Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!

Go down 
+13
Juan Andrés
orcagirl26
LeeAnn
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
Roger
sphyrna18
SUSANNE
john2xtheman
Geospiza fortis
MARTINLATIN
QuollMate
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Doug Watson

Country/State : Canada

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
So you make Safari's dinosaur figures? That's neat! Just out of curiosity, did you do their postosuchus? I love Safari's dinosaurs, you do a great job!

Yes. It is! No. Glad you like them, thanks.
Having said all that I will now go back in the weeds and respect my rule of not commenting on Safari Ltd. I just wanted to clear those original points up. I will continue reading everyone's comments here but I will not be posting at least until I retire if and when I do. So please if anyone else asks a question please do not be offended if I don't reply. I appreciate your interest but it is better if I observe only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magma.ca/~watsondn
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Doug Watson wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
So you make Safari's dinosaur figures? That's neat! Just out of curiosity, did you do their postosuchus? I love Safari's dinosaurs, you do a great job!

Yes. It is! No. Glad you like them, thanks.
Having said all that I will now go back in the weeds and respect my rule of not commenting on Safari Ltd. I just wanted to clear those original points up. I will continue reading everyone's comments here but I will not be posting at least until I retire if and when I do. So please if anyone else asks a question please do not be offended if I don't reply. I appreciate your interest but it is better if I observe only.

Doug, it is a pleasure to have you with us on forum. Of course it is your personal decision to determine the way that is more confortable for you to use the forum. We have some active members that are professional sculptors like you and that work to known companies, some visit us in a silent way while others found a way of participating activelly without mixing their comments with their profession. Whichever the way is better for you, it is good to have you among us. Very Happy
When you share information with a collector, you have to remember that for the collector it is a hot and exciting news and it is hard to find the border between what should be kept and what should shared with other collectors that share the same passion. Very Happy I often received confidential info from brands and it was hard to keep all info with me, obviously we know your personal professional life is in question and we respect it as much as possible.
By the way, you can use the link to your website, I enjoyed a lot visiting it and it was nice to know that your beloved daughter has the same name as my beloved niece! Laughing

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:22 pm

I will be hounest, I did not think that the information was to be kept private. and im sorry if I miss quoted, and perhaps ruin Trust. If he would of told me not to tell anyone I would never have said anything. Though I don't blame him, as it was done in private message, and I should of taken the Private part into consideration

Doug, I am sorry for betraying your trust, If I would of known better, I would of kept everything private.

Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:54 pm

@Doug Watson - or anyone-When are the new Safari dinosaurs being announced?
Also,this is what I predict:

Carnegie Collection:
Velociraptor

Wild Safari:
Kosmoceratops
Shunosaurus
Gorgosaurus

I'm very excited,I can't wait to see the new releases! drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Takama wrote:
I will be hounest, I did not think that the information was to be kept private.  and im sorry if I miss quoted, and perhaps ruin Trust.   If he would of told me not to tell anyone I would never have said anything.   Though I don't blame him, as it was done in private message, and I should of taken the Private part into consideration

Doug, I am sorry for betraying your trust, If I would of known better, I would of kept everything private.

Apology accepted Takama and no hard feelings, as I mentioned I was new to forums as well and I assumed what was said in a forum was public but what was said in a private/personal message was to remain private. I do appreciate your passion.
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Roger wrote:

Doug, it is a pleasure to have you with us on forum. Of course it is your personal decision to determine the way that is more confortable for you to use the forum. We have some active members that are professional sculptors like you and that work to known companies, some visit us in a silent way while others found a way of participating activelly without mixing their comments with their profession. Whichever the way is better for you, it is good to have you among us. Very Happy
When you share information with a collector, you have to remember that for the collector it is a hot and exciting news and it is hard to find the border between what should be kept and what should shared with other collectors that share the same passion. Very Happy  I often received confidential info from brands and it was hard to keep all info with me, obviously we know your personal professional life is in question and we respect it as much as possible.
By the way, you can use the link to your website, I enjoyed a lot visiting it and it was nice to know that your beloved daughter has the same name as my beloved niece! Laughing

Thank you Roger, as I said I have been enjoying the access to the fan feedback on my dinosaur and non-dinosaur pieces here for a while now as I do on the DTS and I have found it is better for me anyway not to participate in either defending or accepting praise for my work. I do have a dinosaur toy collection that goes back to the forties (before my childhood) and I also have some of the Marx, Lido, Auburn animal figures from my childhood that I have reacquired so I do comment from time to time on collecting and other members art work. For example I enjoy seeing what some fans do with repaints of my figures.
I am glad you like my web site, it is in real need of an update since I don't have any of my Safari Ltd work there, maybe someday I will get the time. Did you mean I should add my url to my posts. Not sure how to do that plus I am not really looking for more work so I don't push it.
Thanks again for the welcome and I hope you like the 2015s when they are revealed. P.S. Your niece has a lovely name.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:13 am

Doug Watson wrote:
Roger wrote:

When you share information with a collector, you have to remember that for the collector it is a hot and exciting news and it is hard to find the border between what should be kept and what should shared with other collectors that share the same passion. Very Happy  I often received confidential info from brands and it was hard to keep all info with me, obviously we know your personal professional life is in question and we respect it as much as possible.

Thank you Roger, as I said I have been enjoying the access to the fan feedback on my dinosaur and non-dinosaur pieces here for a while now as I do on the DTS and I have found it is better for me anyway not to participate in either defending or accepting praise for my work. I do have a dinosaur toy collection that goes back to the forties (before my childhood) and I also have some of the Marx, Lido, Auburn animal figures from my childhood that I have reacquired so I do comment from time to time on collecting and other members art work. For example I enjoy seeing what some fans do with repaints of my figures.
I am glad you like my web site, it is in real need of an update since I don't have any of my Safari Ltd work there, maybe someday I will get the time. Did you mean I should add my url to my posts. Not sure how to do that plus I am not really looking for more work so I don't push it.
Thanks again for the welcome and I hope you like the 2015s when they are revealed. P.S. Your niece has a lovely name.

Thanks from my and from my niece! Laughing
Once more I understand all your decisions but if you want and have time to show your vintage collection on our vintage section, we would love it for sure. Here is a good example of something that will not disturb all the peace you want when referring to your job. Feel free to do it, choice is always yours. Very Happy
I'll wait patiently to check 2015 news and give my feedback when oportune. bounce Very Happy

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:25 am

The new figures will be revealed in September?
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Roger wrote:

Thanks from my and from my niece! Laughing
Once more I understand all your decisions but if you want and have time to show your vintage collection on our vintage section, we would love it for sure. Here is a good example of something that will not disturb all the peace you want when referring to your job. Feel free to do it, choice is always yours. Very Happy
I'll wait patiently to check 2015 news and give my feedback when oportune. bounce Very Happy

Thanks again, Roger,
Wow I hadn't seen your vintage section here. I just had a quick look and that is something I might participate in when and if I find the time.
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:22 pm

It's now September!Hope we get to see them soon! bounce
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Where here??? What web site or what who has the new 2015 pics?? When where'll will while post the pics here???'
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

They aren't planning to release pics until December/January.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

That isn't what they said on their Facebook page when Juan Andrés asked: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They said they'll release them in late fall 2014.

Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That's not true.I asked about the info release a few days ago.They said they didn't know why is people telling that because they plan to relelase the info in the same time as the other years.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Juan Andrés wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That's not true.I asked about the info release a few days ago.They said they didn't know why is people telling that because they plan to relelase the info in the same time as the other years.

I linked their reply from Facebook in my previous reply Smile
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Thanks!Even so,I think they sre going to announce them sooner.I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement happened on of those days really,
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Juan Andrés wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Thanks!Even so,I think they sre going to announce them sooner.I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement happened on of those days really,

You're welcome! I don't know why everyone is saying a different date scratch It should be set by now.
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:45 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

You're welcome! I don't know why everyone is saying a different date scratch It should be set by now.
Sure!Last year we already knew some official info by this time!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:22 am

Juan Andrés wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Sure!Last year we already knew some official info by this time!

I'm surprised no one has found anything yet (pictures, retired items, etc.). I've been looking but haven't come across anything, Safari Ltd. seems to be keeping things under tight wraps this time!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 am

Juan Andrés wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That's not true.I asked about the info release a few days ago.They said they didn't know why is people telling that because they plan to release the info in the same time as the other years.
Well, that's really strange, I contacted them less than a week ago and got a reply saying they did not plan on releasing info or pictures until the new year begins. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This is the thread that has the exact message they sent me. So, sorry for the faulty info, that's just what they told me. Embarassed
On the bright side, I cannot wait for new pics!!! Smile

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 am

I wasn't trying to say that you were wrong, just saying I couldn't understand why you got a different release date than Juan Andrés. I apologize if I made you feel as if you were wrong or if I made you feel a certain way Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:55 am

Oh no no no no. No offense taken, not at all. And I'm sorry if I came off as offended, I was just explaining and apologizing for the confusion. Now I'm just contemplating why they would say two different things in only about a week or so of time. Maybe someone answered me that was uninformed vs. someone who actually knew on their Facebook page? scratch

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:09 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Oh no no no no. No offense taken, not at all. And I'm sorry if I came off as offended, I was just explaining and apologizing for the confusion. Now I'm just contemplating why they would say two different things in only about a week or so of time. Maybe someone answered me that was uninformed vs. someone who actually knew on they Facebook page? scratch

OK Smile You didn't come off as being offended, but I just wanted to say that I wasn't trying to make you feel offended and if I did make you feel that way without you showing it, I apologize. I have no idea why two answers were given scratch It seems like both their Facebook page and e-mails are managed by more than one person so it's probably likely that one person had more information than the other.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 am

No problem. Very Happy Only explanation for the difference in response is someone was just uninformed or didn't understand what was told to them. No worries however, I like the earlier release date. Laughing Wink

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:31 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
No problem. Very Happy Only explanation for the difference in response is someone was just uninformed or didn't understand what was told to them. No worries however, I like the earlier release date. Laughing Wink

Same here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next