Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sable antelope discussion!!!

Go down 
+23
MartinH
WILLYBACOMAN
baltimore zoo
ze_neto
Numa
SUSANNE
pm64
Egbert
m.davis.15
lucky luke
Admin
widukind
Kiryuha
Rio
Joan Milelire
Kikimalou
skysthelimit
nyarlahotep
HKHollinstone
Philter4
atabini
Kristie
Roger
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:06 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I like the last picture you posted Numaan - if it was modelled exactly like that it would be perfect.
The other two pictures are stunning and I know one is real but they look too stiff to me.

I agree with you Harriet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Me too Harriet. I think the little chappie above was woken in the middle of his afternoon nap Sleep Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:23 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I like the last picture you posted Numaan - if it was modelled exactly like that it would be perfect.
The other two pictures are stunning and I know one is real but they look too stiff to me.

Lol perhaps you are right but I like the pose of its legs in picture one - it is standing in a firm and confident pose. However Pictures 2 and 3 are my favourite.

Picture 2 is a sculpture I came across and I think that it is absolutely magnificent - the bull is walking with confident and with such poise - its magnificence has been captured beautifully.
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:48 pm

I think you have something Numaan, perhaps if you had the slight movement and body mass of your last image with the head position and direction quite similar to the sculpture then that would be a very nice pose.

Just one question about the sculpture? Although the body is beautifully sculpted the head is completely wrong, don't you think? What a shame, if the head was correct it would be a stunning piece What a Face
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Egbert wrote:
Just one question about the sculpture? Although the body is beautifully sculpted the head is completely wrong, don't you think? What a shame, if the head was correct it would be a stunning piece What a Face
Yes you're right Egbert, the sculpture has no forehead. The forehead should stick up and then the horns are on top, with this sculpture the horns are almost coming out of it's eyes Shocked but it's still a lovely statue. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Egbert wrote:
I think you have something Numaan, perhaps if you had the slight movement and body mass of your last image with the head position and direction quite similar to the sculpture then that would be a very nice pose.

Yes I was wondering when someone would mention it. The sculpture to me is perfect in every way apart from where the horns are situated - they are a little too low down the head but I hope that if this pose is used that Mojo will correct the head shape and horns...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:16 am

One more time thanks for your help choosing the future of the STS Mojo figure!
Reading carefully your comments looks consensual that our antelope will be a standing figure, looking forwards and a large male with a dark coat! I hope a giant sable antelope! :)
I will give you some feedback during the development process! :)
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:53 am

Hi guys, I've been away for a while and I think poll is ended, but I want to state my opinion. I totally agree with the position you chose. A sable antelope is such a majestic animal and deserves a regal pose!
Roger wrote:
Reading carefully your comments looks consensual that our antelope will be a standing figure, looking forwards and a large male with a dark coat! I hope a giant sable antelope! :)

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Thank you Zé Neto!
Mojo will send me 2 or 3 images representing what would be the final pose for the sable, and again feel free to comment, agreeing or desagreeing, you are always welcome! Remember that it is our first figure and the responsability is huge! What a Face Very Happy
Keep your eyes open! Wink
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am

Hello Roger. My friend, you're absolutely right! We ought to keep our eyes opened and give our opinions. I dare to say this poll can be the first of many colaborations between us and the companies.
Let me ask you: can you give some informations about Mojo, such as its website? I'd like to konow a bit more about it and be sure that I'll be able to purchase its products.
A great hug, Zé.

Roger wrote:
Thank you Zé Neto!
Mojo will send me 2 or 3 images representing what would be the final pose for the sable, and again feel free to comment, agreeing or desagreeing, you are always welcome! Remember that it is our first figure and the responsability is huge! What a Face Very Happy

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:49 am

Hello Zé Neto!
Fortunately I already have some Mojo figures and can tell you that they are starting with a very interesting quality, their website is www.mojofun.eu, there you can find e-mail contact, facebook, twitter, etc.
The catalogue's link is already in some topics anyway here goes!
www.mojofun.eu/catalogue! Very Happy

ze_neto wrote:
Hello Roger. My friend, you're absolutely right! We ought to keep our eyes opened and give our opinions. I dare to say this poll can be the first of many colaborations between us and the companies.
Let me ask you: can you give some informations about Mojo, such as its website? I'd like to konow a bit more about it and be sure that I'll be able to purchase its products.
A great hug, Zé.

Roger wrote:
Thank you Zé Neto!
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello Roger,
Thanks for the websites. I really enjoyed their figures. Where do you buy the figures? The store I know do not sell Mojo figures, and on Ebay they're absent!

[quote="Roger"]Hello Zé Neto!
Fortunately I already have some Mojo figures and can tell you that they are starting with a very interesting quality, their website is www.mojofun.eu, there you can find e-mail contact, facebook, twitter, etc.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello Zé Neto!
Mojo is a very new brand, is not easy to find their figures in shops yet!
I think that the USA distributor is
http://www.endlessgames.com./
...and MPV is already selling some prehistoric figure:
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/index.php
Simce I have more informations I'll tell you!

[quote="ze_neto"]Hello Roger,
Thanks for the websites. I really enjoyed their figures. Where do you buy the figures? The store I know do not sell Mojo figures, and on Ebay they're absent!

Roger wrote:
Hello Zé Neto!

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:41 am

Roger wrote:

Hi Roger

This is a bit late but given that the model will stand and looking forwards then can I recommend this pose?

It is a pose which is in one of my old wildlife books and is a drawing. I have loved this picture for a long time as the Antelope looks like it is in a rutting or defensive posture. It is quite smart and very handsome looking with the head slightly lowered as if it is displaying its strong horns. What do you think?

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 Image168
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 am

It's a very lovely pose!
Numaan what is the title of your book - the drawings look really nice - I need a good book like that.

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:03 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
It's a very lovely pose!
Numaan what is the title of your book - the drawings look really nice - I need a good book like that.

I have a number of books on African Mammals and wildlife that are great to refer to for pictures. The book that this Sable antelope picture is taken from is a very thick and heavy book shown here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Encyclopedia-Mammals-David-Macdonald/dp/0199206082/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301492698&sr=1-3

This book contains photos as well as drawings of many animals some of which are in great poses.

Other great books in my collection which I recommend are:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingdon-Field-Guide-African-Mammals/dp/0713665130/ref=sr_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301492809&sr=1-18

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Field-Guide-Larger-Mammals-Africa/dp/1770073930/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301492941&sr=1-2

For extinct animals these books are an absolute MUST! A complete bible as such on many extinct species such as Quagga, bluebuck etc:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/encyclopedia-vanished-species-David-Day/dp/0947889302

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gap-Nature-Discovering-Extinct-Animals/dp/0434008192/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301493756&sr=1-2

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks Numaan, it's a very interesting pose, fortunately the choosen species is interesting in all poses! Is beautiful.
Maybe some late but I'm sure you will love the final pose.:)
And the discussion is open, everything about the figure is very welcome!!!:)

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
It's a very lovely pose!

I have a number of books on African Mammals and wildlife that are great to refer to for pictures. The book that this Sable antelope picture is taken from is a very thick and heavy book shown here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Encyclopedia-Mammals-David-Macdonald/dp/0199206082/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301492698&sr=1-3

This book contains photos as well as drawings of many animals some of which are in great poses.

Other great books in my collection which I recommend are:
Thanks for all the links Numaan, all those books look fantastic, I especially like the look of "The Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals"!

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Lovely pictures !

I've just been looking through my books and found this picture. Personal taste, he is perfect for me ! The colour, the pose, he is just gorgeous. My picture has made his colours a little light.

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 SDC11083

Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Gorgeous indeed cheers

Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Great picture! It reminds me of the Britain's Sable Antelope. How old is the book? I wonder if Britain's used that picture for theirs. Lovely picture you have found by the way.

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 BritainsSable

I think Britain's made the best Sable antelope so far. The detailing, posture and overall sculpting is superb for such a small model. Love it!

Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 pm

I think the edition I have is from 1971. Part of a four part series that I got last year from the open day at work.

That is a very nice model !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Rio wrote:
I think the edition I have is from 1971. Part of a four part series that I got last year from the open day at work.

Interesting. The Britain's model was made in 1979....

thanks for sharing the picture.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Rio wrote:

Interesting. The Britain's model was made in 1979....

thanks for sharing the picture.
Britians actually made at least 4 different plastic models and at least one lead figure. the last pose was done in 1979 I think, but my favorite is the pose in the photo above but was brown instead of black.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sable antelope discussion!!!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next