Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?

Go down 
+27
Birdsage
Joliezac
Night_Friesian
kellyL
George
Mumm
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Advicot
Bonnie
sbell
Saarlooswolfhound
Jennypurr
halichoeres
Rhombo Eric
Anne from Norway
NightLioness
bmathison1972
aschuck
WhiteLightning Wolf
landrover
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
RedSetter
Taos
widukind
Thylacineotway
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The grand Total Revised.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 4:07 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've recounted my collection, and here is the grand total, revised, of course:

1064, not counting accessories.

Okay, so, I was close, I suppose. Anyway, no really new additions, but I'm waiting for two boxes, one from ebay, the other from Happy Hen Toys. Boy am I glad I found this topic. Now I can fill you in about the new additions for my collection whenever I want, or whenever I get something. Hey, whoever started this topic, thank you, thank you, thank you! Anyway, I looked for more figures tonight at VOA, and found nothing. Figures (No pun intended, but laugh if you want). Anyway, like I said, I looked, and found nothing. So, hopefully my boxes come soon. Well, I guess that's the news for now, so I'll post again in this topic if there's more to tell you.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Well, let's see, what can I put here? I don't know.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 8:47 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, today I got some figures as christman gifts, and so the total of models in my collection is 1096 if I did the math right, that is. Anyway, I have 17 Collecta figures, and 235 AAA figures, but I'm not sure about the other brands yet. Anyway, I just thought I'd give you all an update as to how things are in my collection. Anyway, that's the news, so I'll report again if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More Collection news.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 8:22 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've done it, I've passed the mark of 1100 figures. The Current total of all the figures I have is currently 1115. I'm hoping to get more soon, so keep your eyes peeled for more news. Also, the three AAA mollusks that I ordered arrived today in the mail, so that's great news. Boy do I love this hobby. Anyway, I'll be sure and write you all when there's more news, but for now there's nothing more to report.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Playmobil and lego: Should they be counted as accessories?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 8:57 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi, my question is important as it affects the number of models in my collection. Let's say that a collector like myself collects not only figures but Lego and Playmobil too. Well, what do you do if you want to count the people and animals of Playmobil and lego? Do you count these as accessories, or not? If anyone else collects these brands, your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 5:07 am

I would count Lego and Playmobil animals and people as figures in your collection. If you collect them for themselves and not as accessories to something else, then they are as legitimate as any Schleich or Safari figure.

I don't collect those figures, but I don't think saying some brands count as legitimate figures and others don't is right. They are all worthy to the right person.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Thanks for the Advice.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 6:33 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, whoever just replied, thank you so much for clarifying what I wrote earlier. It makes sense now, I suppose, and so I guess I'll have to recalculate my full total of the models in my collection. Well, let's see, the last I checked, the total was at 1216, but as we all know that could change. Anyway, there's nothing else to report on my end for now, so I'll write again if there's nore news.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm

I have one Playmobil animal in my collection (the set it came in is in a box in the closet because I don't care about the other parts). But I definitely count it!

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The Revised Total   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 am

Hi guys,

Hey, here it is, the revised total of figures in my collection:

1228, if I did the math correctly. Anyway, there's other news, which is just this, that next week, I might be getting some lego parts from a friend of mine. So that could mean more people. Anyway, that's the news for now, so I'll write again if there's more.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Should Plush animals be counted too?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 7:15 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi guys,

Hey, I was thinking, when counting up my collection, should I count the plush / bead-filled / sand-filled animals too? Just wondering, because I do collect plush and sand filled animals. I also have a few Barbie dolls. Should those be counted too? Well, if anyone has any thoughts on this dilemma, then let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 11:05 am

Some of us collect Plush, and some of us don't, so I think it would depend on your collecting interests! Very Happy Both hard models and plush ones still represent the animal, and so I would definitely call both an 'animal replica', and so I think, if you collect plush, these should definitely be counted in your total! Very Happy
I collect plush dogs too, because they are still replicas of the animal I love, and I haven't counted my collection but if I did I would include these! Very Happy Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Sand and Plush animals in my collection   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, thanks for clarifying about the question I asked earlier. It really helped me out. Well, now I'll have to recount my collection entries, and then I can show you the real total. Also, in my collection, I have many brands of sand filled animals, including some unbranded ones. These are mostly ones I've picked up at resale shops and other places like that. One time, I went to VOA twice, and both times, I found a very large hand made frog, filled with micro beads. Now is that cool, or what? Anyway, both of these frogs are now in my collection. Also, does anyone else collect sand filled animals, or am I the only collector of these? Just wondering. No new additions as of right now, but that might change. I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow, so we'll see what figures that yields. Also, Dad has agreed to do an ebay order with me, so we'll see what that holds. And, I guess that's the news for now. If any more new additions come my way, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The Real Total, revised.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 4:21 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, if I've done the math correctly, the total of models in my collection is 1461, oh wait, that's not right, because I'm counting the accessories too. Oh well, I guess I'll have to do the math again. I have, however, counted up my plush and sand filled collection, and have included them in my totals of entries in my database. Now all I have to do is add up the numbers. Well, that's it for news as of now, so I'll write if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Well, here it is, the real total, done at last.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 4:29 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, here it is, the final total, as of now. The Total is: 1298, if I did the math right. Anyway, I'm going to VOA tomorrow, so that might affect the total, if I find anything to buy there, so we'll see what I find. Anyway, that's the news for now, so I'll write again, when there's more news.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Here it is, the new total.   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 10:11 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I looked at my total of figures, as written about in a word document, and this was the result, if I did the math right:

That total is the total of animals, people, and other stuff that is not an accessory. I'm hoping to find more things for my collection soon, so we'll see what comes of all this ordering and what not. In the meantime, I'm again on the hunt for AAA figures, especially the Mollusk replicas. Man, those figures are nice. The problem is, how does one get a hold of them? At this point, I don't know. Any advice about this dilemma would be much appreciated. Anyway, if I get any more news as far as new figures goes, then I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: well, here it is   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 1:34 am

Dear Sts Friends:

well, tonight, I counted all the models in my collection, including plush, playmobil and lego. The Total now is 1287, and still going up. I've noticed that the total goes up and down sometimes, but that's only when I discover that I have doubles of some things, so what I do is if I have a double of something, then I remove it from my collection. Anyway, no new additions yet, but I'm hoping to go to a museum next month, so we'll see what figures that yields. In the meantime, I'm still organizing my collection. I just wanted to let you all know how things were going. Anyway, that's the news for now, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: She Soots, and she scores. Yay!   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 4:45 am

Dear sts Friends:

Well, I'm nearing the 1300 mark as far as the models in my collection goes. At this point, I'm not sure how high I'm planning on going, I only know that I want everything crossed off on my searchlist at some point. This endeavor might take a number of months to complete, but so far things look good. Also, as far as new additions goes, I received my latest order from Safari, and I got lots of new things from that. Now, though, I'm wondering what they're up to for 2022. Oh well, we'll know soon, I guess. In the meantime, I'll just keep on collecting.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The News, as far as my collection is concerned   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 1:31 am

Dear STS Friends,
Tonight Mom and I ordered some of the 2021 Schleich things from Happy Hen Toys. Over the past week, I've also been able to find some more insects for my collection. Hopefully, I can order more AAA figures soon. Anyway, my collection, if you count the accessories, equals: 1626. Anyway, that's the news for now, so if I get any more new additions, then I'll let you know.

Aschuck.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: LPS Figures: should they be counted as accessories or what?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:46 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi again. Hey, I've been thinking about collecting LPS figures, and then it occurred to me, should these be counted with the other animals I have, or should they be counted as accessories? When counting my collection that is. Anyway, your advice on this matter would be much appreciated. Also, yesterday, I gained a new Schleich Horse model, compliments of my piano teacher's family. Anyway, that's the news for now, so I'll post if there's more.

Anna

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 2:34 am

I think if you're actively collecting the LPS figures for themselves, then they should be counted as part of your collection- not accessories.
Back to top Go down
Mumm

Country/State : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 3:57 pm

I started collecting 4 months ago and my collection now has exactly 120 figures (98% Schleich and a couple of New Ray "intruders" as well.)  How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 1f60a

I do say that I buy them for my baby (she is 9 months old), but I guess we all know that I'm the one who's obsessed with them Very Happy Very Happy

To be honest, I didn't know anything about animal figures half a year ago. Now I read STS + animaltoyforum daily and Schleich wiki is my best friend (became an editor there and do minor tweaks when I stumble upon any). I also created a Facebook group for all animal figure enthusiasts in my country (Estonia), which has gotten really active to my surprise. I'm so fond of my new hobby, I absolutely love it! Super glad I discovered Schleich (even though I do prefer their older models, which I've been lucky to get to my collection, too).
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Thats a great collection Mumm! And welcome here.  cheers

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 9:03 pm

So wonderful that you have started collecting, I'm sure you'll agree that it really is such an enjoyable hobby! Very Happy And you already have an impressive collection, so many for such a short time! Very Happy
And welcome to STS! sunny
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 pm

I got my first model in 1998, but didn't buy my second til 2001, and because didn't discover the world of collecting/painting/discussing/showing models til then, really I count 2001 as when I got started on the hobby.

As for the 'how many' question, I can't give an exact total, but I did tally up a few months ago by just counting all the horse and other equine models sorted into brand/finish pages on my website, and there were 1,668. Probably quite a few which have slipped the net and not been uploaded cos I lost their photos or just plain forgot them, and about twenty to thirty recent arrivals/repaints which weren't on there yet when I counted. Plus about 125 of other species.

Gives a total of roughly 1,880?
Not including the 'body box' of blank/damaged/duplicates waiting to be repainted.

In short, I don't actually know Laughing

Mumm

Country/State : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 2:32 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome,  @Saarlooswolfhound and  @Bonnie! How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 1f49b

I have 120 animal figures in total:
Schleich - 114
New Ray - 5
Noname - 1
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 6:31 pm

George wrote:
I got my first model in 1998, but didn't buy my second til 2001, and because didn't discover the world of collecting/painting/discussing/showing models til then, really I count 2001 as when I got started on the hobby.

As for the 'how many' question, I can't give an exact total, but I did tally up a few months ago by just counting all the horse and other equine models sorted into brand/finish pages on my website, and there were 1,668. Probably quite a few which have slipped the net and not been uploaded cos I lost their photos or just plain forgot them, and about twenty to thirty recent arrivals/repaints which weren't on there yet when I counted. Plus about 125 of other species.

Gives a total of roughly 1,880?
Not including the 'body box' of blank/damaged/duplicates waiting to be repainted.

In short, I don't actually know Laughing
An amazing collection! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?   How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many models in your collection, and how long have you been collecting for?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next