Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

Go down 
+38
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
JonasV
Carola
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
sauroid
Wilorvise
Noémi
Fisva
scot(t)
skysthelimit
goatherder
Silver Unicornis
Phexedrine
Dutch Bear
DaveScriv
arafan
Shanti
ken yeo
lucky luke
jarda
Florian
Elros Alvar
PeGe
blackdanter
Bloodrayne
Katty
Cyhyraeth
NandO
Liiolii
Sumo
Chris Sweetman
Tiermann
Ana
HKHollinstone
Taos
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions Empty
PostSubject: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Apparently my "Oh, I'll be too busy to hang around forums I'm afraid" shtick isn't going to stick, so I thought I, too, might begin a novel acquisitions thread of my own to celebrate lovely newcomers and practice poor photography in. I shall begin with -

The best of mornings. I woke up to birdsong and the sound of my mailbox lid shutting. Then: a fresh pot of black coffee and an hour and a half of unwrapping, assembling and admiring newly-arrived Kaiyodos, followed by another hour of trying to read the day's papers and failing because of gorgeous Kaiyodos. The treasures (in one terrible picture):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was my first real-life encounter with non-dinosaurian Kaiyodos, and I must admit I'm rather sold. These things are lovely! The utterly gorgeous birds in the background are from Sauroid - thank you! He even included a few gifts; I'm besides overjoyed, quite disproportionately touched. I never realised the Kaiyodo birds are quite this beautiful! (One of the wonderful birds Sauroid sent me isn't in the picture - I forgot him! - but you'll find him [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].)
The massive pack of dogs came as one big surprise blind box from a seller in the USA, who was very sweet and included the wee wabbit (in the foreground) as a gift also. Thank you too, whoever you are!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh, there's no such things as coffee and new figurines Cool I'm not very familiar with the Kayodos, but these look wonderful! Interesting species. Those birds look very neat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 pm

What marvellous additions cheers

I can`t say which ones I love most, - the birds, ...the whippet, of course, and ..they are all so lovely Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Great set of models and agree with you that the are so detailed and wonderful!:DLove the Boston Terrier,Samoyed,Boxer and the Shiba Inu-must add to my wishlist but they are so hard to get in Europe!Sad
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you Carola and Susanne! The birds are indeed superb, and I like the Whippet especially as well, even if he is one thin specimen. Sighthounds are a bit of a favourite with me, alongside molossers.

Taos: I will be listing a good number of the doggies up as trade (or sales) candidates later this week, I believe, just to see what happens - so if you want to, feel free to PM me and we can talk about perhaps reserving some of the dogs for you already. The Boxer, though - oh, he's staying. Very Happy

Last edited by koniminiatures on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 am

Congrats lea, fabulous bunch!  love these little works of art.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:16 am

Great additions !! Congrats!!cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:30 pm

What a fantastically great lot of lovely figures Very Happy All are great Very Happy
I love especially birds from Kaiyodo and how to not love their amazing bunnies :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Thank you for commenting, Harriet, Andreas & Anna! That bunny is indeed dangerously cute, Anna. It even has that bewildered stare real rabbits do.

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Great additions, congratulations. They've made some very nice dogs it seems, I just have dinos and birds mainly.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks! I was positively surprised with the dogs, too - and even more so with the birds.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:33 am

Wow! What wonderful additions. Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:29 am

Congratulation Applause despite they are puzzle, those Japanese stuff are good lesson on how to make realistic toys !
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Surprised Wow, what a lot of goodies! That's it - I'm coming over to raid your house. 

OMG, just noticed the pugs. So pugly! I love you pig (pig, pug... potato, potahto.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Thank you Chris, Sumo and Kikimalou! I agree, puzzles or not, the Japanese models seem to have a certain lifelikeness down more consistently than most Western brands manage to. I don't know if this can be said to apply to my newest Kaiyodo arrival, though - Mr. Deinonychus may look lively, but hardly alive by anyone's standards:

He was joined in my morning haul by the wonderful New-Ray dogs from Sumo (thank you! You just included them all, then, eh? affraidcheers Come over and raid anytime, but bring tradees. That's how a raid works, yes?) and the small but imposing Papo Boer ram from Yvette (whom - the ram - I simply forgot to include last. Thank you for him, too, Yvette!).

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Liiolii

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Wow, I can see some nice birds in your first pic! Birdcollector likes! Applause

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Lots of wonderful additions. My new animals thread is a year behind, I will update it soon though. So no worries if you run short on time, the thread will wait for you to come back.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank you Liiolii and Tim! I've been impressed with the Kaiyodo birds, too - the clade seems to lend itself well to the "puzzle" format (as do insects!). Tim: I quite intend to adventure through everyone's collection & acquisitions threads, but it's been slow going thus far. Good to know yours won't be running away before me, though!

NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:05 am

Lea.. wow did i missed this post...Sleep
beautiful addition.. specially for dogs....
congrats lea cheerscheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Thank you NandO!

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 am

I love the Deinonychus Lea!! Wow. I have to get that now. It's not an option. Crap.

(The Papo Boer is one of my favorite models. Congrats on that too!)
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 am

Thank you, Scott! I like that Deinonychus immensely, too - Kaiyodo have conveyed a remarkably strong sense of intent and halted, birdy movement in him for "just" a skeletal rig at a standing pose, I think. The Papo Boer is also a little feat of cramming a much larger presence (think angry bears..) into such a relatively dainty model, I find - which I guess rather befits the species, too. They are both definitely stayers-on with me. :)

sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:00 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
Thank you Chris and Kikimalou! I agree, puzzles or not, the Japanese models seem to have a certain lifelikeness down more consistently than most Western brands manage to. I don't know if this can be said to apply to my newest Kaiyodo arrival, though - Mr. Deinonychus may look lively, but hardly alive by anyone's standards:

He was joined in my morning haul by the wonderful New-Ray dogs from Sumo (thank you! You just included them all, then, eh? affraidcheers Come over and raid anytime, but bring tradees. That's how a raid works, yes?) and the small but imposing Papo Boer ram from Yvette (whom - the ram - I simply forgot to include last. Thank you for him, too, Yvette!).
really lovely dogs, ram and Deinonychus skeleton Lea.:) 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Thank you, Gerry!

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 am

Raptor sceleton is magnificent! And looks so natural.What a Face 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next