Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models

Go down 
+41
Mgarat
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
widukind
costicuba
SUSANNE
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
Wilorvise
A.R.Garcia
Geospiza fortis
littlebear
Bloodrayne
Dum_my
Tarunyada
Carola
signatus
ulinuk
Shanti
Bonobo
lucky luke
Fisva
Noémi
Florian
kudu11
Zelvik
SyLoBe
koniminiatures
elephas_maximus
Defteros
JonasV
cattlecollector
animalluvr6
Philter4
bjarki12
trevok4
A-J
Joan Milelire
HKHollinstone
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 4:13 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 10:45 am

Grear Rhino cheers 
The body and the painting of the babirusa are also great! Just the legs are a little bit to short Wink .
The tortoise lookd good, is it Lonesome George?

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Thank you, widukind!

Bonobo wrote:
Grear Rhino cheers 
The body and the painting of the babirusa are also great! Just the legs are a little bit to short Wink .
The tortoise lookd good, is it Lonesome George?

Thanks. I know about the legs, I would have fixed them If I had known about it earlier. The one in the picture I was using had its elbows bent giving the illusion of short legs. I'll probably do another sometime, as there are numerous things I don't like about this one. The tortoise, is not meant to be Lonesome George. I thought it would be a good idea to make a less popular subspecies, as George was an Abingdon Island tortoise, and mine is a Hood island tortoise. There isn't much difference between them, though.
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:46 pm

He's finally finished!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I don't like the non-textured area between the underside and flanks, but there's not much I can do about that now. Another piece of good news- I've, after a while of waiting, made it possible to use these in a school project. Now, I just have to finish my bison pair...
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Another great model Applause Applause Applause cheers cheers cheers sunny 

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 am

Stunning! cheers cheers cheers

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 am

OMG! Fantastic!!! Shocked Shocked 

You are very very talented! What a master piece!!! Applause Applause 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Beautieful!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Wow, what a fantastic sculpture!!!  Shocked Shocked  You are truly an artist!!  cheers

May I ask what kind of modeling compound you are using?

Last edited by Shanti on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:53 pm

It looks great!  Applause 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Very lovely rhinoceros! I like your style very much! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Very very nice  cheers  cheers  cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Great rhino !! I like the skin texture and his colour. Congratulations Geos !! Applause 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:14 pm

It's really a nice and a big one. Your work is very good. Congrats sunny sunny cheers 

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:50 am

I thank all of you for your kind comments.

Shanti wrote:

May I ask what kind of modeling compound you are using?

Yes, you may.  Very Happy 

The kind I use is Super Sculpey, original, however for some models I mix in a little of the Super Sculpey Firm to make it more firm.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Very beautiful Rhino  Very Happy I like very much your style. Looks very delicious!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:57 pm

So young and so talented, I really find your rhino a very wonderful piece. I am sure you'll improve a lot, mainly with folded areas and the different details and textures we can find in a rhino body. Though, what we can see is impressive and your rhino has a powerful looking that I like a lot. cheers

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks both of you. Roger, as for what you said, I have improved more than I had expected over the past year alone. It gets frustrating though, as I worked out a new texturing technique before I even finished painting my rhino.   Laughing 
Here's the tortoise, on which I was working on skin texture:
Here are my bison and bear as well:
I'm just about ready to texture the bison, I just have a few more adjustments to make, one of which is the first and last digits on each foot. Does anyone know just how to make a woolly texture? I've been trying various methods, nothing seems to be quite right.

Last edited by Geospiza fortis on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 12:33 am

affraid affraid affraid Fantastic tortoise! (so far Very Happy )

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:57 am

Great!!

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 9:21 am

WOw, the Bison is so impressive! Love the tortoise I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 am

Good! cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 1:01 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 1:03 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
WOw, the Bison is so impressive!  Love the tortoise I love you

Just my words  cheers 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Geospiza fortis wrote:
Thanks both of you. Roger, as for what you said, I have improved more than I had expected over the past year alone. It gets frustrating though, as I worked out a new texturing technique before I even finished painting my rhino.   Laughing 

I am sorry, I didn't want to cause you any kind of frustration. Your work is formidable and I am not even able of making a constructive comment, much more a great sculpture as you do. pale
I mean only that your figure would improve with more visible folded parts and with texture, yours look great, but this technic would probably work better in an elephant. elephant
If you notice, while yours looks more or less uniforme, you will see that in the picture below of a real rhino, areas like shoulders and neck have different textures, in fact it is more wrinkled in neck area than in shoulder area, for example.
ABout folds, I mean the bottom of the neck and brest, and maybe also between sholder and leg. Less plain flanks would also help.
But the work is magnificent.
Your great bison, will also look surely better, if you find a deep contrast between woolly and sparse fur areas. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next