Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share your biggest regrets for your collection

Go down 
+49
Jill
sunny
Bonnie
George
Birdsage
Duck-Anch-Amun
rogerpgvg
RtasVadumee
Advicot
Jennypurr
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Jolly Reaper
Bloodrayne
Bowhead Whale
Anne from Norway
SculptureCollector
Komodo Dragon
Taos
GiselleGazelle
DaveScriv
stecal
DinoLord
Wilorvise
schleich515686
Kikimalou
QuollMate
Chris Sweetman
75senta75
Takama
animalluvr6
goatherder
Tiermann
Geospiza fortis
widukind
schleich61
shadoweon
JonasV
orcagirl26
koniminiatures
Ana
NightLioness
CilleDK
SUSANNE
sauroid
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
LeeAnn
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Years ago on eBay there was a seller selling old store stock of Starlux. They would sell them in big bunches of 20 or so different animals at a time, often themed like hoofed animals or prehistoric. They would sell for perhaps $18-25 and I felt that was far too much. I didn't realize at the time I liked them as much as I would later as well. They sold sets for months before they got rid of them all, but I never bought any. >sigh<

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Ana wrote:

Karin, I think some of these figures are probably still possible to find Very Happy

Also one tiny regret, last year during the Queen's day in Utrecht I found some old schleich for 50 cents each, but I took only few. I should take them all and maybe send to collectors who would need them. They were in not really good condition but always something to, for example repaint. But well, this year I will buy whatever I find (for such cheap price)  Twisted Evil 

The old elephants are definitely for sale in some looks at marktplaats.
But the sperm whale and her calf? IDK.

Ooooh, qweensday!! (kingsday now Wink)
I'm gonna buy all brand animals I can find, even if they aren't in a good condition haha.
Of course for a cheap prize. Found some good one last year, and I want them aallll!! *goes nuts*

Schleich Sperm whale is on sale in a shop here I had ordered it a Christmas but cost 18.99Euros I could check if its still there if you are interested?
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:21 am

This has turned out to be a wonderful thread! I've really enjoyed reading each and every comment.

The most painful one for me to read was Tim's. The idea of an entire lot of hoofed Starlux models going for under $30 makes my head spin. Several months ago, I emailed back and forth with a seller in France about the Starlux antelope or bison (I can't remember which it was) and he wanted nearly $100 for the figure. I didn't buy it. But I'll also probably never find that model at a reasonable price. (It may have been the American Bison; that's the Starlux model I want the most. I did find the Kudu a month or two ago at an extremely reasonable price -- about $15. I think my luck with Starlux has probably run out.)

Andreas, I agree with Phil: You made the right call in buying the model, even though you saw it cheaper later. It sounds ridiculously rare.

sauroid wrote:
an almost paintless Britains asian rhino 

This sounds like every Britains rhino I've ever seen!  Very Happy 

shadoweon wrote:
I regret throwing away my first Schleich figure- one of the really old versions of the fox.

Ouch. That would upset me too. My first Schleich model was a Moose I gave to my now wife. It is precious to us both.

Ana wrote:
I think feeling regrets is not something I should spend time on. I think we can all feel happy, we are lucky collectors now, aren't we?

Amen, Anna!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 8:10 am

Many thanks Phil and Scott. I also found the compasition for this example. Long time ago i searched for the Lineol lyrebird and found only a few figurines on ebay or onlineshops between 150 or 400 € mostly in a bad condition. So i was happy as i found my lyrebird much much cheaper

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:40 pm

My biggest regret is probably when I was younger and played around with my figures and scraping them up. For example, my schleich whales, I used to play with them in water all the time so the figures look a little dull and scraped up. Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 pm

animalluvr6 wrote:
My biggest regret is probably when I was younger and played around with my figures and scraping them up. For example, my schleich whales,  I used to play with them in water all the time so the figures look a little dull and scraped up. Very Happy

Don't regret it. :)

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Roger wrote:
animalluvr6 wrote:
My biggest regret is probably when I was younger and played around with my figures and scraping them up. For example, my schleich whales,  I used to play with them in water all the time so the figures look a little dull and scraped up. Very Happy

Don't regret it. :)
I did the same thing as a kid, and now my "rare and valuable" figures are in a pretty scraped up, dull, faded condition. However, whenever I find extras of the same figure in MUCH nicer condition I always trade the nicer one. To me, the old figures are old friends that I played with in my room by myself or with siblings, or out in the yard or sand box, or even in the tub. To me, it makes them more valuable through sentiment than actual value.  Smile
And I never regret a minute of it. Very Happy 

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:05 am

yes some of my original old figures were handed down to me by my dad and even if they are so worn out and a bit damaged, i still want to keep them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 2:02 pm

animalluvr6 wrote:

I have this regret too but i think without that i dont had so a relationship for this hobby now :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:02 am

OK, this is something I have to get off my chest

I was very picky with my Figures, if it has a bad paint rub. I wont buy it. but sometimes I buy items only to find a bad rub on it later. So I buy a replacement.

I also gave away My Papo Collection, because they all had some sort of rub on them (Some more serveer then others) Man I regret that. Same deal with my Safaris. almost every figure had some kind of unbearable fault on them.

Now I am still picky. but im not as bad as I was. I now only get my dinos online, unless there Geoworld.
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 1:08 pm

a
animalluvr6 wrote:
nimalluvr6 schrieb:

I know this situation too from my childhood. I have painted many figures, and later I have sold a lot of them at flea markets. These figures I could buy fortunately later again.
But, so far, I don´t regret anything. Children have a different view of things. They want play and make their own experiences. That's all right, because these figures are made for playing. No, I don`t  regret anything in relation to my collection.

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 pm

animalluvr6 wrote:

This is what toys are made for Kelsey.  Very Happy How can you put a price on pleasure?  Wink 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 9:00 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I did the same thing as a kid, and now my "rare and valuable" figures are in a pretty scraped up, dull, faded condition. However, whenever I find extras of the same figure in MUCH nicer condition I always trade the nicer one. To me, the old figures are old friends that I played with in my room by myself or with siblings, or out in the yard or sand box, or even in the tub. To me, it makes them more valuable through sentiment than actual value.  Smile
And I never regret a minute of it. Very Happy 

Paige, I have the same with my old Reislers Very Happy
They are marked with red nail polish, so my playmates could not claim they were theirs,  and some miss a limb, antlers, trunk. Rolling Eyes 
But I will always prefer my old ones  !!! Laughing 
When I look at them, I remember old friends and old places and sunshine and green lawns. The taste of stolen, sour apples and cookies and ...  drunken

Take good care of your old friends, and don't regret good times Wink

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Here's to old friends then, Susanne.  cheers Very Happy 

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 am

I regret being born in 2000! Why not 1985 or something, so that way I could have lived the 90's and gotten all the good discontinued stuff? :3
I also really hate being a perfectionist. If I see a rub on my figure, I flip.  Evil or Very Mad 

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:51 am

QuollMate wrote:
I also really hate being a perfectionist. 

You're not the only perfectionist here.  Laughing Sometimes it's a good thing.  Wink 

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:34 am

I mean, I totally care about the countenance of my figurines, but even the tiniest mark that is only viewable up close can still drive me up the wall. Laughing Sad

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:19 am

QuollMate wrote:
I regret being born in 2000! Why not 1985 or something, so that way I could have lived the 90's and gotten all the good discontinued stuff? :3
I also really hate being a perfectionist. If I see a rub on my figure, I flip.  Evil or Very Mad 

Born in 1964 so I was there in 1985... And I didn't bought then the now discontinued stuff  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Regrets... Sometimes I regret not buying some animals I only saw once but I think missing models are a part of our collection, maybe the most important. Maybe a complete collection is a dead collection ? So... No regrets  sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:05 am

Kikimalou wrote:
QuollMate wrote:

Born in 1964 so I was there in 1985... And I didn't bought then the now discontinued stuff  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Regrets... Sometimes I regret not buying some animals I only saw once but I think missing models are a part of our collection, maybe the most important. Maybe a complete collection is a dead collection ? So... No regrets  sunny

I am happy that i forgot what i dont bought and dont have now:) But can we complete our collection if every years comes new stuff and with this big lot of animal figurines all over the world lol! 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Maybe a complete collection is a dead collection ?

I agree with this. If your collection is complete the search is over... where is the fun in that? sunny

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Maybe a complete collection is a dead collection ?

I agree with this. If your collection is complete the search is over... where is the fun in that? sunny
Nobody can complete a collection my friend. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:28 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Nobody can complete a collection my friend. Very Happy
Sure you can, it just depends on what the individual's idea of "compete" means to them. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Share your biggest regrets for your collection   Share your biggest regrets for your collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Share your biggest regrets for your collection
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next