Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!

Go down 
+13
Juan Andrés
orcagirl26
LeeAnn
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
Roger
sphyrna18
SUSANNE
john2xtheman
Geospiza fortis
MARTINLATIN
QuollMate
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 06:38

orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
Why is that?

From your comment about a species that was only made by one Japanese company and not any major brands to date. I know there are other possibilities, but I'm just taking a guess.

It's a good guess, too. Which species, though? Kaiyodo produced a Dall's Porpoise in the Animatales series; Yujin produced a Finless Porpoise...

Another clue: one of the new sealife figures is a common sight in public aquaria. Another new figure is not as common in aquaria, but Safari (& other brands) have made this species before with success.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 17:19

Could anyone give hints as to the new Wild Safari Dinosaurs?
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 21:43

sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
Why is that?

From your comment about a species that was only made by one Japanese company and not any major brands to date. I know there are other possibilities, but I'm just taking a guess.

It's a good guess, too. Which species, though? Kaiyodo produced a Dall's Porpoise in the Animatales series; Yujin produced a Finless Porpoise...

Another clue: one of the new sealife figures is a common sight in public aquaria. Another new figure is not as common in aquaria, but Safari (& other brands) have made this species before with success.

I was leaning more towards a Dall's porpoise scratch I had actually forgotten about the finless porpoise. I would say more so a Dall's porpoise since a finless porpoise was made by a major brand. I can figure out possibly what the other new sealife figure is if I'm thinking correctly (the one that's common in public aquaria) but it hasn't been narrowed down (i.e. mammal, fish, etc.).
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 21:51

Juan Andrés wrote:
Could anyone give hints as to the new Wild Safari Dinosaurs?

Sorry. I, for one, haven't seen or heard anything.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 22:24

orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
Why is that?

I was leaning more towards a Dall's porpoise scratch I had actually forgotten about the finless porpoise. I would say more so a Dall's porpoise since a finless porpoise was made by a major brand. I can figure out possibly what the other new sealife figure is if I'm thinking correctly (the one that's common in public aquaria) but it hasn't been narrowed down (i.e. mammal, fish, etc.).

I didn't specifically say any were fish or mammals;  Razz  Don't narrow down your guesses... throw all of them against the wall and see if something sticks.... See if this helps: the one I referenced as being common in public aquaria is one (note I didn't say the only one) that hasn't been produced by any of the major companies - it has only been produced by one Japanese company. The other I mentioned is a new sculpt of a species that has been previously produced by Safari as well as by other companies, but it is not a common species in public aquaria. These are not the only aquatic intros.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: Possible 2015 models?   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 22:49

this must mean that safari is producing a new leatherback sea turtle.  Very Happy 

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 22:50

Just throwing an idea out there (not really too much based on the clues because I'm not that familiar with previous or less known brands) but if Safari remade their sail fish that would be neat.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 22:57

sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
Why is that?

I didn't specifically say any were fish or mammals;  Razz  Don't narrow down your guesses... throw all of them against the wall and see if something sticks....  See if this helps:  the one I referenced as being common in public aquaria is one (note I didn't say the only one) that hasn't been produced by any of the major companies - it has only been produced by one Japanese company.  The other I mentioned is a new sculpt of a species that has been previously produced by Safari as well as by other companies, but it is not a common species in public aquaria.  These are not the only aquatic intros.  

I know you never specified if any were fish or mammals, just throwing out ideas  Smile

weaselfan93 wrote:
this must mean that safari is producing a new leatherback sea turtle.  Very Happy 

I never thought of this, it's possible though.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Just throwing an idea out there (not really too much based on the clues because I'm not that familiar with previous or less known brands) but if Safari remade their sail fish that would be neat.

I also didn't think of this either  scratch  

However, sailfish and leatherback sea turtles aren't found in any aquaria (that I can think of) but both are possible since one isn't popular in aquaria. I can think of a few shark species and mammals that are popular in aquaria... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 23:03

I'd love to see some deep sea sharks in the regular scale for figures (namely the Goblin Shark), those would be neat to see as figures.
I can't think of a popular aquaria animal yet... still speculating. Suspect scratch study 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 23:10

I was thinking either a sand tiger shark, a Pacific white-sided dolphin or a sea otter. I thought of a killer whale calf but when it was re-sculpted for the Wild Safari Sealife collection it didn't sell well. A goblin shark might be too ugly/scary for the public  Rolling Eyes  I doubt any of the 2015 aquatic releases are for the Monterey Bay, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 23:16

Safari has made one before (my absolute favorite dolphin I've seen from a company), and if they a good job again I'd buy it!  (this coming from someone who doesn't regularly collect sea life)Laughing

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 23:18

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Safari has made one before (my absolute favorite dolphin I've seen from a company), and if they a good job again I'd buy it!  (this coming from someone who doesn't regularly collect sea life)Laughing

I'd also buy it again, even if it's a re-sculpt for Monterey Bay. Could it also be a re-sculpt of their spotted dolphin?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2014, 00:01

Pacific White-sided Dolphin - always a popular species - but it has been done by Safari, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Colorata, Kitan Club, and Kinto Favorite AND it is common enough in public aquaria. Great guess, but nope. Goblin Shark is obviously not common in public aquaria, but it hasn't been produced previously by Safari or any other major (PlayVisions isn't a major since they're out of the animal figure game); only Japanese companies show the Goblin any love these days. So, nope.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2014, 05:08

sphyrna18 wrote:
Pacific White-sided Dolphin - always a popular species - but it has been done by Safari, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Colorata, Kitan Club, and Kinto Favorite AND it is common enough in public aquaria.  Great guess, but nope.  Goblin Shark is obviously not common in public aquaria, but it hasn't been produced previously by Safari or any other major (PlayVisions isn't a major since they're out of the animal figure game); only Japanese companies show the Goblin any love these days.  So, nope.  

In Safari Ltd's prehistoric sharks set, you can catch a shark related to the goblin shark.
They look alike.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2014, 08:50

QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
Pacific White-sided Dolphin - always a popular species - but it has been done by Safari, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Colorata, Kitan Club, and Kinto Favorite AND it is common enough in public aquaria.  Great guess, but nope.  Goblin Shark is obviously not common in public aquaria, but it hasn't been produced previously by Safari or any other major (PlayVisions isn't a major since they're out of the animal figure game); only Japanese companies show the Goblin any love these days.  So, nope.  

In Safari Ltd's prehistoric sharks set, you can catch a shark related to the goblin shark.
They look alike.

That's true, but a lot of animals look alike. Leopards and jaguars look alike. That doesn't make them the same. I love the idea of a goblin shark, and can't understand why one hasn't been added to Safari's or CollectA's rosters, but alas, as it stands, the scapanorhynchus figure does not = a goblin shark. Sorry. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.  No Laughing 
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2014, 12:26

I was just thinking, maybe it is a member of the sealions/walrusses?
And I still go with a Boto :3 Razz

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptySat 09 Aug 2014, 20:14

I'm not sure about it being a pinniped (even though sea lions are popular in public aquaria) Safari has two sea lions and a walrus already  scratch 
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptySat 09 Aug 2014, 20:28

orcagirl26 wrote:
I'm not sure about it being a pinniped (even though sea lions are popular in public aquaria) Safari has two sea lions and a walrus already  scratch 

Hmm, that is true...  scratch scratch Oh and Pinniped is a funny word XD Razz

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 15:08

Could the Wild Safari Sealife great white shark be getting a re-paint for 2015? Safari Ltd. has a picture on their Facebook page for their Shark Week contest: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 15:24

Maybe, its more splotchy than before. Could it be a new model?

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014, 15:32

Someone asked about it and all they said was that it was a re-paint, it's not pictured in their Collections section of their website yet  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2014, 11:22

Takama wrote:

I talked with one of Safaris Sculptors, and he said Safari is not keen on releasing more Sauropods cuz they think the public is unable to tell them apart  Rolling Eyes .

He  did say that they had him start on a Shunosaurus though, but they kept calling it off. I think that maybe they will finish it for this year

I would like to clarify and correct these statements. Takama contacted me in 2013 by way of a DTF personal message about Safari doing more sauropods and being new to forums I thought my comments would be kept private. He later repeated what I said and since then I no longer comment about Safari Ltd. I will make an exception here.

First, what I said is with sauropods the trick is to find one different enough and exciting enough that the uninformed could see the difference.

Second, I never said that I had started a Shunosaurus and it had been called off, what I did say is that I had suggested Shunosaurus. I never said that it had been accepted.

The final point I made to him in my PM and it is still valid is if you have suggestions for Safari Ltd the best way is still through their Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magma.ca/~watsondn
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2014, 14:30

Doug Watson wrote:
Takama wrote:

I talked with one of Safaris Sculptors, and he said Safari is not keen on releasing more Sauropods cuz they think the public is unable to tell them apart  Rolling Eyes .

He  did say that they had him start on a Shunosaurus though, but they kept calling it off. I think that maybe they will finish it for this year

I would like to clarify and correct these statements. Takama contacted me in 2013 by way of a DTF personal message about Safari doing more sauropods and being new to forums I thought my comments would be kept private. He later repeated what I said and since then I no longer comment about Safari Ltd. I will make an exception here.

First, what I said is with sauropods the trick is to find one different enough and exciting enough that the uninformed could see the difference.

Second, I never said that I had started a Shunosaurus and it had been called off, what I did say is that I had suggested Shunosaurus. I never said that it had been accepted.

The final point I made to him in my PM and it is still valid is if you have suggestions for Safari Ltd the best way is still through their Facebook page.
Welcome here:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2014, 14:39

widukind wrote:
[quote
Welcome here:)

Thank you, I have been reading the Safari Ltd thread here since before 2012 and enjoying your comments about my pieces, good or bad (I enjoy the good comments more)
Back to top Go down
http://www.magma.ca/~watsondn
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2014, 15:23

So you make Safari's dinosaur figures? That's neat! Just out of curiosity, did you do their postosuchus? I love Safari's dinosaurs, you do a great job!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: