Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
costicuba
Wilorvise
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:03 pm

The Golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) is one of the best-known birds of prey in the Northern Hemisphere. It is the most widely distributed species of eagle.
Once widespread across the Holarctic, it has disappeared from many areas which are now more heavily populated by humans. Despite being extirpated from or uncommon in some of its former range, the species is still fairly ubiquitous, being present in sizeable stretches of Eurasia, North America, and parts of North Africa.

But ok you can read many many things about Golden eagles on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Suspect

So what about the model? In the toy world, the Golden eagle is the only serious competitor of the Bald eagle, even if the Golden eagle was more produced by vintage brands than nowadays.

The Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle is a member of the well known 1999 to 2003 ”Birds of Prey” series by Schleich.

It is so famous that I never thought about making a walkaround. Who need this?  Nobody of course.!  Laughing

Nevertheless… It isn’t a good reason for avoiding a few pics Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:28 pm

A great oldie! I am happy today that i bought this figurines in a time where i dont collect figurines really. :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Gorgeous bird

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 5:59 pm

Ohhhh! I remember when the mailman brought me the parcel with this from Germany, containing this gorgeous model drunken

It will always be among the most beloved figurines of my collection, - thankyou very much for this walkaround, Christophe Applause

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:29 am

Kikimalou wrote:

It is so famous that I never thought about making a walkaround. Who need this?  Nobody of course.!  Laughing

Me me me me me  bounce  Laughing
Thank you for this beautiful walkaround.
And it is very helpful for a person like me, I never see that model before..
It looks very very nice. :)
And now I see that this is the model from STS logo by Anna :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 4:20 am

Thank you to be here Andreas, Laura, Susanne and Kosta Very Happy

Five good reasons for making this walkaround cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:58 am

I hope I am also a good reason. Wink
I am sure it is very important to have walk arounds of known and popular figures. They bring the interest of several people and sometimes they can even be a good surprise to some collectors like it happened with Kosta. Very Happy
I am also an enthusiast of this figure, I received it a long time ago from Susanne and I keep it proudly in my collection! Very Happy
I find so interesting that contrast you mentioned about vintage and modern brands. Golden eagles were really much more popular in old times, now, by far, American bald eagles are more popular in toy shape, contrast is so evident while checking their respective pages at Toy Animal Wiki.
And from memory, we know that there are several more golden eagles made of composition material than those listed there at this moment.
There are surely good reasons to explain that but I don't know them.
What I can say is that most people in Portugal call both species "águia real" that is the Portuguese name to the golden eagle. Though, due to football reasons, the bald eagle turned more popular but most people keep calling it a golden eagle. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:14 pm

costicuba wrote:

Ahhh! Yes !!!! There he is cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Roger wrote:
I am sure it is very important to have walk arounds of known and popular figures. They bring the interest of several people and sometimes they can even be a good surprise to some collectors like it happened with Kosta. Very Happy
I am also an enthusiast of this figure, I received it a long time ago from Susanne and I keep it proudly in my collection! Very Happy
I find so interesting that contrast you mentioned about vintage and modern brands. Golden eagles were really much more popular in old times, now, by far, American bald eagles are more popular in toy shape, contrast is so evident while checking their respective pages at Toy Animal Wiki.
And from memory, we know that there are several more golden eagles made of composition material than those listed there at this moment.
What I can say is that most people in Portugal call both species "águia real" that is the Portuguese name to the golden eagle. Though, due to football reasons, the bald eagle turned more popular but most people keep calling it a golden eagle. Laughing

Laughing A croc is always a good reason for a macaque Wink

"águia real"? It's funny because in French Golden eagle is named "Aigle royal" despite some BBC earth series translators called it "Aigle doré" Rolling Eyes
In French the name of the Bald eagle is "Pygargue à tête blanche" so it is hard to confused. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Great walk around of a very nice model. A model from the very good times of Schleich Very Happy I think it is very majestic eagles, the proud posture suit this bird very well. Very Happy
And how nice are these excellent, clear photos with nice royal purple background. Thank you for this topic Christophe! cheers king

SUSANNE wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Ahhh! Yes !!!! There he is cheers

Yes, it's this model indeed. And you know what I saw for a moment? The whitish nostrils of reindeer look a bit like a question mark above the head of that eagle Laughing I must be tired to see these silly things rendeer  question

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You made my day Ana cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  You made my day Ana cheers
You're welcome cheers lol! Laughing

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Ana wrote:

Yes, it's this model indeed. And you know what I saw for a moment? The whitish nostrils of reindeer look a bit like a question mark above the head of that eagle Laughing I must be tired to see these silly things rendeer  question

Hahaaa Laughing Laughing Laughing
That was the joke of the day lol!
I have to say, becouse of your great repainted reindeer Anna (I know both beautiful variations - yours and for Susanne),
I bought one Papo reindeer for me and I will repaint it one day :)
I hope I will make it as good, as yours are sunny

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 12:32 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing  A croc is always a good reason for a macaque Wink

"águia real"? It's funny because in French Golden eagle is named "Aigle royal" despite some BBC earth series translators called it "Aigle doré" Rolling Eyes
In French the name of the Bald eagle is "Pygargue à tête blanche" so it is hard to confused. Very Happy

Portuguese names are also hard to mix, I was talking of common sense, whenever someone sees a big eagle, it is almost always called an "águia real". Bald eagle is called here "águia-de-cabeça-branca", that means the same as in French and translates to English as white-headed eagle. The other name of this eagle is "pigargo americano", so, again a close connection with the French language. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:47 am

Well Rogério, I learned something today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 9:11 am

costicuba wrote:
Ana wrote:

Hahaaa Laughing Laughing Laughing
That was the joke of the day lol!
I have to say, becouse of your great repainted reindeer Anna (I know both beautiful variations - yours and for Susanne),
I bought one Papo reindeer for me and I will repaint it one day :)
I hope I will make it as good, as yours are sunny

Glad you found the reindeer remake inspiring! I can't wait to see how will you paint yours Very Happy

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Such a great model cheers Congrats my friend Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:05 pm

Thank you LeeAnn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 16701 Golden Eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1