Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!

Go down 
+13
Juan Andrés
orcagirl26
LeeAnn
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
Roger
sphyrna18
SUSANNE
john2xtheman
Geospiza fortis
MARTINLATIN
QuollMate
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:37 am

Share it. If they didn't not want it to go public, then why would they include it in the Email?

please share it

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:51 am

That's up to you. When anyone shares information like that (especially vital in terms of vulnerability of the info, for instance another company could steal the idea and make a release later in the year after hastily putting together a prototype to share with the public kind of a thing) it makes the company less likely to share things like that with the public in confidence. However, Takama did have a point, if they didn't explicitly say somewhere down the line that they would like it to be hush-hush then... Well, the ball is in your court I guess. Smile 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 2:06 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That's up to you. When anyone shares information like that (especially vital in terms of vulnerability of the info, for instance another company could steal the idea and make a release later in the year after hastily putting together a prototype to share with the public kind of a thing) it makes the company less likely to share things like that with the public in confidence. However, Takama did have a point, if they didn't explicitly say somewhere down the line that they would like it to be hush-hush then... Well, the ball is in your court I guess. Smile 

I'm familiar with the email in question, which is tradeshow promo picture. Technically, it is only meant for retailers to see. I Sasrlooswolfhound is 100% correct. In the past, there were retailers who leaked images of Safari & Schleich before the companies specifically gave permission, and both companies closed ranks, so to speak, & stopped sharing early images with any retailers; banned photos at tradeshows, etc. I always air on the side of caution & assume that when Safari, or any other company, wants to, they will release the images. But it is ultimately up to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Taking your posts into account, I will share it when the models are officially revealed if this photo is not revealed with them. My apologies for any disappointment, but I don't want to get myself in trouble. I really do want to show it!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:30 pm

No worries.  Smile Like I said if we leaked things like that all the time then the companies would never share things like that with the general community. It's a basic trust thing. And plus, we can all be patient... this time of year is great to learn that principle! (and re-learn it over and over every year) Laughing 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:26 pm

No worries. Sorry if I'm so inpatient.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:30 pm

You're not impatient, I'm excited too. No worries, like I said, we just have to tread softly or the companies will never share early with us. I'm just as impatient as you are to see what being offered this next year!

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Takama wrote:
Geospiza fortis wrote:
I'm guessing another ceratopsid will be released  this year. Perhaps nasutoceratops? I also haven't seen any new sauropods recently so camarasaurus or another titanosauriform is possible as there are already two diplodocoids. I have found Safari a very predictible brand at times, but not always.

I talked with one of Safaris Sculptors, and he said Safari is not keen on releasing more Sauropods cuz they think the public is unable to tell them apart  Rolling Eyes

That's strange Suspect The public must be able to tell different sauropod species apart with all the ones CollectA has released. Anyone who looks in a dinosaur book with the different species should be able to identify the differences  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:10 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Hahaha, so what? Is this a hint or something? I was just guessing Wink Wink  lol! 
*And sins I don't really like the current 'Boto' out there by the major brands, I just hoped this would be a Boto. Freshwater dolphin...
 I'm not saying it isn't a boto; I'm not saying it is, either.   tongue 

sphyrna18 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Hahaha, so what? Is this a hint or something? I was just guessing Wink Wink  lol! 
*And sins I don't really like the current 'Boto' out there by the major brands, I just hoped this would be a Boto. Freshwater dolphin...
 I'm not saying it isn't a boto; I'm not saying it is, either.   tongue 

Aaarhg XD Razz Well, what ever it is, it is a water animal, and I'm happy about that Very Happy

Oh, there are definitely some aquatic additions that will please collectors. At least one is a species that no other company has produced, at least none of the majors. Kaiyodo may have produced one as part of their Aqualand series from the 90s (not the same as Aquatales), and there is one other Japanese company that has produced one, but if I say the company name, I'd be giving too much away.  I've known about a few of the new intros since last year, actually, and I'm glad to see they are really well executed, at least in the photos.

Hmm  scratch Very interesting. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what aquatic animals are being released in 2015 based on these clues.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Well, once you figured it out let us all know?  Wink 

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Possibly  Very Happy tongue I have ideas, but I'm not 100% sure if I should say anything.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Possibly  Very Happy tongue I have ideas, but I'm not 100% sure if I should say anything.

You've nothing to lose :)
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:28 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Why's that?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Why's that?  Smile 

Because there's no harm in speculation (except on the stock market, but that's a whole other story). The worst that could happen is your guess is wrong. There's no penalty for that, so go nuts :)
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:34 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Why's that?  Smile 

Because there's no harm in speculation (except on the stock market, but that's a whole other story).  The worst that could happen is your guess is wrong.  There's no penalty for that, so go nuts :)

That's true  scratch I'm thinking it might be some species of porpoise... Suspect 
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:43 am

A new porpoise would be great.

Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:03 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
Takama wrote:
Geospiza fortis wrote:
I'm guessing another ceratopsid will be released  this year. Perhaps nasutoceratops? I also haven't seen any new sauropods recently so camarasaurus or another titanosauriform is possible as there are already two diplodocoids. I have found Safari a very predictible brand at times, but not always.

I talked with one of Safaris Sculptors, and he said Safari is not keen on releasing more Sauropods cuz they think the public is unable to tell them apart  Rolling Eyes

That's strange Suspect The public must be able to tell different sauropod species apart with all the ones CollectA has released. Anyone who looks in a dinosaur book with the different species should be able to identify the differences  Rolling Eyes 
The perceptions of the public towards the sauropod dinosaurs may be the excuse Safari gives for not wanting to produce many of them,but I bet the REAL reason is because they would likely be more expensive to mass-produce than other types of dinosaurs given that they would usually be the biggest of the line.

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 am

A small one would be nice.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:23 am

Amargusaurus and diplodocus are quite different. And they are both sauropods. I feel like the prehistoric market is too ignored. Especially prehistoric mammals.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:17 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
Why is that?

From your comment about a species that was only made by one Japanese company and not any major brands to date. I know there are other possibilities, but I'm just taking a guess.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:20 am

john2xtheman wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Takama wrote:
Geospiza fortis wrote:

The perceptions of the public towards the sauropod dinosaurs may be the excuse Safari gives for not wanting to produce many of them,but I bet the REAL reason is because they would likely be more expensive to mass-produce than other types of dinosaurs given that they would usually be the biggest of the line.

That's probably true, but I think Safari would also be losing money by not making one to another company that might make a species that's been ignored by Safari. They won't know how well a figure sells (or doesn't sell) until they produce it.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:28 am

I agree with you Emma. Though I think there are some mammal like reptiles that would be great additions to collections. I don't collect dinos at the moment, but when I get caught up with the "regular" animals of the big brands I plan on expanding and adding to my dino and oceanic animal sections.

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:35 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
john2xtheman wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Takama wrote:
Geospiza fortis wrote:

That's probably true, but I think Safari would also be losing money by not making one to another company that might make a species that's been ignored by Safari. They won't know how well a figure sells (or doesn't sell) until they produce it.

That's partially true; and that is why we often see companies releasing the same species other companies have previously released. Every new release is a gamble with the general public; however, we have to keep in mind that it isn't even the consumers who drive every decision - it's the retailers. Retailers are loathe to stock items that are not fast sellers and that take up a lot of shelf space. Sauropods are not as popular as theropods or ceratopsians; they do not sell as well overall from what I have heard. My own personal experience would tend to validate that, but I try not to over generalize. But from what I have heard, retailers can get really fussy when larger figures are introduced that they don't believe will fly off the shelves (and make room for more stock). In these instances, there are many retailers who simply won't stock the item. And it isn't necessarily the consumers who don't know the difference between the various species of - well anything, really. It's the retailers. Take for instance: there are a good number of retailers who do not realize that Safari 's black wolves are the same as their gray wolves, just repainted. Same with the black foxes. Scary. And true. They don't even know that there are different collections; just different sizes. So when they place their orders, they order "x" number of large black wolves (those would be the Wildlife Wonders figures), "y" number of medium black wolves (the Wild Safari NAW). Many retailers are not even close to experts, do not own a single book on the subjects, and don't have a clue about what animal they are ordering for stock; so long as the have a "brontosaurus" What a Face Rolling Eyes  on the shelves. In the current marketplace, there actually are fewer and fewer retailers who stock entire lines, all the companies are trying different strategies to catch retailer attention as much as consumer attention. CollectA is banking on collectors and specialty shops; Safari caters to zoo shops and museum stores; Schleich went big box with Walmart and Toys R Us; Mojo is staking its claim at Hobby Lobby; and Papo... well Papo is doing it's own little thing and banning it's products from Amazon and Ebay and limiting the number of online retailers that can stock their products. No one really knows what they hope to accomplish with that, but oh well. Each company therefore is trying to meet consumer demand as well as meet the requests of their retailers, who have more power than we as collectors tend to give them credit for.
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:20 am

I know what ALL of next year's releases are going to be!!!
They are going to be PLASTIC!!!

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next