Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sable antelope discussion!!!

Go down 
+23
MartinH
WILLYBACOMAN
baltimore zoo
ze_neto
Numa
SUSANNE
pm64
Egbert
m.davis.15
lucky luke
Admin
widukind
Kiryuha
Rio
Joan Milelire
Kikimalou
skysthelimit
nyarlahotep
HKHollinstone
Philter4
atabini
Kristie
Roger
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
m.davis.15

m.davis.15

Country/State : Scotland

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:53 pm

I know it's asking for a bit too much, but Roger, can you ask Mojo to make a family, the baby sable is just too cute!!! Very Happy

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 6a010535647bf3970b0147e08b89fb970b-800wi
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 pm

[quote="m.davis.15"]I know it's asking for a bit too much, but Roger, can you ask Mojo to make a family, the baby sable is just too cute!!! Very Happy
[/quote

Davis, I agree with you, all family is beautiful, the strong dark male, the female with her chestnut colour and this cute cute calf! I think is better think in a 2012 figure, and if it is sucessful certainly it will have a family! Anyway Mojo will read it! Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:59 am

The Baby sable is Gorgeous.............................I must have one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:07 am

I like the Idea of a big male in a pose very similar to Roberts images but with the head lifted more or perhaps slightly looking upwards.
This would make a beautiful profile and would make it look so majestic and regal.....what do you think? Suspect
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:44 am

Egbert wrote:
I like the Idea of a big male in a pose very similar to Roberts images but with the head lifted more or perhaps slightly looking upwards.
This would make a beautiful profile and would make it look so majestic and regal.....what do you think? Suspect
Yes it would Egbert, he would look stunning. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Egbert

Egbert

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 am

Glad you like the idea, all we have to hope now is that Crocobert the Mojorator likes it too!
Or it could be a case of the alien vs pirat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:53 am

Antelopes do seem to rule on this forum!

Is it just me, or does the Playvisions antelope look like a horse with antlers? Very Happy

As for the new figure, I like the striking dark color of the male. Pose is not so important, but I do agree with the profile pose, no turned head.

This is exciting!

-Kristie monkey
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:59 am

Izzy wrote:
Antelopes do seem to rule on this forum!

Probably cause big modern brands don't have much of them to offer. Look at big cats for instance...
I would love if companies would made on regular bases at least antelopes which stands out in shape, color or size - that would attract wider public. After that, in every 2,3 years few less known or attractive antelopes could be added, for collectors taste...

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 am

[quote="Izzy"]Antelopes do seem to rule on this forum!

Is it just me, or does the Playvisions antelope look like a horse with antlers? Very Happy

You are right Kristie, sables are hippotragus, what means horse goat! But in PV figure, that legs, pose and tail makes me think in a very horse figure too! But even in Lineol you can see it mainly with the mane, try to put a horse tail and remove the ibex horns!:)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:34 am

Egbert wrote:
Glad you like the idea, all we have to hope now is that Crocobert the Mojorator likes it too!
Or it could be a case of the alien vs pirat Very Happy

Crocobert??? Who is crocobert??? Evil or Very Mad Wink
I think I've found a photo of Eggbert!Wink
Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 Croc-in-egg
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 am

i'm hurt now Crying or Very sad the great Mojorator has me as a crocodilian!
Does that mean you dont like my idea Mojorator?
I think i am more like my cheeky friend below Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 am

Oh! Help, i dont know how to upload images Sad

Last edited by Egbert on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to upload image :-()
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:25 pm

I d love to see a male giant sable,dark black fur ,giant horns, looking forward.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Egbert wrote:
Oh! Help, i dont know how to upload images Sad

There is a little about it here, - lots of silly talk also, but Sue DID put a photo in.

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t1297-posting-photos-to-the-forum

I hope you can make something out of it Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Egbert wrote:
i'm hurt now Crying or Very sad the great Mojorator has me as a crocodilian!
Does that mean you dont like my idea Mojorator?
I think i am more like my cheeky friend below Very Happy

Oh sorry! I didn't want to hurt you! I'm only trying to be kind, in this picture you makes me remember my youngest son!!! How can I hurt you???:)
I understand your point of view about the sable, you want an artistic touch but I think it could not result natural! But is always an idea and all ideas are welcome! Thanks and who have to like the idea is Mr. Mojo and not the mojorator!!!:pirate: :)
Any pose could be great in such a beautiful species!
But not this one of this female sable with a zebra!

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 2009+Ultimate+Africa+10-22-2009+12-51-11+PM+927x620
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:46 am

Now i have my Avatar!!!.
OK Roger the Sarchosuchus meet the naughty Pirate Squirrel pirat
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:48 am

After consideration i agree with the Mojorator, this pose is very hard to find and would not be natural.
OK! back to the drawing board!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Egbert wrote:
Now i have my Avatar!!!.

I vote for the squirrel
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:45 am

Egbert wrote:
Now i have my Avatar!!!.
he he, cute avatar Egbert.

Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:31 am

Ok....I am still struggling in order to be able to load an image...even following the two Sues instructions....anyway to give you an idea of what I would like it to be I have created my avatar....so I hope our giant sable will appear exactly like this....
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 am

pm64 wrote:
Ok....I am still struggling in order to be able to load an image...even following the two Sues instructions....anyway to give you an idea of what I would like it to be I have created my avatar....so I hope our giant sable will appear exactly like this....

Loved the "our giant sable", that's it Paolo! ...and thanks!
Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 98-64
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:16 am

Thank you Roger!
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 pm

nyarlahotep wrote:
I would like it to have detailed musculature. I want it to be a striking, powerful looking figure. I'd prefer it be a big bull with large horns and dark fur.

I agree with this comment. I think the Antelope should be standing and looking up and straight ahead with all its feet on the ground. It should look bold and majestic (similar to a horse pose) as this antelope's latin name does link it to a horse due to its body shape. It should be a dark brown/black Giant Sable bull (and a calf and female with their colour variations where possible).

The antelope must look ahead and not sideways like Schleich figures and look confident and striking. The below pictures are particularly nice.

One is standing the other two are walking - one of which is a sculpture which I think captures the animal beautifully. A plastic model from Mojo of a similar sculpt to that of the sculpture would be brilliant. And before anyone says anything I dont think its copying as the sculpture was copied on a real animal.

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 1Sable

Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 Sable-male_sable_farm_brits_25-10-2008_img_4930

Last edited by Schleichzoo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
nyarlahotep wrote:
I would like it to have detailed musculature. I want it to be a striking, powerful looking figure. I'd prefer it be a big bull with large horns and dark fur.

I agree with this comment. I think the Antelope should be standing and looking up and straight ahead with all its feet on the ground. It should look bold and majestic (similar to a horse pose) as this antelope's latin name does link it to a horse due to its body shape. It should be a dark brown/black Giant Sable bull (and a calf and female with their colour variations where possible).

The antelope must look ahead and not sideways like Schleich figures and look confident and striking. The below pictures are particularly nice.

One is standing the other two are walking - one of which is a sculpture which I think captures the animal beautifully. A plastic model from Mojo of a similar sculpt to that of the sculpture would be brilliant. And before anyone says anything I dont think its copying as the sculpture was copied on a real animal.

Thanks Numaan!!! I know the development of the figure will start very soon and with the ideas of all friends of this forum I'm sure the final result will be magnificent! I hope to continue seeing your participation! cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:42 am

I like the last picture you posted Numaan - if it was modelled exactly like that it would be perfect.
The other two pictures are stunning and I know one is real but they look too stiff to me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sable antelope discussion!!!   Sable antelope discussion!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sable antelope discussion!!!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next