Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does CollectA have a strange texture...?

Go down 
+4
TheSpottedCat
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Kat26
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat26

Kat26

Country/State : IL USA

Does CollectA have a strange texture...? Empty
PostSubject: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 3:53 am

Hi everyone!
I am very interested in some CollectA (the gorgeous okapi and calf I love you) which will be my first CollectA. I will most likely get them anyway, but do they have a different feel to them? I saw a horse set at a nearby farm supply store (strangely they only had this set scratch) and it had a weird feel to it, really rubbery. I have mostly Schleich and I'm worried this will bother me. Do all CollectA feel like this? And will I get used to it?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:21 am

You are right, some of the horses have that rubbery feeling, I think it was especially the new ones made two years ago.
My theory is that they made the legs so thin and long that more stiff material would break.
But either I have gotten used to it, or they found a better material . Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:02 am

It' snot the case of most CollectA models Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:05 am

I don't think the material is weird. Yes, some of them are different, softer and more rubbery than the general Schleich figurine, but you don't think about it at all after a while.
At least the ones I have are not overly rubbery. I think the Schleich 13734 shire is worse than it comes to rubber-feeling. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:50 pm

You'll get surely used. Okapis from CollectA are excellent figures and wild animals are usually made of a denser material than horses. CollectA okapi is slightly softer than Schleich okapi but you won't notice it. It also allows CollectA to make these figures with more delicate legs than other companies. Don't use CollectA horses as a reference to the rest of the range because it is usually quite different. Even texture have dramatic differences. Horses are almost textureless while many wild animals have a very conspicuous texture. Go for it. Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Yes, as mentioned above the "older" horses are made of a rubbery plastic, though it seems CollectA has found a better material, as not all of them are made from that plastic. The Friesian, for example, is a much nicer hard plastic.

Kat26

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks everyone!
Although I think the CollectA horses are very pretty, I am mostly interested in wildlife.  I think it was an older horse too. I agree that the Schleich shire was really weird at first but if I got used to that I'm sure I will get used to CollectA.  
I am definitely getting the okapis! And maybe the tapir calf, and saola! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kat26

Kat26

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Oh! Also, don't know if this makes a difference, but the model was the lipizzan mare. Smile
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:32 am

Lipizzan Mare is a very old model. It's retired now. I think it's not Deborah's sculpt.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:44 am

donny ong wrote:
Lipizzan Mare is a very old model. It's retired now. I think it's not Deborah's sculpt.

Yes, it is not surely a Deborah sculpt. It belongs to the first phase of CollectA horses collection previous to the cooperation with Deborah. Though, as far as I know, first Deborah horses were made of a softer plastic than older ones. :)

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:22 am

Roger wrote:
donny ong wrote:

Yes, it is not surely a Deborah sculpt. It belongs to the first phase of CollectA horses collection previous to the cooperation with Deborah. Though, as far as I know, first Deborah horses were made of a softer plastic than older ones. :)

As far as I know, the first CollectA horses by Deborah from 2010 were of the harder plastic, then in 2011 and 2012 some of the horses released those years were of a more rubbery material, and in 2013 they went back to the harder material and have used that until now Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 am

Carola wrote:
Roger wrote:
donny ong wrote:

As far as I know, the first CollectA horses by Deborah from 2010 were of the harder plastic, then in 2011 and 2012 some of the horses released those years were of a more rubbery material, and in 2013 they went back to the harder material and have used that until now Very Happy

Yes, I think it is more correct like that, thanks for your reply. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Does CollectA have a strange texture...?   Does CollectA have a strange texture...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does CollectA have a strange texture...?
Page 1 of 1