Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection

Go down 
+15
Anne from Norway
barracudacat
hawkins_zh
A.R.Garcia
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
costicuba
Tarunyada
Kikimalou
koniminiatures
Tupolew Tu-154
sauroid
LeeAnn
JonasV
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:47 am

I need to tell you something son... Your father is a Duck !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Congratulation Laura Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I need to tell you something son... Your father is a Duck !

Thanks. And for the laughs :)

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 12:14 am

Well, got the Safari ltd flippers,fins and fun set.  Thought I'd use their incredible creatures queen triggers for size comparison.  And the duplo lego...

Sorry for the pixelation

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 12:19 am

Lovely set cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:00 am

Very nice additions!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Thank you :)

So, we got our first playmobile set today. The flamingo exhibit. :)  And a safari ltd toob - exotic birds. In the process of recreating our local zoo. (We've got a yak standing in for the sachuan takins and there are a couple other substitutions of  questionable nature, but now we have some of the birds at least)

I think it might be safe to say the birds were a hit since i couldn't get the kids entirely out of the pictures:  "Flamingoes: Superheroes of the world!" :)

Last edited by Wilorvise on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:10 pm

cheers Congratulations!

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:13 pm

Congratulations, Laura Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Beautieful additions!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Thank you for your kind words, LeeAnn, Julie, Andreas :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:59 pm

I think your kids help a lot illustrating better how great that Safari toob is. I am sure they love flamingo and also ibis friends. Scarlet ibis is a specially wonderful bird. I never understood why Schleich never released a flamingo, kids love them. Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Hey Roger, I was cleaning and uncovered a box I have yet to send to you... only 5.5 to 7.5 years left before I get around to sending it. Laughing

Yeah the toob is pretty cool. Didn't safari and schleich have a partnership for a while? Maybe they had an arrangement that fell through? Who knows...perhaps it just didn't occur to them or management has a mild flamingo phobia?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Hey Roger, I was cleaning and uncovered a box I have yet to send to you... only 5.5 to 7.5 years left before I get around to sending it. Laughing

Yeah the toob is pretty cool. Didn't safari and schleich have a partnership for a while? Maybe they had an arrangement that fell through? Who knows...perhaps it just didn't occur to them or management has a mild flamingo phobia?

Laughing 5 to 7 years? Great, it gives you a lot of time to fill it up with lots of animal figures! tongue
Yes, they had a partnership but it was before Schleich love pink era! Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:47 pm

But if I open the box, the critter inside might escape. :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:50 am

Wilorvise wrote:
But if I open the box, the critter inside might escape. :)

lol!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:48 am

About flamingoes, it is indeed very strange for me that it is a rare animal in modern lines, it was so common in the XXth century. I even can't imagine a big brand without one then. And now? Bullyland, CollectA, Safari Ltd, AAA?... And a few Japanese models: Bandaï and Re-Ment
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:44 am

Those pictures are wonderful cheers
It is so great to see the models as what they are originally made for : PLAYING bounce Applause Very Happy

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 3:37 am

Mercy, Christophe. Tak Susanne.

We went to a zoo today a little further away than our usual one. Kids did okay on the drive. They had some collecta and safari ltd and the usual China stuff. Bit pricey on the larger models, but my son was able to make his own 10-piece sea life toob.

We then swung by a Wal-Mart which had yowies and we choose 7 at random.

Three yowies, four animals: common blowfish, Gray wolf, kangaroo, platypus.

Mostly for size reference, I took a couple pics. I think most of these have already been shown.

Safari ltd took fish w/ Yowie Common Clownfish

Yowies wolf howling with schleich wolf, cub and artic fox

Platypus from Animals of Australia s&n with Yowie Platypus

Kangaroos.
Noah pals karen/ kevin, safari ltd Jill w/ joey, schleich Jill w/ joey , schleich jack.
Yowies kangaroo, Science and nature's quokka, small grey kangaroo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 9:12 am

Beautieful newcomers, the new Yowies are great!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Beautyful yowies cheers
Laughing If I lived in USA I would ge seriously sick from eating so much chocolate to get them all pale Laughing

And that Safari TOOB-fish ! They are SO fine, - nothing like the horrible paintwork on many of them Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:42 am

Interesting these comparison pictures, I had no idea you owned such diversified collection. :)
No fennec? Crying or Very sad Laughing I would follow Susanne's idea to get that fennec although I am not crazy for chocolate. Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 6:45 am

Roger wrote:
Interesting these comparison pictures, I had no idea you owned such diversified collection. :)
No fennec? Crying or Very sad Laughing I would follow Susanne's idea to get that fennec although I am not crazy for chocolate. Very Happy

Diversified... yes, about that... I apparently went a little, perhaps slightly obsessive, on the acquiring many types of animals?

Lol. Yeah, it's a bit tempting to go crazy and get many, many, many.

We got these mostly as a treat and I've been told that I need to be "fiscally responsible."  
Maybe I'll manage to get a couple more under the guise of celebrating finishing paperwork? Very Happy Or my daughter's birthday? Possibilities

Alas, no Fennec so far.

But here's more size-comparisons.  And a totally useless non-comparison for the rabbit, since my daughter's "Incredible Creatures Eastern Cottontail Rabbit" is using it's camouflage quite efficiently and I haven't seen it for a couple days. (She also instantly claimed the rabbit as "mine!" My son seems to like the cartoonish Yowies better... )

Schleich panda adult & cub, Yowie panda, Papo panda adult & cubs

Schleich brown bear cub, Yowie brown bear, Schleich brown bear

Schleich polar bear cub walking, Yowie polar bear, Papo polar bear, walking

Safari Ltd (from toob) snowy owl, Yowie owl, CollectA barn owl

Yowie beaver, Schleich beaver (IYowie: "pray tell, could you spare a few branches?)

Schleich moose, Terra Battat horse, Schleich spider monkey, Yowie rabbit, Safari ltd orangutan... I'm sure this is by far the most helpful on size. Wink

Last edited by Wilorvise on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:08 am

Great additions,  especially the new Yowies :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Laughing Don't worry Laura, a collection is never too much diversified and there's a very efficient tool to help us to control our predator instincts... wallets! Wink That's the reason why I don't use one.
Those are very useful comparison pictures again, I never immagined the size of that owl and I also never thought that American beavers were so good keeping old neighbourhood traditions. Wink
Interesting that your daughter loves the cottontail rabbit from Safari, Incredible Creatures gained last years, a more children oriented vocation. Naturally your boy loves a little more the cartoon style, it makes him think in chocolate, perhaps. But... who is Silveria? scratch

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Are the Yowies available now? scratch bounce
Love the rabbit :3

Great new additions cheers sunny

PostSubject: Re: Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection   Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exerpts from Wilorvise's collection
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next