Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Alamosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Basic Facts
As far as we know. Alamosaurus was the last sauropod dinosaur that lived in North America. It is known from Partial Skeletons that may not even be fully grown, and its estimated size was 65 feet.  Contrary to popular belief Alamosaurus was not named after the Alamo Battle, but instead it was named after the Formation it was found in (Ojo Alamo). Its natural Enemy was most likely the Jaws of the famous Tyrannosaurus, as it lived at the same time, and place as this Dinosaur.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Takama on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Also a phantastic dinosaur figurine cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Attenborosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Basic Facts
Other then a long snout. Attenborosaurus was you average Plesiosaur, with a long neck, four flippers, a short tail, and the inability to crawl on lend. It gets its name from the famous Sir David Frederick Attenborough, who was a british naturalist.  

Only a Few photos, for this one

Last edited by Takama on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 pm

It is beautyful cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:52 pm

I LOVE this critter !! cheers

He looks so utterly silly Laughing Laughing I love you

I wonder what David Attenborough thought about hving this monster named after him ... alien

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 pm

One of the Forum Members has met him

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Im sure David is Flatterd

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 am

So I bought, some time ago, a CollectA dracorex. I wanted to offer a cheap dinosaur to a cousin of mine and his choice was this creature. It is a funny figure with an apealing name. Very Happy king

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:15 am

Thanks Takama. This time I have a little objection to your post. Laughing
That story sequence of young -> old -> dead... affraid Shocked
I am a susceptible reptile. alien Wink
Thanks for sharing, They represent different periods from the brand. farao

Takama

PostSubject: Kentrosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am

Basic Facts
Kentrosaurus is one of the best know stegosaurs, with several groups of skeletons being found in Tanzinia Africa. The abundance of Skeletons withen close proximety suggest that it lived in herds. Its back has two rows of plates and Spikes that are paired as they go down the back. It also has two Spikes that jut out of its side.  

Last edited by Takama on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 am

Very nice model Takama Very Happy if I had more money and place I will add this one as a companion to my SAFARI Ltd kentro, I think they have the same scale.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 am

Yes I'm sure. And unlike the attenborosaurus , David Frederick Attenborough is still alive Laughing

Thank you for the walkaround and the link to Adam's page.

COLLECTA marine reptiles are among my favorites. They are making a really great job on them. IMHO very different in quality than the basal dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:39 am

WONDERFUL good-morning model again from Takama cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks Takama. This time I have a little objection to your post. Laughing
That story sequence of young -> old -> dead... affraid Shocked
I am a susceptible reptile. alien Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Poor croccodile alien

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 am

Nice figure cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 am

Also nice cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Wow, that's very interesting :) Attenborosaurus, that's very interesting name for creature, I think it's nice for Sir David sunny And I think that was lucky for Adam to meet him personally Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Funny scientific name! Almost as funny for me as Smok wawelski , the Polish archosaur Cool

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 pm

You lost the guy with gun? Which of the dinosaurs ate him? scratch

Nice triceratopses, I like the baby one, it's so cute I love you

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Stegosaurus Standerd and Deluxe Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Basic Facts
This is a dinosaur that everyone pretty much everyone knows about. It was the First Stegosaur ever named, and lends its name to a family of dinosaurs. Stegosaurus was characterized by the row of plates on its back, and a set of spikes on its tail that was called a Thagomizer. The plates were different from the others in its family, because they are not paired evenly along the back. As of now, No one was certain about the purpose of the plates. It was thought that they have been used for protection, but they stick straight out of its back, leaving its torso exposed for Allosaurus(one of its most common Enemies) to eat. It was then thought that they have been used to flush up blood to intimidate predators, but the plates were not covered in skin, but keratin(the material on your nails). They were also thought to have been used for regulating heat, but the same issue applies.
One myth that has flooded various dinosaur books, and Media, is the thought that Stegosaurus had Two Brains. This myth is completely bogus, and no series paleontologist has ever thought that this myth was true. The myth comes from a misunderstanding about some discoveries made with the dinosaur. It was found that Stegosaurus (and its kin no doubt) had an opening in its hip region that was thought to have contained a Bundle of Nerves called a ganglia. And many people Thought that Bundle of nerves refers to a brain. In reality. Stegosaurus(and its kin) did not have two brains, but it did not have a ganglia either. By studying the modern relatives of Dinosaurs(birds and Crocodilians), scientists have found that they have a large hip opening as well, but it was fill with fatty tissue, and so it was likely that Stegosaurus had this tissue as well.

Young

Old

Color #2

Deluxe

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Ankylosaurus Standerd and Deluxe Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:30 am

Basic Facts
Ankylosaurus is the most famous of the armored dinosaurs, however, it is known from only partial Skeletons that include skulls. It is seen as one of the largest armored dinosaurs, with a size estimate of around 30 feet, and its body was very wide like a hippo. Its back is covered in bone, which makes it Stiff, as its name means Stiff lizard. It also has a club on its tail, that’s used for defense like a war hammer. Ankylosaurus(and its kin) also had a complicated nose with various complex chambers whose purpose is uncertain. Some scientists think that they were resonating chambers to help it call out others of its kind, while others think it just enhanced its smell.

Standerd

Deluxe

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:48 am

YESSSS!!!! Dinoes-of-the-day cheers cheers

I have always found the ankylosaurs extremely fascinating . They are like walking tanks, aren`t they ? Very Happy

The standard has great colouring, I think.
Doesn`t it seem he is sculpture by somebody else than most of them ?

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 am

Also a nice figurine cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Thank you for the family pics Takama Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Thank you for showing those two armoured tanks. Very Happy

Alas, like for the SCHLEICH false saichania, the number of toes are not accurate..; I can't understand such mistakes... No
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Nice dinosaurs again sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next