Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sable antelope discussion!!!

Go down 
+23
MartinH
WILLYBACOMAN
baltimore zoo
ze_neto
Numa
SUSANNE
pm64
Egbert
m.davis.15
lucky luke
Admin
widukind
Kiryuha
Rio
Joan Milelire
Kikimalou
skysthelimit
nyarlahotep
HKHollinstone
Philter4
atabini
Kristie
Roger
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Sable antelope discussion!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:15 am

That's it dear friends! Very Happy
Sable antelope is the great winner for the 2012 STS Mojo Fun figure!!! Very Happy
Thanks again to all! But it is not finished, now it’s time to we work again as a big team and discuss the figure and tell to Mojo how we wwould like it to be! The pose, size, colouring, expression, etc.

I hope your participation again and please enjoy, is not a votation but a space with some ideas to show to the developers! :) Idea

And we will have more nice surprises!!! Suspect Idea Very Happy

Sable antelope discussion!!! Sable-IMG_2659-02
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 am

I suppose the sable antelope will grow on me. Poor Gaur.

Actually, I rather like the photo you just posted, Roger! That's a nice pose. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:06 am

About color variation maybe they can make two of them, the dark one (black) for the male and the brown one for the female.

about the pose the one you show could be one of them, or maybe one grazing and one resting.

Sable antelope discussion!!! 11500210

Sable antelope discussion!!! 11500211

Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:26 am

As far as size, the different subspecies are normally between 6 and 7 ft from head to tail and between 4 and 5 ft high at the shoulder. In Schleich scale that is between 3.5 and 4.6 inches long, with a shoulder height of 2 to 2.5 inches. My thought would be to have them make the giant sable so the figure could be around 4.6 inches from head to tail with a shoulder height of 2.5 inches.

I have never seen the figures in person so I don't know what the normal scale they use is, but if it is close to Schleich I would be happy.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 am

It would be very nice to have both a female and male but out of the two colours I love the female's coat colour a very rich sandy red colour.
Pose as Alejandro said a lying pose would be lovely - but I rather like these poses...
This is a Roan Antelope but it's the pose that I really like
Sable antelope discussion!!! Roan_antelope
or this one, this is a Sable female:
Sable antelope discussion!!! Sablefemaleantelope

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
nyarlahotep

Country/State : kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am

I would like it to have detailed musculature. I want it to be a striking, powerful looking figure. I'd prefer it be a big bull with large horns and dark fur.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 am

Watch out guys, or our crazy Mojorator will make another poll for choosing a picture Laughing

Alejandro, I like your second pic, grazing sable...

Maybe like this:

Sable antelope discussion!!! Hippotrague_noir1

Sable antelope discussion!!! 76835720.orjkno7M

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Zambian_Sable_Antelope.jpg

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:46 am

... and males

Sable antelope discussion!!! Male-Roosevelts-sable

Sable antelope discussion!!! Male-common-sable

and imagine if they could add that birdie on animal, picking bugs, that would be so great Wink

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 am

A "standart" pose would be fine to me. Such an antelope is wonderful enough in itself. Cool

Sable antelope discussion!!! FL007117

Sable antelope discussion!!! G6awtj
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
A "standart" pose would be fine to me. Such an antelope is wonderful enough in itself. Cool
Yes I'd be happy with a standing pose too! I just thought some collectors liked a little more action in their models.

Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:12 pm

First of all I want to say that I'm sure Mr. Connolly will be happy with wue winner Cool
About the pose, one of the characteristics of the brand is to sculpt figures with "movement". I think a walking pose will be fine. About the colours... I must think a little bit about it.
Another important thing is the scale. Don't forget about that!

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Personally, I'm not too fussed about scale but that's because I don't really make accurate dioramas.

Pose wise, I like the movement in the first picture that Harriet posted. A standing pose is also good because the Anteleope looks regal enough.

Colour, I like the black/blueish coat the best :)

But I am sure that I will purchase the model what ever it may look like.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Rio wrote:

Colour, I like the black/blueish coat the best :)

But I am sure that I will purchase the model what ever it may look like.
cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Well, I'm the "Mojorator", OK! But first of all I'm a member and have my own oppinion too!Wink
First of all agree completly with Phil, the subspecies giant sable antelope is my favourite and for many reasons: first because it is classified as a critical endangered species even it is a subspecies, then because is a symbol of a nation related with Portugal, Angola, the only country where we can find it! And I think the larger size makes it easier to do because antelopes are very hard sculptings due to safety rules!
The pose is not a big problem, unless it compromises the balance of the figure, the standing classic pose is interesting because in my opinion is the pose that shows better the elegance of the animal, anyway thinking in those who makes dioramas, the pose of the roan antelope in Harriet's pic is perfect! ...and I don't like static poses!
Ahahah, loved to see Kiki suggesting a classic Schleich pose and Harriet a pose with a very Mojo style!!!Laughing monkey Wink Both are nice for the balance of the figure!
If we only have one figure, I'd loved the male with darker coat even I think the chestnut of females and calves are very beautiful too! Very Happy :pirate:
Rio, you are absolutly right, I'll buy it for sure, and it will have a very special place in my collection, the figure that was a choice from our friends! Very Happy Very Happy Unfortunately 2012 looks very far!!! Sad

Sable antelope discussion!!! A0148-000707
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:54 pm

My only wish is that its head should be looking forward, not sideway, i.e. unlike Kudu or Zebras by Schleich. I'm kinda tired of animal figures with their heads turned...
And in general, I'm a bit disappointed with the result of the voting, because:
1) there are plenty of hoofed animal figures on the market now;
2) there are too few tree-dwelling animal figures by major brands Sad ;
3) sable is not among my favorite antelope species...
But it's democracy and I respect other people's choice, of course. Wink

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
My only wish is that its head should be looking forward, not sideway...
I agree, the profile is the best side of that animal. It brings out the horns and strong neck

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:04 pm

A normally brown Sable Antelope in a standing or walking position is fine. My wish, a little bit smaller than Schleich.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Roger wrote:

Ahahah, loved to see Kiki suggesting a classic Schleich pose and Harriet a pose with a very Mojo style!!!Laughing monkey Wink Both are nice for the balance of the figure!

Wink I suggested a classic BRITAINS pose indeed Laughing

Sable antelope discussion!!! Hyppotrague-1

But why not a PLAYVISION pose if you prefer Laughing

Sable antelope discussion!!! Hyppotrague-4
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi friends here´s my favourite:

Sable antelope discussion!!! Lineol28
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Yes, a great black sand antelope, I concur with Chris, a handsome black male, proud, beautiful poses a majestic animal like itself.
This antelope is sufficient to itself, no need to ask sophisticated spirit of either grazing or lying with his face .... etc. cheers sunny

I found a nice picture with a pose ..... study

Sable antelope discussion!!! Sable_10

In fact I am not a hunter and I do not ever squeezed! Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 pm

I like the pose that of Lionel and I are well in line, it is not Cole on the rest of the body, good option .....! sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 pm

[quote="Kikimalou"]
Roger wrote:

Wink I suggested a classic BRITAINS pose indeed Laughing

But why not a PLAYVISION pose if you prefer Laughing

Laughing Thanks Kiki for your pictures, I am not those who thinks Schleich has invented everything!!!Wink
...and my Mojo hyena is very happy with my Britains giant sable antelope! Indeed my favourite because is the only one I have! tongue Torben, thanks also for the picture of this fantastic Lineol sable, again Liol and Lineol! cheers
Sable antelope discussion!!! Xbrisa
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Looks like you found a midnight snack for Mojo hyena Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:12 pm

lucky luke wrote:
I like the pose that of Lionel and I are well in line, it is not Cole on the rest of the body, good option .....! sunny

I like the tail too! Of course horns are exagerated, it looks more like ibex horns but there are an artistic touch that gives a special elegance to these Lineol figures!:)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi friends here´s my favourite:
Oh yes Torben, the Lionel is the perfect role model cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sable antelope discussion!!!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next