Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?

Go down 
+27
Birdsage
Joliezac
Night_Friesian
kellyL
George
Mumm
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Advicot
Bonnie
sbell
Saarlooswolfhound
Jennypurr
halichoeres
Rhombo Eric
Anne from Norway
NightLioness
bmathison1972
aschuck
WhiteLightning Wolf
landrover
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
RedSetter
Taos
widukind
Thylacineotway
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Dec 2018, 12:02

My current database indicates 2464 figures, but it doesn't include a couple dozen or so butterflies that are not identified to the genus or species level (most randomly-colored generic butterflies).
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 1046 models so far.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 02:17

Dear Sts Friends:
Well, I counted up my collection, and I now have, minus the accessories, 1046 models, including the people. Tonight, I ordered some more additions for my collection, including a Collecta Horseshoe Crab. I now have 6 Collecta Models. Anyway, there's really nothing much going on otherwise, so if there's more news, then I'll just post here again.

Aschuck

P.S. I only started seriously collecting since 2016.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 08:00

Wow, so so many HUGE collections on here! Shocked Very Happy cheers
It just goes to show, how amazing these model animals are!
How I would love to spend hours looking at each one of your collections, and especially the canines! drunken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Here's the total if you count the accessories in my collection.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 16:27

Dear Sts Friends:
Okay, so, here's the total of things if you count the accessories )I.E. Food, Tools, playmobil, lego, and other stuff that works as accessories.). The Grand total is 1385. There, that's my entire collection. That total represents the number of figures and accessories I have now, including the figures that have recently been ordered, and the ones from Safari for 2021. Yes, I do have a database that has this info in it. Well, it's actually a word document in my computer. Anyway, last I checked, the total was 1385. Anyway, if anyone else is interested in my collection, then let me know your thoughts, or what not. So, if there's more news, then maybe i'll post here again some time.

Aschuck

P.S. I think the largest parts of my collection are the safari and schleich, because the Schleich entry says: 441, While the Safari Entry says: 405. I guess we'll just have to see what Safari comes out with for 2021.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 16:48

My focus has changed in the two years since I last posted. The numbers are less now, but I have removed most of my generic arthropod figures and they have been replaced by non-arthropod species for my Synoptic Collection. With the exception of arthropod groups that are rarely represented (termites, springtails, mayflies, grylloblattids, others), everything in my collection now can be attributed to at least the genus level.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 17:05

That must be more manageable, and of course, it's always nice to be able to have some way of organising a collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Corrections for the grand Total.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 18:16

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, the Grand total has changed again. Now the grand total for my collection is: 1538. This total is if you count the accessories and animals and people. Anyway, that's the latest news, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 19:03

I just passed 4,000 a few weeks ago... all kinds of brands, known and unknown, most species, handful of fantasy. I got my first Schleich at 3 years old (I remember buying them at the store, the shire gelding and chestnut mare). Bought figures as toys as a child, didn't seriously start "collecting" until I was around 13 and found the forum, have been enjoying this hobby and the forum for around a decade now. My basement is slowly filling up with plastic... Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020, 20:19

4,000! Shocked Very Happy cheers Applause
That is amazing amount, I would love to spend hours in you basement drunken And you joined at roughly my age! But 4,000 models, I think that would take me a lifetime!
Especially looking at all the dogs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020, 18:06

I have collected since I was two years old, so 13 years and my figure count is roughly 1400, I started seriously collecting maybe age 6 but only in the last 4 years I have discovered people like me with the same hobby. The most common species/breed in my collection is Bengal tigers and African lions with 32 of each

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020, 18:14

Wow 1400 Shocked !
Think how many you could have by the end of your life... Shocked Already so many so young!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020, 14:13

Mine is slighty over 4,000 but that doesn't include accessories(trees,fences,buildings,vehicles etc)and I have been collecting since my twenties.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020, 14:51

4,000- another huge collection! Shocked Applause cheers
That really is amazing, it must be a museum and a joy to look at! Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020, 15:33

I would love to have them all on display but space doesn't permit it so I have to rota them in my display units.I hope one day to have a room to display all my models and my books! Smile

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020, 16:17

That would be wonderful, I hope for that too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Well, here it is!   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020, 22:41

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, today I checked my database, and I now have a total of 1056 figures, not counting the accessories. Isn't that great? Anyway, I also wanted to tell you that I do have a searchlist going, but it seems to me that that list is getting longer and longer. I guess that's one of the dilemmas of being a collector. Oh well. Anyway, here is the total in my collection if you do count the accessories:

I'm sure that my number of figures will grow in the future, so we'll see what happens. I really think that's it great that some of you have 4000 figures. I sure wish I had that many figures crossed off my searchlist. At least I won't be getting much in 2021, at least from Safari and Schleich. See, Schleich's fantasy line doesn't interest me this time around. Looks like it will be just animals, and maybe a dinosaur, but that's about it. Anyway, I just thought I'd give you all a report of how my collection is doing. Well, that's the news from my side, so I'll post again if there's more.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020, 09:33

Another huge collection! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Another Figure update.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020, 00:54

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, so, tonight I ordered 10 more figures for my collection. The current total of models, animals and people, minus accessories, is 1066. For those of you who actually count your collections, do you count the total of everything, or do you count just the animals, or what? The reason why I ask is because the title for this topic says how many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? Well, as to how many models, that depends on if you count the fantasy, animals, and people models that you have. Otherwise, if you count just the animals and prehistoric, then the total is really 10003. Now that looks a lot different, but only because the people have been subtracted from the original total. Right now, I have 63 people in my collection. Of course they're not all human, but that's not the point. The point is, how do you organize your collections, when it comes to the number of models? Yeah, I know, my questions might seem out of place, but they're very insightful, don't you think? Anyway, I now have 16 Collecta Models in my collection. I've also made my search list for 2021. Anyway, this is the only news that I have for now, so I'll post if there's more.

Also, if anyone else has insightful questions about organizing, I'll do my best to answer them. I always like giving advice to other forum members.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020, 03:13

Aschuck, I think everyone has a different way of doing it- but for me, people and fantasy figures count as models and would be included in the total. Accessories such as fences, food etc. collected just for building a scene would not be included in my total. Trees, buildings and the like are a grey area, they may mostly be accessories I wouldn't count but sometimes they may be collected as models in their own right and should be included in the count.

Having said that, I have never counted my collection. While I don't have any people, the fantasy figures would certainly be a part of the total were I to do so.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The Full Total   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020, 17:30

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, whoever wrote that last post, yay for both of us. I mean, I think we're both on the right track. I mean, if the total of people and animals in my collection is 1066, then that's great, right? Also, for those of you who have 4000 figures or more, I'm soooo Jealous, but it's fine, I guess. Maybe someday I'll get to that number. Anyway, thank you all for the advice, about the totals and such, it helped me a lot. Now I can truly say that my collection has 1066 models. As of right now, no new additions, but that might change.

Well, that's the tail end of the news, so I'll post again if anything more happens in my collection.

Aschuck

P.S. Roger, how many models do you have in your collection? I only ask, because my mom wants to know.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The latest additions.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Dec 2020, 19:00

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, it looks like I need to do a recount of my collection. See, the total isn't quite calculated right, not yet anyway. Let's just say, it's close to 1069, but that might not be correct. As far as I know, there 13 new additions, three people and 10 animals. And I guess there really isn't much else to report, so as usual, I'll post if there's more news.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Dec 2020, 19:53

I always love wild animals toys, books etc as far as I can remember.
Though I only begin to collect seriously in 2003. I began with French brands of my youth like Starlux and Clairet but since the beggining I discovered and collected the German and British vintage brands. I also did the same in 2003 with the Western and Japanese modern brands.
I opened my eyes (and my wallet Laughing ) on a bigger world than expected.
I collected a lot of models from 1920's to nowadays until a few years ago. I had thousands of them, not the biggest collection of STS but still a very serious thing.
Then I moved to a new home and I lost 40m2. So I have less place now and of course less displays.
I have now three different collections:
First the "vintage collection". I can't tell how much figures in this collection because half of it is still in boxes and I will have to reduced it seriously, it will be my 2021 task.
The second collection is my "on scale" collection. Because of Blaine's (bmathison1972) synoptic collection, because of rogerpgvg addiction to 1/32 scale and because of my lack of place I decided to display my "modern" collection by scale fromless than 1/1 to more than 1/100. I have for this one 5 Lidl crowded displays and one shelf where 1246 wild animals are living (extinct or extant).
Then I still had a third collection in boxes: The "Now it's time to say goodbye" collection. I think it is between 500 and 1000 models wich have to leave my home because I have no place for them. But I'm not sad, a collection needs to evolve to stay alive and sometimes less is better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Dec 2020, 19:57

Your collection sounds so big, and so varied! cheers cheers
And I agree, finding space can be a problem, and it must be very tricky with a collection as big as yours! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Dec 2020, 19:58

Bonnie wrote:
And I agree, finding space can be a problem, and it must be very tricky with a collection as big as yours! Very Happy

I hope I will found time to picture it (at least the second one) to show it on STS.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Dec 2020, 20:00

Kikimalou wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

I hope I will found time to picture it (at least the second one) to show it on STS.
Yes that would be amazing! Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next