Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!

Go down 
+22
Bowhead Whale
Viking Spawn
Damon
stecal
Ana
ulinuk
Noémi
Dutch Bear
Silver Unicornis
persefone
TheLastStardust
costicuba
Takama
NightLioness
A-J
smallscaleworld
NandO
Tiermann
Saarlooswolfhound
JonasV
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:02 am

Very nice background for the photos!Did you make it or buy it? It's fantastic Steve! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:29 pm

jonesee wrote:
What a fantastic photo setup, Steve! It's like I only dream about Very Happy

Thanks Jonas

Ana wrote:
Very nice background for the photos!Did you make it or buy it? It's fantastic Steve! Very Happy

Thanks Anna i made it myself, the back grounds are sheets of landscaped paper meant for railway dioramas and for the walls i used a mould for cake decorating with air drying clay and just painted them then added some fake ivy etc to hide the joins,the base is scatter grass just randomly glued on with patches of the base board showing to make it look like mud/dirt hopefully,the flowers,hedges and longer grass tufts i bought ready made off ebay as they were really cheap cheaper than making them myself and the rocks are real ones from my garden Very Happy

Thanks Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Damon

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:39 pm

This is how I usually work - Unfortunately my lens broke down and I can't afford a new one next couple of months. This means I can't make any good pictures at the moment. I have a small lamp which I usually hold up with my hands, so I can regulate the light as much as I want to, some need more light than others
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh, anyone curious, this is my desk, lol, it's CLEAN at this moment, trust me!! XD

Oh I almost forgot! I also have this !! I don't use it often ...

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:17 am

At LeeAnn's request...  Here is my set up.  Nothing too fancy.

Standard photo tent with 2 photo lamps.  I then use white construction paper as a backdrop and floor which helps illuminate the brightness and enhances my subject(s) details.

As for the camera, I use a Nikon Coolpix L810.  This particular camera received mixed reviews but my wife got it as a X-Mas present for me a few years ago (along with the photo tent).  For what I use it for, it suits my needs perfectly.  Especially since my primary focus is Macro photography.

And lastly, I use Picasa Web Albums (owned by Google) to edit (Picasa 3) and host my photographs/galleries.  

Here are pics of my set up:

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

(Sue the T-Rex) cyclops

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:30 am

Ahhh! So that is how you make such professional photos !!
Thankyou for sharing Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:12 am

A very nice set-up you have there Very Happy Not to big, but very effective!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Thank you for sharing Wayne! I considered buying one of those light tents, how big is yours? I noticed they come in several different sizes.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Here is where I photograph all my animals: the table of my dining room. But since I cannot use my camera to photograph my camera, here is no picture of my camera.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 8:15 pm

You can always use a mirror and no flash to picture your own camera. :)

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Got some Black Fabric for my Photo stand so i can photograph white animals. What do you all think?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 5:04 pm

I like black backgrounds and we can see very well these details. Are you inspired by Rebor? Laughing

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:00 pm

A perfect background for white animals.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 4:59 am

Yes ! A black background is beautyful !!! Very Happy

You must have a very good camera !
I have tried, and white models just become a white blob with no structure at all Rolling Eyes
( Or perhaps it is the one behind the camera, that is good cheers )

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 6:32 pm

The best light for taking close-up photos of your models, is outdoors on a slightly overcast day.  sunny
But most often, that is not possible, and taking indoors pictures can better be controlled, like we see in the SUY-topic of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last week , my good, old lamp broke, fell over, and also broke the bulp !! Shocked
It was a so called "Daylight" bulp, and getting it replaced was a challenge, because we don't have such fancy things out here.

The old bulp was a so called enegy saver, but these days you can get fantastic LED-bulps, and they are very energy efficient.
So I began chasing the internet.

I was lucky to find a shop with a very helpful young man, and perhaps some are interested to see what I found ? Very Happy

Here is a photo that was taken with the old energy-saver :

A LED bulp from the local store was much too yellow :

Here is a picture taken with the bulp that they kind mand recommended. I got it today, and I think it gives gives great light on the pictures:

All this is quite interesting. Also if I do not understand everything completely  geek

KEVIN Kevin[/url]( K) is the "temperature".
Warm light is  nice for a sittingroom, and 2700 is the standard for ordinary household light.

What I was not aware of, is the factor RA (Also called [url=Color Rendering Index]CRI[/url] ), which means the quality of the colour.  Laughing  
Sunshine is 100, and a bulp should not have a value under 80.

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 6:22 pm

I completely missed this topic, but it's so nice to see all the different setups! cheers It's a bit dark to photograph my setup at this moment, but I have a tiny photograph I put on Instagram a while back.

This is a little LED studio box I got from eBay. It isn't big enough for larger figurines, but for most figurines it's great Very Happy I use a Canon EOS 450D camera with a 18-55mm lens. And as you can see, I love to get myself a cup of tea when photographing a large batch of animal figurines! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 9:44 am

I want to share this, in case there are others who are in doubt what light to use when taking picture of our great hoppy Wink

cheers My new LED light bulp cheers

I am so happy, because since my old LED light bulp went on strike some time ago, I have not been able to find one with a light I like. Crying or Very sad
They seem to be changed all the time, and there are so many to choose from.

But at last !
I just found a rather cheap one recommended for people who tend to get a winter-depression !
The light is even so nice that I consider using them round the house also.  Very Happy

It is a simple, no-brand ordinary shape one for an ordinary lamp,
sunny 8W, 5000 Kelvin and Ra > 90 sunny

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 10:17 am

I use the exact same camera as Neomi for all my photos and this is where I take my photos:

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!    Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your photo setup(s) and/or camera(s)!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4