Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!

Go down 
+20
Dark Pegasus
TheLastStardust
A.R.Garcia
Regy
Wilorvise
Damon
Noémi
Drakulka
A-J
Kikimalou
JonasV
sortepletter
christinavanderschouw
costicuba
ulinuk
QuollMate
Dum_my
Ana
SUSANNE
Roger
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:25 pm

The Tiddy Tat was also sent just today so Damon and A-J you are not the only one who send in the last day Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Lovely work Noémi! To think those are the same dogs. That's vision. :)

Drakulka

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am

My package has been shipped! Very Happy The last possible day, of course.... LOL! Hoping my swap partner will like it!

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:57 pm

I liked Emilia's style of preview so while the figures journey I decided to show one, too. jocolor

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by A.R.Garcia on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Well that's interesting! Wonder what it is scratch

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:31 pm

I think that is a wonderful aurochs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:28 pm

Isn't that a muzzle with some white on in the picture to the right ? Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Well, it seems like the last model isn't going to arrive, I've waited long enough. Oh well, I'll just call an end to this swap this year. Sad

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 3:24 pm

Aawww, really? That is sad Sad I hope the person still gets a nice repaint/custom from someone!

Hope next year, everyone will get a repaint/custom!
If there is s next year? affraid scratch bounce

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:07 pm

It's me Wink I'm not going to pester anyone for something, I'm the one that organized the swap so I'm not going to chase anyone down. It's not worth it.

I'm not sure if I'll do another one. I'm let down by having two models not arriving in the two years I've done it. I don't know if there are enough people interested that will actually follow through. We'll see, I'll think about it.

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:23 pm

I'm sorry. Thanks again for all your efforts in coordinating it.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:02 pm

I'm sorry LeeAnn, for those who sent and received models it was a fantastic adventure sunny

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:09 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
It's me Wink I'm not going to pester anyone for something, I'm the one that organized the swap so I'm not going to chase anyone down. It's not worth it.

I'm not sure if I'll do another one. I'm let down by having two models not arriving in the two years I've done it. I don't know if there are enough people interested that will actually follow through. We'll see, I'll think about it.

Aawww Sad That is so not nice! I can understand your view on it of course.
Dahm... I really hope there will be an other one (and it will be a tradition on STS too) Very Happy
I think enough people will join next time, at least the ones that actually sent a animal to their partner the last two times.

If I am honest, I hate the fact that something so fun can be ruined by just one or two people who didn't take their best to actually sent something (even if it is over the date and late..) to their partner, so the rest who did sent something will not get an other chance. Of course, again, I understand that you will not organize one this year because of that Wink It is just... ahrg XD

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Aw, it so sad to hear that Sad
Many thanks for LeeAnn for organizing the swaps Applause . I've really enjoyed the last two times. Seeing all those creative customs people made. It's hard to see something beautiful like this end this way...

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 pm

OHHH, NO !!!! You didn't get a model for both years ????? affraid

That is terrible !!!! I am so sorry to hear it  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad

Some people should be ashamed of themselves Suspect

LeeAnn, let me take this chance to tell you how much I enjoyed it , and thank you 1000 times ! flower  flower  flower  flower  flower
You made me dare to try something new, and it was so much fun sunny

You did such a fantastic job, - so much work and so perfectly done, as always with everything you do !!!!
You are always the one to go the extra mile Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:55 am

Susanne: what LeeAnn meant was that in both years of the repaint/custom SWAP, there was one member who didn't sent an animal to his/hers partner (well, two members, as I think it was not the same person in those two years XD).
So two animals in two years not sent Wink
She received a Fjord in the first year, if I remember correctly Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
I'm sorry. Thanks again for all your efforts in coordinating it.

Thank you Laura, I hope you had fun Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
I'm sorry LeeAnn, for those who sent and received models it was a fantastic adventure sunny

Thanks Christophe Very Happy I'm glad you enjoyed it!

NightLioness wrote:

Aawww Sad That is so not nice! I can understand your view on it of course.
Dahm... I really hope there will be an other one (and it will be a tradition on STS too) Very Happy
I think enough people will join next time, at least the ones that actually sent a animal to their partner the last two times.

If I am honest, I hate the fact that something so fun can be ruined by just one or two people who didn't take their best to actually sent something (even if it is over the date and late..) to their partner, so the rest who did sent something will not get an other chance. Of course, again, I understand that you will not organize one this year because of that Wink It is just... ahrg XD

I agree, and that's why I'm still undecided on doing it or not again next year. There are so many deserving members here that I know will follow through, but to constantly pester the people that don't is frustrating, especially when nothing comes of it. If I have the time I can squeeze it in, but for now I already have so much on my plate that I need to get other things done first Very Happy We'll see, you never know what a sneaky fjord will come up with Wink

A-J wrote:
Aw, it so sad to hear that Sad
Many thanks for LeeAnn for organizing the swaps  Applause . I've really enjoyed the last two times. Seeing all those creative customs people made. It's hard to see something beautiful like this end this way...

I'm really glad you had fun with it Very Happy Thank you!

SUSANNE wrote:
OHHH, NO !!!! You didn't get a model for both years ????? affraid

That is terrible !!!! I am so sorry to hear it  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad

Some people should be ashamed of themselves Suspect

LeeAnn, let me take this chance to tell you how much I enjoyed it , and thank you 1000 times ! flower  flower  flower  flower  flower
You made me dare to try something new, and it was so much fun sunny

You did such a fantastic job, - so much work and so perfectly done, as always with everything you do !!!!
You are always the one to go the extra mile  Applause  

Karin is right - I did get a model the first year (Anna's gorgeous Fjord) but not this year, but that's okay, I'll live Wink I got my enjoyment from coordinating this swap and I don't need something material to make up for it. That's just a bonus for me. And I know Julie likes the manatee I sent to her, so that makes me happy I love you I didn't want to post here at first that it was me missing the model but I didn't want anyone to think I was giving up on someone else. I would still be after someone to get a replacement model if someone else still needed a model cheers

I'm glad you had fun with it Susanne, and I hope that if this swap does happen again next year, that you will participate Very Happy

I think the hard part with this is we are all very widely spaced, we don't live on the same continent and shipping is long and expensive. And over such a distance packages get lost. I understand that. Sometimes packages are shipped but we never get them, we don't know for sure. Sometimes these packages show up months or even years later. When we're working on a schedule to get things sent out as quickly as possible in order to arrive to the other person in a reasonable span of time, it complicates things when packages don't arrive right away. Who knows, maybe something will show up someday Wink Of course, I'm still keeping a good light on STS and the swap, I'm not going to let a few people ruin it for everyone, believe me. You'll just have to wait and see. sunny

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Dear LeeAnn, I'm so sorry to hear this happened again after the first SWAP, and I'm even more saddened to hear that it was you who didn't receive your SWAP package! I don't know the story behind it of course, maybe, as you said, the package got lost.. I hope you will stil receive it! And as you know, I'm extremely happy with the lovely manatee you made! Repaints are really fun, customs are awesome but completey homemade figurines.. That's just.. Wow! I love you

I understand it if you're not going to organize any SWAP in the (near) future, but for my first time participating in the SWAP, I had lots of fun! Not only waiting in tension (a fun tension of course cheers) for which person you'll be making the SWAP, but also the repainting/customizing process and in the end, all the pictures of all the figurines with their new owners! cheers

So despite this set back, a HUGE thank you to LeeAnn!! cheers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:55 pm

Thank you so much Julie for your insight Very Happy I'm glad you enjoyed the swap and the manatee you got from me. I'm definitely considering doing it again but I need to work out some changes if it will happen again.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:58 am

LeeAnn, I also want to thank you for coordinating that initiative. Actually, it is a wonderful tradition that you started on STS and that serves to strengthen links between very nice people from the entire world and share this wonderful hobby, making friends, collecting together, sending gifts, trading, helping, etc. We are a community proud of the great moral and spiritual values that we, as a community, try to share where the collecting subject is just a symbol of a huge love for Nature and respect. So, I understand you perfectly, in a community where the good examples are dominant, expectations are high and when anyone fails, it is a huge disappointment. The decision of you continuing coordinating these initiatives belongs only to you, we trust in you, we admire your work and we share your sadness of the act that made you not to receive your figure. Even you don't have time or motivation, remember always the good side, the great people that participated honestly, the huge joy shared in these topics. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:15 pm

Thank you Roger Very Happy Of course, most everyone here are great people, amazing people, fantastic friends. But anywhere you go there are just a few bad apples unfortunately Sad

PostSubject: Re: The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!   The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The SECOND STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!!
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10