the back (and should be slightly longer too probably?), hands are little too big and maybe dino should not be as "fat" scratch Just thoughts, I don't know dinosaurs, just compare these pictures... but I had feeling before that with proportions of this figure this dino could have difficulties with moving (and maybe especially standing?) scratch
But I really like the head of this figure, and colors are nice also Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Takama wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Takama wrote:
Andreas

Whatever works for you guys :)

It is not only good- its P Sad(o)): E Sad(o)): R Sad(o)): F Sad(o)): E Sad(o)): C Sad(o)): T Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm

More phantastic figurines for this guide sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Ana wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Ana wrote:

Oh, so I think CollectA version is not exactly in the shape of reconstruction scratch Legs seems to be placed too much on the back (and should be slightly longer too probably?), hands are little too big and maybe dino should not be as "fat" scratch Just thoughts, I don't know dinosaurs, just compare these pictures... but I had feeling before that with proportions of this figure this dino could have difficulties with moving (and maybe especially standing?) scratch
But I really like the head of this figure, and colors are nice also Very Happy

well the figure w orignally going to look like this

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next