Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide

Go down 
+15
Carola
Sergey
scot(t)
aandmkw
STORMnl
baltimore zoo
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
ken yeo
Sumo
AlvinCK
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Ana
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Crylophosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 03:22

Basic Facts
Little known fact, dinosaurs have been found in Antartica, and crylophosaurus was one of them. It is best distinguished by a fan shaped crest on it.s head.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Takama on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 08:02

Nice again cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 08:35

A very unusual specie, the bad point is the accuracy, it is far from the SAFARI Ltd cryolophosaurus. The good point is it dn't need to have a tripod pose Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 08:54

Very interesting model !!! Imagine the climate being such that dinoes were roaming the Antartica Shocked

I found it on Wikipedia, - some call it Elvisaurus because if the funny "Harirstyle" Laughing Laughing
How big is the model ?

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 15:07

Some time ago, my 7 years old niece started showing interest in prehistoric figures, namely she asked for a pteranodon! Laughing I asked her how was born that idea. She told me about an animated series called Dinosaur train that explain to kids a lot of nice things about Palaeonthology! Very Happy
The only episode I watched was exactly about this dinosaur and they also called it Elvissaur like Susanne commented. Very Happy Very Happy
Unfortunately, I only watched it after giving an ornitocheirus to my niece, it seems she liked the figure but after watching the episode I got sure that what she really wanted was a pteranodon. geek

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 15:18

My 4 years daughter knows a lot of dinos because she watch the dino train Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 16:42

I saw this thread and got all excited thinking there was a new model... completely blanked on this one, despite owning it myself. Embarassed
It's not a horrible model, but I think it's ready for a do-over. They redid the Neovenator, after all, so there may be hope for a new and improved Cryo!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 17:55

Yes, This is one of CollectAs Earliest Models, so there are some things that are wrong with it.

Susanne, the model is 6 inchs long from head to tail and 3 inchs High from ground to head

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 00:20

Kikimalou wrote:
My 4 years daughter knows a lot of dinos because she watch the dino train Laughing

That is very nice! Hurray for educational TV programs! cheers

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 22:34

SUSANNE wrote:
I am sure lots of little boys will LOVE this model Laughing Laughing

Can you take the poor victim out of the mouth ?

This one looks very different from most other models I have seen, but I am certainly no expert Wink

Its possible with Hot Water and Force as the Victim is glued on a rod that sticks out of the T-Rexs mouth

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 22:40

I am always tempted to watch Dinosaur Train myself for the heck of it,

My Freiends Daghter likes to watch it too.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySat 19 Jan 2013, 07:25

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

She also loves very much the "life in cold blood" snakes episode... I'm afraid about the kind of pets she will ask for in a few year What a Face Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySat 19 Jan 2013, 08:10

Congrats! nice figure!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySat 19 Jan 2013, 17:01

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

She also loves very much the "life in cold blood" snakes episode... I'm afraid about the kind of pets she will ask for in a few year What a Face Laughing

Laughing affraid Wink
I just watched it thanks to your comment! :) I think your wonderful girl will ask for an anaconda. A very good choice. I am sure she loved the animal giving birth to lovely babies with a caiman around! alien Laughing
It is very interesting that such a young girl has interest in this kind of documentary and it also shows the good work BBC is doing to give a better reputation to some animals. :)
Try to show to her the Armoured Giants episode, maybe she will ask for a crocodile! affraid Very Happy queen Laughing

Takama

PostSubject: Wuerhosaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySat 19 Jan 2013, 22:51

Ok this one is gong to be a little diffrent because the pictures were taken with my Cellphone. The reason is that my Cameras batterys are dead, and we havent got any more of them yet.

Basic Facts

Wuerhosaurus was likely the last of his kind. It lived at i time when the Tank like Ankylosaurs were starting to spread, and when Stegosaurs like him were on the path towards extiction. It is noteable for some unusual plates with flat edges.

Last edited by Takama on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:40; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySat 19 Jan 2013, 23:01

One more unusual critter cheers

I learn a lot from your walkarounds, - thankyou Sad(o)):

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 02:32

Thanks again for your topic! There is no doubts that this is an unusual looking Stegosaur! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 05:03

Thank you for the pics of this unusual specie Takama. Very Happy

The shape of the dorsal plates are still very controversial because we have only a few scattered bones of the animal, it seems the plates were broken and we still don't know exactly how they were looking.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Becklspinax Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 05:09

Another one from my phone, though this one was trickier to do, because of its crazy flash

Basic Facts.
Not much is known of Becklspinax, in fact, all that is known of it are some fosilized spines that were found in the 1800s. That being said, it is very difficult to determine exactly what kind of dinosaur it is, though most scientists belieave it was a large theropod that was related to Allosaurus

Last edited by Takama on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 04:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 08:55

Amazing that they can reconstruct an animal from a bit of fossile spine Shocked

Laughing It reminds me of the famous iguanodon, where they first thought the finger sat on the nose !

But it is a lovely model, thankyou again for all your dino pictures and telling about them cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 09:59

Very interesting info and pic about Wuerhosaurus ! Thank you for sharing! cheers

Last edited by Ana on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 08:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 10:01

Congratulations! Very interesting dinosaur this Crylophosaurus Very Happy And found on Antarctic, that's amazing? Thank You for sharing! :)

Last edited by Ana on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 08:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 12:02

I like this kind of presentation cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 12:02

So many unusual dinosaur species cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Argentinasaurus Walkaround   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 00:49

Basic Facts
Dispite being known from only fragmentary remains, Argentinasaurus Is argubly the largest dinosaur that we know of for sure, as  It Stood more then 98 feet long (based on common Estimates). It was likey prey for very large carnovoires like Giganotosaurus and Mapusaurus.

Last edited by Takama on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 05:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide   CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Dinosaur refrence guide
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next